Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate 1/2 gameplay is total shit.

analt

Scholar
Awor Szurkrarz said:
That's why I have stopped buying gaming magazines some time after BG2. Basically, these people are just enthusiasts that aren't able to give precise information. Especially with stuff like a few journalists criticizing BG1 for not having int-based dialogues and allowing stuff like creating 18/00 18 18 3 3 16 monster characters in gaming advices section two months after they gave the game 9/10.
I have an impression that most of these people simply buy the hype and aren't able to properly criticize a game during first few weeks of playing. I guess that's why they become gaming journalists instead of getting a productive job.

I used to review games once upon a time, and I don't envy the game 'journalists.' It would be a hard job even if you're not a talentless, corrupt hack. For most people, unless a game is horrendously disappointing, your best insights aren't going to come until much later. Who wouldn't rather be Ebert? He doesn't even read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom