Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Avadon: The Black Fortress Revealed

Tails

Arbiter
Fowyr said:
Vogel's games decline so much in so many areas after Exiles.
How so?

Aikanaro

Liturgist
Eeeeh - it looks a bit uninspiring. Geneforge has a very unique setting, but this seems like bog-standard fantasy.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
mondblut said:
Fowyr said:
By the way, last version Disciples of Steel was 1.013?
Appears so, yes.
Found my old disc with 1.001, patched, cracked and currently playing it. Oh YEEES! Fuck Eschalon 2.

Severian Silk

Regarding the ugliness of the Avernum/Geneforge graphics: I think the original portraits somehow got "squashed" between the time they left the artist's hands and the time Jeff got them. Compare the images below:

avernum_portrait_original.png
avernum_portrait_stretched.png

At left is an example of one of the original portraits as they appear in AV5; at right is a version I stretched vertically a tad in a graphics program. At least to me the stretched version looks marginally better.

If this is in fact the case, I don't see how nobody noticed/commented upon it before now. :shrug:

mondblut

Arcane
The one to the right is too sexually objectified :smug:

Perhaps the artist worked on an old dos machine with 640x400 VESA video at 8:5 aspect ratio? ;) Could be still, back in 97.

Severian Silk

If you're right, then it should be a cinch to determine the correct re-scaling amount. Will try and figure out the math later.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I felt that the female characters in Avernum are too sexualized and that these games don't have enough sex and rape to justify it.
It's just trying to manipulate the audience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom