Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 2 Available at Good Old Games

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Roguey said:
Fuck BG2 and all its fucking newfound fanboys. Fuck it to death.
:salute:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Zed said:
fuck edgy fans of shitty games
I'm quoting Volourn, only without the exclamation points. I liked BG2, I just raise my raise my eyebrow on occasion when I feel that someone likes it a little too much. Like they'd have sex with it if it had orifices capable of such. Or doing the next best thing and installing the epic Romantic Encounters mod. Or the Imoen romance mod which is all kinds of wrong judging from the screens I saw; so many dialogue options, each one a gigantic wall of text. No one human or even Bhaalspawn communicates in fucking monologues.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Roguey said:
Zed said:
fuck edgy fans of shitty games
I'm quoting Volourn, only without the exclamation points. I liked BG2, I just raise my raise my eyebrow on occasion when I feel that someone likes it a little too much. Like they'd have sex with it if it had orifices capable of such. Or doing the next best thing and installing the epic Romantic Encounters mod. Or the Imoen romance mod which is all kinds of wrong judging from the screens I saw; so many dialogue options, each one a gigantic wall of text. No one human or even Bhaalspawn communicates in fucking monologues.
people who play with mods are giant faggots

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Melcar said:
Best game ever, Bros.

ultirage.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Anyone who will argue that BG2 is a better RPG than DA is full of shit. Someone who will argue that BG2 is the better game than DA might actually be right.

This isn't complicated, people, grow some brains.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
Anyone who will argue that BG2 is a better RPG than DA is full of shit. Someone who will argue that BG2 is the better game than DA might actually be right.

This isn't complicated, people, grow some brains.

:retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Let me put it another way:

Super Mario Bros is a better game than Alpha Protocol but it is not the better RPG.

Or more to our hearts... Arcanum is a better RPG than BG2 but it is not the better game.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Volourn said:
Super Mario Bros is a better game than Alpha Protocol but it is not the better game.
I can't make sense of this sentence at all.

Silellak

Cipher
Reconite said:
Volourn said:
Super Mario Bros is a better game than Alpha Protocol but it is not the better game.
I can't make sense of this sentence at all.
It makes perfect sense. See, when you consider...wait...what...uh...hm...hold on...just gotta think like Volly...hrmm...huh...almost there...
Exploding-head.gif

Gwendo

Augur
I've used the widescreen fix, but the font is too small. Is there a fix for that, as Planescape Torment has?

Relayer71

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Let me put it another way:

Arcanum is a better RPG than BG2 but it is not the better game.

Ok, that does make sense... to a certain degree.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Gwendo said:
I've used the widescreen fix, but the font is too small. Is there a fix for that, as Planescape Torment has?

Use a larger resolution. I play these kinds of games in 1280x800. 1920x1200 makes everything waaaay too small.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Ok, that does make sense... to a certain degree."

Of course it's correct. Everything I post is correct.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Melcar is better than everyone.

Yeah, you are correct. It is bullshit. My bad.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
Melcar is better than everyone.

Yeah, you are correct. It is bullshit. My bad.

You're...you're not really saying that are you!?

ARE WE LOSING OUR PRETTY!!?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
BG2 was never abandonware, it's been re-published countless times in collected editions and such.

Antihero

Liturgist
DalekFlay said:
BG2 was never abandonware, it's been re-published countless times in collected editions and such.

I'm sorry, good sir, but every game sold on GOG was abandonware unjustly ripped from the bosom of the common folk.

You would know this if you weren't a 2010 newf... oh wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom