Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ryzer

Arcane
Spoiler this shit Morgoth.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
jcfjb4l7rydb1.png

Ow man they got the Friendly Arms Inn in.

:love:

In "Descent to Avernus" books in "Baldur's Gate section" there was big fragment about Umberlee clerics sending gold to sirens in the bay. Moneys prevented sirens before attack and they also could destroy unwanted ship.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Damn the game looks huge. Each one of these maps is going to be as big as the first demo act?
I'm spoiled by Wrath of the Righteous. 0 to 20 level adventure. 120 - 250 hours. C'mon it's a nice standard. Also Morrowind was larger.

This is too small, and Solasta had better 3D combat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I think even most of Larian haters agree, that making BG3 TB is one of the very few good things they've done. RTWP was always a mistake, the only reason why it even exist is that Diablo got super popular and made it impossible to pitch a TB game to a publisher."

No. BG was was real time with pause because BIo originally pitched a RTS to Interplay. Interplay turned around and begged them to use the engine to make a dnd game because Interplay sucked so bad at making dnd games that the people who owned dnd told Interplay they were fukk ups so Interplay despertaely needed an all but rookie dev house to come in and save their fukkin' sorry asses. Fukkin' losers at Interplay and BIS. LMAO

Also, funny how peopel claim dnd games should be dnd because dnd is tb in pnp.. yet tb games like bg3 still can't do dnd rules properly. larian promised 95% accuracy... yet its down to like 55%. :D

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Judging from EA unless Acts 2 and 3 are way smaller this should easily top 100 hours for anyone who cares about exploration and side quests

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Eh. Still will have less actually content than BG2. A lot of time will be spent in combat versus 20 goblins. LMAO

La vie sexuelle

Learned
This game will push a massive liberalization of DnD, It will become even worse afterward thanks to this game. If you complained about this game, then what will follow will be even more leftist or marxist.
New Baldur's Gate is a wind of liberal (in original, freedom sense) change.
The Liberals of today are the footstools of Marxism tomorrow.

I mean "liberals" in classical, liberty and freedom sense, not American sense, where "liberal" is equivalent of "leftists"

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Almost 1 week until launch boys, are you ready to fuck bears, slay evil and impregnate fair maidens?
I've still not decided what I'm going to play, and I keep flip flopping.
What options/builds are you trying to pick from?
I know I'll play a genocidal Dark Urge character, but I don't want to do it first time, so I can see more of the side plot and companions.
And I know will do a co-op campaign later which will probably be regular lawful good run, so I probably want something more neutral/evilish as my first solo.

I think I'll either play as Wyll Warlock, or Astarion Rogue? Or a less genocidal Dark Urge? I don't know exactly.
In my opinion, Dark Urge will not be a good first playthrough. I get the sense that Larian has placed the urges as key plot points that railroad you into a more direct, condensed, violent path, which will be greatly improved with knowledge of certain items, routes, etc. I definitely want to try out a Dark Urge assassin character later, especially with his unique item that turns him invisible for 2 rounds.

With Wyll, you would have charisma/persuasion checks, patron interactions, etc., although Astarion sounds like a comedic option.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
There's one scene in BG1 where a random NPC immediately kills anyone who starts a conversation with her. If it was a companion who talked to her, you can then get the NPC to resurrect that companion and then advance the scene, but if it was the main character who talked to the NPC it's an instant game over.
Yeah, was that one siren in the cliff area below Candlekeep.

Ryzer

Arcane
This game will push a massive liberalization of DnD, It will become even worse afterward thanks to this game. If you complained about this game, then what will follow will be even more leftist or marxist.

I mean "liberals" in classical, liberty and freedom sense, not American sense, where "liberal" is equivalent of "leftists"
4anbtl.png

La vie sexuelle

Learned

4anbtl.png

Americans call "liberals" as "libertarians". Weird.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Almost 1 week until launch boys, are you ready to fuck bears, slay evil and impregnate fair maidens?
I've still not decided what I'm going to play, and I keep flip flopping.
What options/builds are you trying to pick from?
I know I'll play a genocidal Dark Urge character, but I don't want to do it first time, so I can see more of the side plot and companions.
And I know will do a co-op campaign later which will probably be regular lawful good run, so I probably want something more neutral/evilish as my first solo.

I think I'll either play as Wyll Warlock, or Astarion Rogue? Or a less genocidal Dark Urge? I don't know exactly.
In my opinion, Dark Urge will not be a good first playthrough. I get the sense that Larian has placed the urges as key plot points that railroad you into a more direct, condensed, violent path, which will be greatly improved with knowledge of certain items, routes, etc. I definitely want to try out a Dark Urge assassin character later, especially with his unique item that turns him invisible for 2 rounds.

With Wyll, you would have charisma/persuasion checks, patron interactions, etc., although Astarion sounds like a comedic option.

From orher BG thread (there is so many...):

I wonder - if Dark Urge is model Absolute route or it should be played separately?
I think Swen said Dark Urge used to be the default protagonist, but testers complained he's too evil. So I imagine DU is much more tied to the main plot.
And apparently Act 2 is much darker than Act 1 too.

I wonder - if Dark Urge is model Absolute route or it should be played separately?
I think Swen said Dark Urge used to be the default protagonist, but testers complained he's too evil. So I imagine DU is much more tied to the main plot.
And apparently Act 2 is much darker than Act 1 too.
The implication is that Dark Urge was the original default character with ties to Bhaal / You're a Bhaalspawn.
I'm curious about them detaching it, because it leaves the question of who is Bhaalspawn up in the air. Certainly BG1-2 was capable of neutral or good Bhaalspawn, but with Dark Urge being the Bhaalspawn... is the default character still a Bhaalspawn also? Or are they something else / nothing?

Multiple Bhaalspawn is nothing new for the BG franchise, but the whole point of Throne of Bhaal is killing off all of them. Except that one weird loner that showed up later in that novel.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I fact we are all Infinitron schizophrenic alts.
Infinitron Hello me!

Hello! It's warm in Israel, isn't?
Unfortuantely my air conditioner isn't working and I'm still working on haggling down the price for the repair.

That's sad. Other me lost money on gas in traffic jam. I hope we got off this quickly.

I fact we are all Infinitron schizophrenic alts.
Infinitron Hello me!

Hello! It's warm in Israel, isn't?
Those damned jews with their damn kikery protests have me stuck in a traffic jam :argh:

Don't be angry, Bulgarian Infinitron.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom