Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #19: Mechs and the City

jungl

Augur
Jet black skin actually makes them look like monsters and unique. Purple skin makes them look like fags cosplaying...

La vie sexuelle

Learned
No, and she has cute postcoital tenderness:
Probably the first thing I'm doing when I'm finally playing this, is turning the narrator voice volume down to 0. I'd rather have a simple fade to black than listening to the narrator explaining what's happening

It's not like Divinity, if you afraid of that. There is a whole motion-captured scene :D

Longes

Augur
I finally realized who the mayor of Baldur's Gate reminds me of. He looks like Noel Fielding

me8Ql2X.png
smLHS0c.png

zapotec

Liturgist
So i read some modern Baldur's gate splatbook from Wizard of the Coast and found out that Cernd and Kivan are married and Xan is a trans

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I concur on the color pallet criticism. The game got much uglier since the initial EA, and that's much of the reason why.

They had all this time, but instead of improving animations or textures it's like they cranked the color vibrancy until it looked like a bad Instagram filter and hoped that would make up for everything else looking slapped together.

Even the characters, which I initially liked, have been dumbed down into being more likeable because a bunch of you fragile faggots couldn't handle Shadowheart not worshipping the ground you walk on in the first 5 minutes after meeting her.

My hopes have steadily been dashed since the tranny pronoun announcement. Between that and noticing how garbage the colors are, they keep spoiling the story and it seems disappointingly cheesy.

The Absolute being the biggest spoiler/cringe. Nothing like a butthurt elven mage with super powers to remind you how much better BG2 was.

I could be wrong. It could all seem much better in-game. But apart from the vastly improved dialog checks, I just don't see this competing with the originals in terms of style or substance.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So i read some modern Baldur's gate splatbook from Wizard of the Coast and found out that Cernd and Kivan are married and Xan is a trans
Apparently, that's non-canon. It's based off of some trubo-gay D&D session the author participated in. The author was a BG dev though. Sad.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom