Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Azarkon

Arcane
Once upon a time I've made a big mistake and bought BG:EE on Steam. Does anyone know if I can buy SoD on GOG and use it with Steam version of BG:EE ?

Why was it a mistake?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man, I hope WotC starts releasing new P&P books along these lines. Trannies of Athas. Lurid Lesbian Lycanthropes: A Ravenloft Adventure. Cishet Oppression on the Sword Coast. I smell money machine!

Doktor Best

Arcane
They better release that shit on GOG, i sure didnt buy their games on the better platform only to be left out.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Still can't properly install SCS on BG1 with the hotfix! :negative:

Keep getting errors on some components and the AI one won't install at all.

EDIT: Figure I'll make do with the changes I got and just use the improved AI from the insane difficulty. Can't imagine the AI in the mod isn't comparable to the one made by Beamdog.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Didn't buy SoD yet, but tried BG I in Legacy of Bhaal Mode.

Died in the first fight with a diseased gibberling after hitting it/him/her/xir with a two-handed sword 3 times for 17-19 damage each...

agris

Arcane
Patron
Ooh, you pick difficulty as the last thing you do before starting.

For veteran players who want an extra challenge while still keeping things fair, I would recommend starting Siege of Dragonspear on Insane difficulty and then turning off the "difficulty-based damage increase" from Options -> Gameplay. That way, you get the hardest combat encounters and the best possible AI, but enemies still play by the rules and don't cheat.

However, if you want the toughest possible experience, go for the Legacy of Bhaal difficulty setting. That works similarly to the Heart of Fury mode from Icewind Dale in the sense that it boosts enemy stats in addition to all the benefits that they already receive from Insane difficulty.
So for the enemy composition of encounters that are difficulty-adjusted, insane will provide the hardest compositions? What exactly does LoB mode do? Does it change the loot tables similar to HoF mode?

What you've said is exactly what I want: the hardest enemy compositions and AI, without fudged stats. LoB has no effect on encounter composition or AI? What about drops?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I haven't bought the new expansion but BGEE seems to have some decent improvements. The graphcis look crisper somehow and it is easier to make out characters and npcs, etc. There is a nice HP bar on top of people's heads now in combat. There is a button to have highlight items always on (but no hotkey I can find for it and you have to put it back on after going into inventory, etc). You can scroll way, way out now. It seemed capped until I tabbed out and then when I went back in it looked to be at a much higher resolution. Pathfinding was a huge issue for me in playing the other games and it seems to be much improved.

Character development is still as boring as ever and combat still sucks and only retards would ever think it is challenging since it is still literally click and watch and wait for it to be over. The funny thing is I now noticed there is a storytelling mode. What? Who is this for? How fucking retarded do you have to be to find the IE games challenging? You would literally have to be one of the most retarded people alive to ever even come close to needing this. It is like needing a storytelling mode for watching TV. How the fuck do these people even install the game?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Why don't people care if a game comes out and has almost no support for mouse and keyboard, or has no keymapping, or other very important GUI functionality? Not a peep when there is a list for an inventory and only three equipment slots or no stats. But have conniption fits over nonsense like tooltip background?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Well, game won't even run anymore. Installing this patch before finishing my playthrough was a graves mistake.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
What exactly does LoB mode do?

Enemies do double damage, have better THAC0, more attacks per round, better saving throws and are HP sponges (one diseased gibberling has ~60HP, I think). I'm assuming that enemy composition is the same as insane, but I don't know if this feature has been backported into the base games or only works in SoD.

EDIT: Finally killed my first gibberling, got raped by the Ogre south of Friendly Arm Inn... :negative:

moraes

Arcane
Patron
g1mobG7.png

Pretty stupid that scrolling does not fit the edge of the map but instead continues for half a screen more. I don't remember it working that way with old versions of the EE and it's triggering me.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
E528BBB86F5A806B74C3FDA97BBCF632AB250A8D

Oh man, look at that location names fonts. It's so fuckin jarring and out of place.
And now compare it with the old style,
thumb.jpg

Imagine if the dude that is in charge of these aesthetic design decisions will also "revamp" Fallout.
Boyarsky will turn in his Blizzard grave!

I laugh at how now it says "destination unreachable." Locations being grayed out is not enough it seems. It must be moron proof!

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Welp, the language options are incomplete. If you choose Chinese, it will only change the interface and menus (partially), and some character names here and there (ie: Imoen is 爱蒙). All the dialogue/narrative is in English still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom