Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

The gay couples are more high profile ones, for instance Nightsong and Isobel

Today for "you couldn't make this shit up":

uZnV6ag.jpg

"The Hag questline is problematic because big nose = jews misrepresentation".

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
If I had to sum up my experience with Baldur's Gate 3, it would be that Baldur's Gate 3 is the Divinity Original Sin game I always wanted to play, but the Baldur's Gate game I never wanted to see.

I just entered the city in Act 3, and I feel so unmotivated to continue the adventure. The way how you get into the city, and the introduction to Gortash is so dumb, and I really started to get tired of the story after all the revelations in Act 2 regarding the plot.

I also can't stand this new setting of 5e Faerun in which thousands of Thieflings just casually wander around the Swordcoast, making the whole continent look like a damn circus. And of course they just can't stop talking about refugees, and sometimes you do wonder if setting political statements for refugees is mandatory to get the rights for a Baldur's Gate game from WoTC (Siege of Dragonspear, ahem).

Self-Ejected
The gay couples are more high profile ones, for instance Nightsong and Isobel
Nightsong and Isobel
and that's it. I can remember there is another couple that is homosexual but again there are also many that are not. I never ran in an instance where the game did pandering to wokism in the story on the dialogues unlike Siege of Dragonspear where they actually lectured you and in your face about it.

Self-Ejected
If I had to sum up my experience with Baldur's Gate 3, it would be that Baldur's Gate 3 is the Divinity Original Sin game I always wanted to play, but the Baldur's Gate game I never wanted to see.

I just entered the city in Act 3, and I feel so unmotivated to continue the adventure. The way how you get into the city, and the introduction to Gortash is so dumb, and I really started to get tired of the story after all the revelations in Act 2 regarding the plot.

I also can't stand this new setting of 5e Faerun in which thousands of Thieflings just casually wander around the Swordcoast, making the whole continent look like a damn circus. And of course they just can't stop talking about refugees, and sometimes you do wonder if setting political statements for refugees is mandatory to get the rights for a Baldur's Gate game from WoTC (Siege of Dragonspear, ahem).
Is not the whole faerun is Baldur's gate in general the game takes place shortly after the event of the Descent on Avernus storyline.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

Is not the whole faerun is Baldur's gate in general the game takes place shortly after the event of the Descent on Avernus storyline.
but why

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
ENDING SPOILERS: I hated Karlach during the game but I love that Karlithid gives you a chance to save Orpheus without turning into a a mindflayer yourself. Are there any other companions who can do it instead of you or is it just her? I can't find much information on it from google other than the Karlach option, all i know is that when I tried with Lae'zel it didn't work

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

but why
Elturel a city close to baldour's gate was dragged in to the avernus after the city was conquered by a powerful Vampire lord. Zariel reached for the most important priest of the city and coaxed him to make a pact using the city as a trade coin. What happened is the city was for several weeks filled with radiance that destroyed every single undead present in to the city after the crisis was adverted the golden sun created to fight the undead went dark and the whole city was ripped off out of toril to end in to the avernus.
Of course when it comes with material plane dwellers exposed to lower planes it always laid to some form of corruption this is why many former citizens of Elturel now are tiefling. When the event of descent of avernus were over and elturel returned to the material plane the first thing that happened was a mass migration of those tieflings to Baldur's gate as they were not wanted in Elturel anymore. After all for a mortal city to end for quite some time in the hells leaves a lot of scars.

This is why in the game you have a lot of tieflings refugees.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron

but why
Elturel a city close to baldour's gate was dragged in to the avernus after the city was conquered by a powerful Vampire lord. Zariel reached for the most important priest of the city and coaxed him to make a pact using the city as a trade coin. What happened is the city was for several weeks filled with radiance that destroyed every single undead present in to the city after the crisis was adverted the golden sun created to fight the undead went dark and the whole city was ripped off out of toril to end in to the avernus.
Of course when it comes with material plane dwellers exposed to lower planes it always laid to some form of corruption this is why many former citizens of Elturel now are tiefling. When the event of descent of avernus were over and elturel returned to the material plane the first thing that happened was a mass migration of those tieflings to Baldur's gate as they were not wanted in Elturel anymore. After all for a mortal city to end for quite some time in the hells leaves a lot of scars.

THE Zariel we weet in the Druid camp in Act 1?

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

100% agreed. I was dragging myself to get through Act 3 badly. The pacing is totally fucked. IMHO, Act 2 --should-- have been Act 3 and they should have just reworked the ending parts of Act 3 to be in the end of Act 2, this would flow much better because you'd knock off the 3 primary antagonists one after the other. Act 3 is a slog, its unoptimized even on a very high end machine, and its buggy as fuck. It's also a "city adventure" and contains way too much fetch quest type busy work that is wholly inappropriate for a final act. Act 2 - 3 switch around would mitigate this.

Also-- The Dark Urge canonical ending is fucking AWFUL, just warning any Dark Urge bros. Several people have complained on this long thread you are actively penalized by losing content for playing evil, this is accurate now that I've completed it. You do -gain- some cutscenes and the Dark Urge storyline is well integrated in the various acts but you lose quite a bit too including probably the worst ending imaginable. It's nearly a literal fade to black. No fucking resolution, no epilogue, nothing. I won't get into specific / spoilers but I was very disappointed. I reloaded my savegame right before the crucial decision and the 'other' path is 100% more satisfying as an ending. Just FYI.

Self-Ejected

but why

THE Zariel we weet in the Druid camp in Act 1?
That's not Zariel.... The Zariel that is the archdevil ruler of Avernus. Used to be an Angel in past.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

That's quite a big concession on Microsoft's part, guess they're smelling money since they didn't even want to do this for Halo. I wonder if this'll be the start of removing the feature parity requirement for smaller titles.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

That's quite a big concession on Microsoft's part, guess they're smelling money since they didn't even want to do this for Halo. I wonder if this'll be the start of removing the feature parity requirement for smaller titles.

Larian is the new king of gaming, of course MS will make a concession.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom