Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
>I can talk about Reactions again
I think the Reactions in Colony Ship are pretty cool. They're basically like Attacks of Opportunity.
Not really,they are more of being butthurt that some drunk tried to stab you with his broken bottle,so you jab him back. Did they needed action points left?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well i played this shit for a few hours and was surprised that party positioning does really matter. For example i just positioned me people behind the goblin ambush in the ruined village/house,and then just kicked them from the roof.

An improvement will be if they remove all that environmental barrels and floor spills. They are really retarded.

Hell yeah, brother. Chalice is fantastic.

IMO : Pathfinder : Wrath of the Righteous > Knights of the Chalice 2 > Solasta : Crown of Magiste > Divinity : Faerun edition.

Not that the last is bad, just "average". If BG3 was launched in the same year of Sword Coast Legends, everyone would be praising it as the savior of the genre. But BG3 looks bad in relation to much better RPG's. I talked about spells, but martial classes on KoTC2 are extremely powerful too. For example, monks at max level can deal 5 attacks per round with flurry of blows, each one doing 3d8 damage. If he has +6 STR which a monk sould have at this level even without magical enchantment, he would dish 15 (d8 + 6) damage in a single round or 157.5 average damage( 15 * [4.5 + 6] ). The maximum unarmed damage on 5E is d10. And enemies has way more hp on 5E than on KoTC2. Obviously is not likely that all attacks would hit, but you got the damage potential.
I don't think you add+6 str to each D8 roll in the 3d8 damage which is what you did.

---> You went 3d8 with +6 strength bonus... 1d8+6 1d8+6 1d8+6 =31.5 average damage per attack then multiplied by 5 attacks per round to get 157.5 per round...

---> But I think it is 3d8 and +6 to the entire sum of 3d8, not added to each individual d8 so it would be 3d8+6=19.5 average damage per attack instead of 31.5, then 19.5 multiplied by 5 attacks per round 19.5*5=97.5 instead of 157.5

unless Pathfinder or Monks work differently than AD&D or something, if so then I don't know what i am talking about.
Feel free to amend the autistic robot to this reply.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes. Knights of the Chalice is party based game. Each class should serve the needs of the party. You have six slots to create whatever party you want. If you create a useless one with no martial character to compliment the needs of your spell casters early game - then that's your fault.

Well said. Things like "monk only party", "wizard only party", etc should be a CHALLENGE run and you should have a really hard time in some parts.

I can talk about Reactions again, if you'd like, it's my favourite subject.

What about create barrel spell which is cast as a reaction?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
From what i have seen,people do the barrel trick because combat is very slow and boring. Having an hour long battle only to die near the end and have to redo it is pretty bad design.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
From what i have seen,people do the barrel trick because combat is very slow and boring. Having an hour long battle only to die near the end and have to redo it is pretty bad design.

This is one reason which I prefer higher lethality on RPG's. And honestly, BG3 needs a option to increase the animation speed. Pathfinder Kingmaker and Pathfinder Wrath of the righteous allows you to speed up the animation up to 10x. And if you are playing as a necromancer specialized wizard following the lich mythic path, you will gonna use it by obvious reasons. Dark Sun : Shattered Lands & Dark Sun : Wake of the Ravager has a option to REMOVE the animations.

zVRCva2.png

Surrounded by the enemy from all sides, and with no signs of support from the HQ, the brave soldier kept fighting no matter what.

:salute:

Not that I don't regret doing it, but sometime I can't help myself.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
the idea that monks are the masters at unarmed combat is something that only exists in video game adaptations because they never implement grappling/wrestling

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
because they never implement grappling/wrestling

Never??

KoTC 2 has Grapple, knockdown, pin, disarm(...) And they even homebrewed some melee manuvers like coup d' la grace which OHKills a helpless target. Spell fixes for NWN2 implements grapple routine, but only for spells. IDK if a modder had the work to implement it for martials. I wish that pierre implements more manuvers. IMO every offensive class should have a OHK ability at lv 13. Casters with finger of death, barbarians, with decapitation, monks with a first of death and so on. That would make high level more interesting.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fighter can bare hand with adequate STR bonuses. Take the unarmed feat too. But you'll be wasting a feat to get good at unarmed. Yet. Why do that when you already have a class that is specialized into that specific niche.

Because forcing a player to get a specific class in his party Is. Bad. Design.
I agree. Forcing filthy spell casters unto my monk. Is bad design. I mean. Why can't my monk just do everything :argh:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
homebrewed some melee manuvers like coup d' la grace
That's not a homebrew. Pretty sure that rule of there somewhere.

If you could homebrew stuff for your favorite class, Barbarian what would you homebrew? Would be cool if a barbarian could decapitate a enemy, pick his head and crush with a single hand or something like that. in fact, I would say that is cooler than finger of death.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

If you could homebrew stuff for your favorite class, Barbarian what would you homebrew? Would be cool if a barbarian could decapitate a enemy, pick his head and crush with a single hand or something like that. in fact, I would say that is cooler than finger of death.
good slaves

RPK

Scholar

I've lost track of whether this is referring to 3.5 or 5e, but it is part of the raw in 3.5 (dunno about 5e). you can take a full round action in 3.5 to deliver a coup de grace. It's automatically a crit hit and target has to make a fort save or die.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ery good mocap animations which I enjoy observing.

You enjoy, but as I've said, it is a OPTION. Not something mandatory.

---------------

But since you can attack party members and BG3 has multiplayer I wanna ask. Will it have PvP?

I participated some mage only lv 20 pvp on NWN1. Here is a video of a tournament.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom