Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LJ40

Cipher

LJ40

Cipher
"It's never too late to correct a mistake." - Some Berenstain Bears book.

The world has thankfully come to the 100% objective conclusion that RTWP sucks the scabby rim of a leprous asshole.
Am I glad I do not live in your little world.
Your shit taste does not constitute you somehow living in another world, you lame ass space cadet.

Humbaba

Arcane

The world has thankfully come to the 100% objective conclusion that RTWP sucks the scabby rim of a leprous asshole.
Am I glad I do not live in your little world.
Your shit taste does not constitute you somehow living in another world, you lame ass space cadet.
Not my taste, your dilapidated mental state.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does the game have RTWP yet?
Does D&D have RTWP?

In LARP

And since he is spamming lightning bolt instead of fireball, I can see him as a man of culture. Jokes aside, I don't get why people are complaining about BG3 not being RtWP. Most AD&D games from the LEGENDARY Strategic Simulations Inc are TURN BASED. Ravenloft : Strahd possession is the unique exception, being RT and first person. RtWP was made by bioware, not because they think that it will be better, but because they believe that more chaotic and action based combat sells more. There are lots of critiques against BG3. The TB system is not one of then.

In fact, I'm glad that Larian re popularized turn based systems.

However, Kingmaker, where TB is a after tough allows me to have 10x animation speed so very large encounters can be played in TB. I've used turn based a lot when I've played it on unfair difficulty as a thassilonian necromancer. Larian IMO should include a option to speed up animations. And option for concurrent turns like ToEE had.

C9Ydf9q.png

BG3 is a game for patricians, not ADHD zoomers.

Except that most Larian cultists can't play AD&D CRPG adaptations. I have a long list of compilations of their RETARDED reviews > https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/larian-cultists-reviewing-bg1-2-now-with-iwd-ee-reviews.141531/

I doubt that you can finish both Dark Sun games. BTW, both are Turn Based and with 4 party size.

Even if was a mistake. Making it RtWP would require so much resources and certain mechanics like bonus action, reaction, etc would't even work.

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
It’s interesting that for 10 years+ people have been trying and failing to sell BG2 spiritual successors. Sounds like from what you guys are talking about that this one won’t succeed either

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
It’s interesting that for 10 years+ people have been trying and failing to sell BG2 spiritual successors. Sounds like from what you guys are talking about that this wind won’t succeed either
dragon age origins was RPG codex game of the year 2009 and sold pretty well.
Isn't regional pricing thing suppose to squeeze more money out of people rather than less? You aren't too smart for a head of big game studio.
i mean it does both of those things

Humbaba

Arcane
It’s interesting that for 10 years+ people have been trying and failing to sell BG2 spiritual successors. Sounds like from what you guys are talking about that this wind won’t succeed either
Isn't regional pricing thing suppose to squeeze more money out of people rather than less? You aren't too smart for a head of big game studio.
I thought Dragon Age was the spiritual successor to NWN?

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron

I mean more in terms of actually capturing the feel of the gameplay, not sales. Probably kingmaker came closest

I think the pieces of BG2 that have been lost in most of the spiritual successors are the itemization, RTS influence, and expansiveness of side quests that feel like self contained D&D modules (e.g. the unseeing eye quest)

Humbaba

Arcane
I mean more in terms of actually capturing the feel of the gameplay, not sales. Probably kingmaker came closest

I think the pieces of BG2 that have been lost in most of the spiritual successors are the itemization, RTS influence, and expansiveness of side quests that feel like self contained D&D modules (e.g. the unseeing eye quest)
May I interest you in Wrathfinder in this trying time?

FriendlyMerchant

It’s interesting that for 10 years+ people have been trying and failing to sell BG2 spiritual successors. Sounds like from what you guys are talking about that this one won’t succeed either
This game is more like the spiritual successor to Mass Effect 3. It has much more in common with that than it does BG2.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron

May I interest you in Wrathfinder in this trying time?

is it good?

FriendlyMerchant

They also list a "birthing kit" on this same list of "sexual objects"

:hmmm:
... the actual fuck?

Don't worry. I crossed out all the degenerate and unacceptable fetishes and left only the wholesome and acceptable fetishes.

ahNRToS.png

EDIT: There is a caveat for size difference and Gerontophilia. Size difference is only acceptable if it is an average sized human male having snu sun with a much larger barbarian female. Gerontophilia is only acceptable with a man and a mommy wife.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
It would be cool that in BG3 and future Pillars3 when you have intercourse with someone, that someone will deliver you a baby in 9 months who you can raise and upgrade.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
They also list a "birthing kit" on this same list of "sexual objects"

:hmmm:
... the actual fuck?

Don't worry. I crossed out all the degenerate and unacceptable fetishes and left only the wholesome and acceptable fetishes.

ahNRToS.png

EDIT: There is a caveat for size difference and Gerontophilia. Size difference is only acceptable if it is an average sized human male having snu sun with a much larger barbarian female. Gerontophilia is only acceptable with a man and a mommy wife.

What the fuck is floor tiles? lol

Also, what book is this from?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom