Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

What it takes to defeat a dragon?
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear offers a wide variety of intelligent enemies, and provides the player with inventive options to overcome them.
Markzaku has discovered that you can one-shot Morentherene, a green dragon under the Forest of Wyrms, if you hit her with a throwing dagger while she is still sleeping. Be cautious, though, dragons are light sleepers!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/08/more-player-enhanced-editions-finds.html

Huh.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
While just published, that was reported months ago on the forums; maybe over a year ago?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You throw a dagger at a dragon and it strikes its heart? How is that possible? Unless you throw it with such force it goes through the dragon.

RuySan

Augur
It's all a matter of hardness. Maybe the dagger was made of diamond or some engineered polymer, and thrown by Schwarzenegger.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think it would still be too small to reach the heart of a DRAGON, it still has muscles and scales before the heart even if it doesn't strike the ribcage, unless it goes through the dragon (alla a firearm bullet), like I said.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, sleeping on its chest, not exposing its heart for the PC to carefully aim there. Like dragons are usually depicted as doing.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
You throw a dagger at a dragon and it strikes its heart? How is that possible? Unless you throw it with such force it goes through the dragon.

Stop assuming the heart is in the middle of the dragon. It could be very close to the skin. You know nothing about dragon biology.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Stop assuming the heart is in the middle of the dragon. It could be very close to the skin. You know nothing about dragon biology.

I actually do.

Some relevant excerpts -

Dragon scales are slightly more flexible than steel and substantially stronger, making them perfect armor.

Wing and chest muscles are dense and larger than any other muscle group in the wyrm’s anatomy.

Dragon bone is strong. In fact, it is stronger than any known nonmagical material other than adamantine, in terms of the amount of pressure it can withstand.

The front of its rib-cage is also a solid block of bone, you can't stab them between the front ribs to get to their heart like with humans.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter

I actually do.

Some relevant excerpts -

Dragon scales are slightly more flexible than steel and substantially stronger, making them perfect armor.

Wing and chest muscles are dense and larger than any other muscle group in the wyrm’s anatomy.

Dragon bone is strong. In fact, it is stronger than any known nonmagical material other than adamantine, in terms of the amount of pressure it can withstand.

The front of its rib-cage is also a solid block of bone, you can't stab them between the front ribs to get to their heart like with humans.

What edition is this from?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Anyway, SoD proves once again that Beamdog is filled with original and creative ideas. I can't wait to see what BG3 or NWN3 has to offer, and I know you're all with me on that.

Lilura, I thought you were a fan of beamdog. Am I wrong? No offense on such statement, just a genuine question.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Zhe is a transgendered dragonkin. Mind your manners when addressing the superior victim

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom