Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avencast?

Topher

Cipher
So did anybody every play this game? I just started it and it seems decent enough but I'm wondering if it's just doing strictly linear quests or do you kind of end up working through a dungeon Diablo style? I've got a good grip on the magic system and stuff so I'm just really curious as to what the gameplay actually consists of.

Black Cat

Magister
It's basicaly an action role playing game with puzzles and traps instead of just killing monsters upon monsters. It's main problem is that it constantly goes from generic fantasy stuff to whimsical fairy tale stuff, and then back again. The later parts are charming and interesting to a point, the former ones are just boring.

It isn't bad if you are into magical school settings, but it isn't anything special either. Some of the puzzles and minigames are more interesting than the diablo like gameplay itself, though the game goes too quickly into serious business while it's main strenght it's in the whimsy and the unserious stuff, so it never really gets anywhere.

Topher

Cipher
Well, I just got to the crypt and I'm bored. Does it ever pick up pace?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Couldn't get into it. The interface and game play just felt way too clunky and unpolished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom