Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Volourn is a billion times more funny than this Drak guy. How dare you compare them
Volourn is a closeted Chiefs fan. His legend precedes him and I respect the old man. Btw I'm super excited for August 3rd. I have a special video planned.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Can you play a strictly good, evil-banishing, degeneracy-destroying Paladin of Helm and get as much acknowledgement from the game as you would if you were playing an absolute degenerate?
If by that you mean killing almost everyone, then yes- you get the most exp and items.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Appreciate you pointing this out. Someone had to wade through that muck, to find out that buying Baldur's Gate 3, accepting it as a gift, spending valuable time playing, is to support these ideals. Even equality is not good enough for those absolute nutjobs. It never was though. Imagine being a decent human being, reading those hate filled ideas, and saying to yourself "yes this is ok. I agree with this. I am looking forward to playing this", knowing that this is what the developers support. Or even worse (?), imagine pretending that you don't like these topics, but still playing, still spending time, knowing what you are supporting. I don't know which one is worse. One is a self loathing piece of shit, the other is a cuck beyond measure. Which one are you, BG3 (Larian) fans?

Noooo you don't get it, it's just for marketing like the bear sex Swen is such a troll ha ha ha, BG3 is a game of the decade did you hear about the R E A C T I V I T Y, stop with the autistic political screeching you should talk about the game

soyjak-angry.gif
Well, at least your self-portrait is accurate.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Trans-lifeline was originally a complete scam used as a personal piggybank. They fired the two that got found out but as far as I know most of the time there's still rarely anybody working those phones.

1.png

The litmus test isn't the launch day number but the number after a month. 90% of players will have dropped the game by then.
That would be a fucking stupid litmus test for a single player.
Not matter how good or replayable, NO SHIT most people will move away after a month.

Anyway, the peak won't be on the first day but on the first weekend.

Shaki

Arbiter
What do we think of concurrent players at launch day?

My guess is in the region of 250k.

They had 50k peak for the early acces release, before all the marketing and normie hype.

To compare with DOS2, it had 3k peak for early access, 90k for full release.

BG3 subreddit already has nearly 200k subscribers pre release.

I estimate minimum 400k peak

Barbarian

Arcane
The last big release I remember playing that had 0 lgbtkxyujvjhvhmvhd nonsense was Elden Ring. I actually have the impression that mainstream jap games in general are still free of this crap.

So I guess our choice is to either become a kawai desu jap game lover or just stop playing games altogether?

There are based indie games such as Battle Brothers though. Too bad so few of them make the cut into something actually enjoyable.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Late Bloomer

Scholar
What do we think of concurrent players at launch day?

My guess is in the region of 250k.

Launch Day? Hmmm... Thats a big download and no preload as far as I am aware. I will say 300k Launch Day with a peak of 700k sometime during the week. How about you Abu? Do you think the numbers will rise from your guess of 250k post launch day?

cpmartins

Cipher
The last big release I remember playing that had 0 lgbtkxyujvjhvhmvhd nonsense was Elden Ring. I actually have the impression that mainstream jap games in general are still free of this crap.

So I guess our choice is to either become a kawai desu jap game lover or just stop playing games altogether?

There are based indie games such as Battle Brothers though. Too bad so few of them make the cut into something actually enjoyable.
Try The Door to Trithius. I'm having a blast with it until I can get hot and bothered with the bear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom