Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So how much content the game has right now? Is the main story finished at least? I'm thinking in giving it a try but it's quite expensive for an early access title. Looks promising though.

So how much content the game has right now? Is the main story finished at least? I'm thinking in giving it a try but it's quite expensive for an early access title. Looks promising though.
It's just Act 1 and it will remain just Act 1 indefinitely until the actual, final release.

To be clear, it's not even like they are being slow with releasing new content past Act 1; they explicitly stated that they are simply NOT releasing new content past Act 1 until the game is out.

But to answer the first question, Act 1 amounts more or less to... I guess 25-40 hours of playable content if you do everything, according to your pace?

Thonius

Arcane
Also, why is Larian retarded? "Fake Fullscreen?" It's called borderless windowed mode you retarded goyim.
wmCAMHk.jpg

Where's my custom party menu?

AGYA3yf.jpg

What a low quality game.

EDIT: Five minutes into each save game after spending an hour to decide what I wanted to play I remembered why I didn't like this game. Terrible trash controls. Nonsensical default keybindings. UI is still shit. 5e. Too much story shit wasting my time.
Don't know, man new interface is serious improvement over previous version. Also throwing enemies is kind of fun while playing barb. Keybinds, yeah, cancerino.

Stokowski

Arcane
This isn't really an argument, but an actual "barbarian" in a medieval fantasy subsistence environment would be more likely to look like a wiry lunatic (think Sting in Dune 1984) than a protein shake-chugging gym bro. It's kind of interesting that they went in this pseudo-realistic direction.
I'd think they'd look more like Brian Blessed in his prime.
Brian Blessed was never not in his prime.

FriendlyMerchant

Also, why is Larian retarded? "Fake Fullscreen?" It's called borderless windowed mode you retarded goyim.
wmCAMHk.jpg

AGYA3yf.jpg

What a low quality game.

EDIT: Five minutes into each save game after spending an hour to decide what I wanted to play I remembered why I didn't like this game. Terrible trash controls. Nonsensical default keybindings. UI is still shit. 5e. Too much story shit wasting my time.
Don't know, man new interface is serious improvement over previous version. Also throwing enemies is kind of fun while playing barb. Keybinds, yeah, cancerino.

Long story short, I deleted this trash from my steam. 10 Turkish Lira down the drain. I'm glad I didn't pay in shekels for this. Steam is antisemitic because Israeli prices are higher than everywhere else and I have to convert currency to get the best deals.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
wmCAMHk.jpg

AGYA3yf.jpg

What a low quality game.

Long story short, I deleted this trash from my steam. 10 Turkish Lira down the drain. I'm glad I didn't pay in shekels for this. Steam is antisemitic because Israeli prices are higher than everywhere else and I have to convert currency to get the best deals.

Every sane person could have warned you away from the game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if people, who complain about barbarian being "skinny weakling" ever considered that for gaining muscle there needs to be a steady source of protein and systematic exercise (among other factors ofc, but still).
I don't care about the realism of it, I just want to live out the fantasy of being Conan the Barbarian
your wish is granted
Weird_Tales_1934-05_-_Queen_of_the_Black_Coast.jpg

Weird_Tales_1934-08_-_The_Devil_in_Iron.jpg

finger on the monkey's paw retracts
My god - it costed 25c.

Codex Year of the Donut

Cael

Arcane
It is 25-40 hours
I put in over 100 hours in 2 playthroughs that were very different
It's "25-40 hours" if you just rush through everything like a tard and skip most of the content.
100 hours of being stuck at level cap is a "fuck, hell no!" from me.
typical 3e player does nothing but think about how to become a superhero, nothing to see here
Few people like to play visual novels. You, apparently, are one of them.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This isn't really an argument, but an actual "barbarian" in a medieval fantasy subsistence environment would be more likely to look like a wiry lunatic (think Sting in Dune 1984) than a protein shake-chugging gym bro. It's kind of interesting that they went in this pseudo-realistic direction.
Does this game have good facial sliders?

my first playthrough is gonna be a Sting from Lynch's Dune run now that infinitron has given me the idea.

It doesn't have face generation, just a selection of presets.
This is one thing I wish they'd add. And there's really no reason not to add it, since the PC has no dialog.

Probably a hassle to incorporate into the engine, but if you're going to be an RPG dev and make AAA cinematic games, it's worth the investment so you can generate unique NPCs without having to have them all 3D modeled.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
typical 3e player does nothing but think about how to become a superhero, nothing to see here

Nope. Low level D&D offers a possibility of certain adventures that can't be played at medium and high levels. For eg, a murder mystery when the mage can cast one charm person per day can work. A murder mystery where the caster can cast dominate, polymorth, invisbility and etc multiple times per day and the cleric has access to revive magic and zone of truth just can't work.

This game is extremely epic yet extremely low level. You can read the freaking Necronomicon, a legendary artifact which every single high level ancient vampire caster and lich should be desperate to get and yet a bunch of lv 4 nobodies can get it.

El Presidente

Arcane
So uh what's up with this game, why do they sell the updates as if it's an MMO? "NEW CLASS, DRUID! NEW CLASS, BARBARIAN!" , sounds like an online game when you put it like that.

Is the campaign even finished? If not, when will 1.0 get released? I just went to check and this game's in my wishlist for 3 years already.

Harthwain

Magister
So uh what's up with this game, why do they sell the updates as if it's an MMO? "NEW CLASS, DRUID! NEW CLASS, BARBARIAN!" , sounds like an online game when you put it like that.
They inform people when new content gets released. This is true for all games, but doubly so for Early Access titles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom