Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
All hail Larian, the amout of butthurt, cope and tears we will be mining from the codex autists will continue for years to come!

Gradenmayer

Learned
am I fucking crazy or is there no way to select all characters in this game and make them do an action at the same time.... like sneak/hide for instance? Instead of having selecting them one at a time?

I have been fucking messing around with this for like an hour now after not using it then game since release and just thinking I would eventually figure it out, but its so annoying now...I still can't find out a button..the group all button just moves the stupid portraits closer and does shit all...there is a 'highlight all characters' button but it just makes them more visible and only the actually selected character does the action...I am awake way too late at night fucking around with this and its pissing me off..how do they not have a easy way to just draw a green box around the characters like in every other isometric party based game? WTF are they thinking?

Or am I just a moron and missing some button? I have a migraine now and have not advanced in the game in like 2 hours since I am just fucking around with the interface...so annoyed..
Shit C hides all characters in my game
OMG, thank you. Literally my blood pressure is like 50 points lower and I can go to bed now. That worked. I still wish you could draw a green box around the people..but still...that is so much better..I swear I did not see that in the key bind menu, I will look tomorrow and see if I was just a idiot and missed it despite reading it like 6 times..

but thanks again bro, you might have saved me from stroking out, and now I can turn this shit off and sleep.
You can Press ~ (button below ESC) for npc highlighting. G to split them. But selecting multiple is not a thing

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Nice even the big shots from Playstation like Yoshida are congratulating Larian.

Larian will get multi billion dollar offers now. But I will stay independent and loyal to the fans as I have said.

am I fucking crazy or is there no way to select all characters in this game and make them do an action at the same time.... like sneak/hide for instance? Instead of having selecting them one at a time?

I have been fucking messing around with this for like an hour now after not using it then game since release and just thinking I would eventually figure it out, but its so annoying now...I still can't find out a button..the group all button just moves the stupid portraits closer and does shit all...there is a 'highlight all characters' button but it just makes them more visible and only the actually selected character does the action...I am awake way too late at night fucking around with this and its pissing me off..how do they not have a easy way to just draw a green box around the characters like in every other isometric party based game? WTF are they thinking?

Or am I just a moron and missing some button? I have a migraine now and have not advanced in the game in like 2 hours since I am just fucking around with the interface...so annoyed..
OMG, thank you. Literally my blood pressure is like 50 points lower and I can go to bed now. That worked. I still wish you could draw a green box around the people..but still...that is so much better..I swear I did not see that in the key bind menu, I will look tomorrow and see if I was just a idiot and missed it despite reading it like 6 times..

but thanks again bro, you might have saved me from stroking out, and now I can turn this shit off and sleep.
You can Press ~ (button below ESC) for npc highlighting. G to split them. But selecting multiple is not a thing
yeah, but you can make them all hide at the same time..but it does still seem like selecting them all is still not a thing, which is weird. Why not just the old draw a box method? It is so easy. Whatever, they are trying to be cool and different or something IMO.

potatojohn

Arcane
Where's the option to turn off telemetry? I remember there was a popup saying you can turn it off, but I couldn't find it.

0wca

Learned
THE GAYME IS GOOD IF YOU IGNORE THE TRANNY SHIT WHICH IS 80% OF THE GAME

RPG COPEDEX
What's up with you, SDG and others coming to this thread and writing shit both about the game and about those who play it, while not playing it yourselves or even planning to. Are you trying to prove something? I doubt there are many uninterested people going into i.e. Diablo 4 thread and spamming the place up with such garbage. Yet SDG comes here every day saying that we are all tranny retards and play stupid game, unlike amazing Diablo 4 which is GOTY. You are second in frequency to come here and spam such after him. Could you explain this activity? Why bother doing so?
iu

"HoW dO yOu KnOw It'S bAd If YoU'vE nEvEr TrIeD iT?"

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Aliens in fantasy setting is indeed incredibly retarded. I'm no D&D lore expert but it's just retarded to have space ships in a fantasy setting. This 5e world seems way too bloated and could use a lot more focus.

Demons are cool tho. I wish they would lean more into the religious aspect of the world. Paladins don't really feel like holy crusaders for example. And you shouldn't be able to fuck everything that moves as a Paladin

Kiste

Augur

There is also a button on the left labeled "Toggle Hide"...

DeepOcean

Arcane
Going at glacial pace here but I really enjoyed the zentharim and the lady in the swamp side quests on Act 1, fascinating that when the game decides to be more normal and less fag romance/retarded epic focused, it improves alot.

I just wanted to kill gnolls on the woods and loot shining shit, why this tadpole nonsense?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As a side note, I read Perkel's great roundup and a few others, but if anyone knows of any other users that have given updated mini-reviews of the game, would love to look them up and read their thoughts. 240 pages is simply to much to sift through, especially with my recently busy schedule, so I apologize for outsourcing my education/entertainment to others but would definitely appreciate it.

Sunri

Liturgist
I think the score and reviews will become more negative when people reach act 3 it's kinda the same situation as dos 2 great start good development a then halfway it falls apart unlucky

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Going at glacial pace here but I really enjoyed the zentharim and the lady in the swamp side quests on Act 1, fascinating that when the game decides to be more normal and less fag romance/retarded epic focused, it improves alot.

I just wanted to kill gnolls on the woods and loot shining shit, why this tadpole nonsense?
Because its rekinned divinity 2 same trash writing, same trash story.

Niggerwoken.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I saw a post a while back that this feels more like a fairy tale setting than high fantasy and I agree 100%.

It needs to be more grounded and more focused to feel like high fantasy.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
You can definitely see what Larian's strengths and weaknesses are with this game. Dark Urge is fantastic. Very entertaining, lots of great scenes, funny too. The faces my main character makes during some of those scenes is legit funny af. They're great at doing something a little bit unexpected/off the wall (but still grounded.)

Weaknesses the main story, romance, party members in general. Larian would benefit a lot from doing a more grounded story.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Calling people redditors because some might think this overbloated Michael Bay
Blahblahblah. You're still going to play it, and it's still miles better than NWN2 in gameplay, writing and reactivity.

The only lacking bit is the ruleset and the current year politics.

If the Michael Bay shit were really such a turn off to you, you would have lost all interest in this thread 2 years ago.

So either leave and go look at the potato-faced NPCs trying to bore you to death in the Solasta intro again, or shuddap, redditor. :M
Lol, look at this chutzpah.
Calling people redditors because some might think this overbloated Michael Bay on adderall intro might be a bit too much.

- Let's say I'm playing as Gale. I fucked a goddess and I have a netheril nuke up my bum. I used to be a super powerful mage.
- I'm on a crashing illithid space ship.
- In motherfucking HELL!
- While chased by githyanki on dragons.
- I have a tadpole in my brain, but soon it will be clear it's not a boring old tadpole!
- I fall down from a ship but I'm saved by a mysterious force. Some dream waifu posing as some guardian of galaxy BS.

This isn't fantasy. This is some headache-inducing capeshit.
And what would you call wandering through a dungeon with demons, portals to other dimensions, strange monsters, dryad sex slaves and cloning vats - culminating in an epic wizard battle where thieves and wizards are all instakilled by dozens of spells?

How do you think that would have looked in a cinematic?

Get over yourself. This is BG3, not some generic fantasy schlock indie game where the dev kids himself into thinking he's going to sucker players in with a slow start.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Auntie and her swamp are great. Might be my favourite part of the game.

And it makes me seethe even more...

Because it proves Larian can produce good comfy fantasy, they just refuse to do it more as a part of their philosophy. Such is the nature of the wicked belgian soul.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's kinda the main story, there are other games out there who do more basic stuff if that's your thing
I dont care, I just wanted a less retarded thing for the main quest than worms you stick on your head turn you into Professor X, that shit is cringe as fuck.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
The main mindflayer story as it's executed is pretty terrible, but I think the premise could be interesting if it was written better and leaned into the horror aspect.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Aliens in fantasy setting is indeed incredibly retarded. I'm no D&D lore expert but it's just retarded to have space ships in a fantasy setting.
They were always there, pretty much. Aliens are not the problem, overall bloat and lack of focus are.

Focus on the alien horror, no fucking aliens in hell.

Can illithid even eat a devil brain and does it have any nutritional value, considering it's made of evil instead of organic matter?

:philosoraptor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom