Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Ausir's Fallout: New Vegas Preview Part I

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
shitstorm.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
cogar48 said:
Also, the tranny supermutant only dresses like a tranny if you take the Wild Wasteland perk.
Just want to clear this up, I couldn't actually remember or find where I read this specific bit, so I could be entirely wrong. I apologize for being potentially misleading but I do try to remember to use modifiers like "allegedly" whenever I'm not sure of something.

Radisshu

Prophet
GarfunkeL said:
More complaining about pointless shit.

You started it, by presenting a list of random stuff from F1 and 2, claiming that their presence justifies stupid shit in NV. You haven't proven your case at all.

1) "Fallout 1 had retarded SM"

Name a single retarded super-mutant in F1. You can't, there isn't one. Unless you mean the whole concept of FEV-muties is retarded.

... I bet someone already adressed this, at least I really hopse so, but

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Harry

Also, I must agree with this sentiment:

Skyway said:

Silellak

Cipher
Drakron said:
I can even make a small list at the top of my head... Star Trek, Matrix, Monica Lewinsky, Terminator and Scientology.
Fallout 2 was released in 1998. The Matrix came out in 1999.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also, the tranny supermutant only dresses like a tranny if you take the Wild Wasteland perk.

Does the orbital laser go away too if you don't take that perk? Because it's pretty much on the same level of retardation as the tranny.

Radisshu

Prophet
FeelTheRads said:

Does the orbital laser go away too if you don't take that perk? Because it's pretty much on the same level of retardation as the tranny.

Wasn't the orbital laser a Van Buren thing? I thought there was a similar weapon in New Vegas, that wasn't an orbital laser.

cogar48

Educated
FeelTheRads said:

Read "Most of the stupid shit..." and "Retarded elements + retarded weapons =/= bad game"

kthnx. :thumbsup:

Drakron

Arcane
Silellak said:

The one I was thinking was in Tactics.

Also even if you just correct me you are dismissing my point, Fallout 2 was brimmed with references, it could not be taken that much serious when at the exact same place were genocide was being planned there was a Clinton joke.

Drakron

Arcane
Radisshu said:
Wasn't the orbital laser a Van Buren thing? I thought there was a similar weapon in New Vegas, that wasn't an orbital laser.

No, Van Buren was B.O.M.B. that were orbital platforms armed with nuclear weapons ( B.O.M.B. - 2 was destroyed well before the game taking place, only B.O.M.B. - 1 was still operational).

Archimedes II was not in Van Buren, also its not that much of a orbital laser as its inside Helios One that is a Poseidon Energy solar plant, I think the Laser beam might bounce from orbital mirrors from what I seen in videos but the game is not out.

Also its not a perk, you can gain the Portable laser beacon that is a ITEM and you can only use it ONCE every 24 HOURS.

But hey, haters got to hate right?

cogar48

Educated
Drakron said:
Radisshu said:

No, Van Buren was B.O.M.B. that were orbital platforms armed with nuclear weapons ( B.O.M.B. - 2 was destroyed well before the game taking place, only B.O.M.B. - 1 was still operational).

Archimedes II was not in Van Buren, also its not that much of a orbital laser as its inside Helios One that is a Poseidon Energy solar plant, I think the Laser beam might bounce from orbital mirrors from what I seen in videos but the game is not out.

Also its not a perk, you can gain the Portable laser beacon that is a ITEM and you can only use it ONCE every 24 HOURS.

But hey, haters got to hate right?

So basically more complaining about stuff you're not forced to do?

Silellak

Cipher
Drakron said:
Silellak said:

The one I was thinking was in Tactics.

Also even if you just correct me you are dismissing my point, Fallout 2 was brimmed with references, it could not be taken that much serious when at the exact same place were genocide was being planned there was a Clinton joke.
I wasn't (intentionally) dismissing your point. I think you're totally right. I was just being anal.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

It makes it so much better that you can only use it ONCE every 24 HOURS!

It's probably gonna be just like the fatman in Fallout 3, for which you were supposed to only find 2 or 3 bombs during the entire game.

But hey, that didn't suck either, because who forced you to use the fatman, right?

cogar48

Educated
FeelTheRads said:

It makes it so much better that you can only use it ONCE every 24 HOURS!

It's probably gonna be just like the fatman in Fallout 3, for which you were supposed to only find 2 or 3 bombs during the entire game.

But hey, that didn't suck either, because who forced you to use the fatman, right?

Please read:

More complaining about pointless shit.

Maybe the fact there's no level scaling make you happeh?

“The world should feel a little bit more like a dangerous place. You can’t just go wherever you want,” says Sawyer. “I was a really fan of Fallout 1 and 2 and I do believe that exploration is a big part of the series, including 3. What I want is for people to feel like they have to be a little careful… it makes the player feel like they’re actively engaging the world, and if they take on difficult things they feel rewarded for it.”Even without Hardcore mode turned on – a super-realistic mode that requires your character to stay hydrated and pay particular attention to radiation poisoning – the game doesn’t automatically scale to your character in the way that Fallout 3 did, at least not off the quest paths. “Once you get off the beaten path you can get into a lot of trouble. If you ignore everyone saying that a place is dangerous, and ignore the signs saying keep out, very dangerous, then you’re going to die,” Sawyer asserts

:thumbsup:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Please read:

Please read:

STOP CLOMPANING ABOUT POINTLESS SHIT IN FALLOUT 3 THOSE ARE NOT IMPROTANT!!!!

And by some simple calculations nothing in the game was important because you couldn't complain about anything. :roll:

cogar48

Educated
FeelTheRads said:
Please read:

Please read:

STOP CLOMPANING ABOUT POINTLESS SHIT IN FALLOUT 3 THOSE ARE NOT IMPROTANT!!!!

And by some simple calculations nothing in the game was important because you couldn't complain about anything. :roll:

Fallout 3 was fundamentally stupid, having a retarded weapon doesn't make the game bad. Seriously. Fallout NV could shit gold bricks and you'd complain about how heavy they were.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Drakron said:
I am sorry but FO2 was filled with ester eggs and pop culture references.

I can even make a small list at the top of my head... Star Trek, Matrix, Monica Lewinsky, Terminator and Scientology.

And Mike Tyson (just recalled it).

At times it did not seem to be possible to walk 2 feet without tripping into one, Fallout 1 might had far less (and I guess it did as I cannot recall any) but it was hard for me to take FO2 serious.

Which pisses me off as F1 only had the LUCK 9 / 10 encounters, which were the ufo, the TARDIS and the dead whale + potted plant. So let's not lump them together and say "hurr durr retarded pop-culture elements, game series is completely retarded, nothing matters, derp herp", please.

Radisshu said:
... I bet someone already adressed this, at least I really hopse so, but

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Harry

Harry is a legitimate village idiot.Granted, that's what retarded originally meant but:
GarfunkeL said:
Oh and by "retarded super mutants", I thought we were talking about lulzy-retard, like the tranny in NV. Nothing wrong with an actual village idiot like Harry.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
"hurr durr retarded pop-culture elements, game series is completely retarded, nothing matters, derp herp"

Don't you know, because Fallout 1 had such references that means everything works fine in the setting.

Fallout NV could shit gold bricks and you'd complain about how heavy they were.

Heard that before too. From Betharda fanboys. Now it's coming from Obsidian fanboys.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
so FeelTheRads has been tryin' pretty hard to be the new Skkkyway, eh? kind of a disappointing show though, brother. you need a gimmick. y'know? like "banal, boring, shit" or "r00fles" or something. come on, dawg. let 'er rip!

Carceri

Arcane
Reading threads about FNV is like re-reading the threads about F3 prior to it's release. Some said F3 has retarded shit, the Bethesda boys said Fallout-Fallout 2 have retarded shit also. Fallout 3 finally hit the shelves, it was shit. Fallout New Vegas will be soon released. Some say it has retarded shit, the others are saying Fallout-Fallout 2 also have retarded shit. New Vegas finally hits the shelves...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
TwinkieGorilla said:
so FeelTheRads has been tryin' pretty hard to be the new Skkkyway, eh? kind of a disappointing show though, brother. you need a gimmick. y'know? like "banal, boring, shit" or "r00fles" or something. come on, dawg. let 'er rip!

How about:

Twinkie
Boring
Gorilla

?

:smug:

cogar48

Educated
"hurr durr retarded pop-culture elements, game series is completely retarded, nothing matters, derp herp"

FeelTheRads said:
Don't you know, because Fallout 1 had such references that means everything works fine in the setting.

Haven't we gone over this? I never liked the stupid shit, but you're a fucking hypocrite. Kay?

cogar48 said:
Fallout NV could shit gold bricks and you'd complain about how heavy they were.

FeelTheRads said:
Heard that before too. From Betharda fanboys. Now it's coming from Obsidian fanboys.

:roll:

Drakron

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Which pisses me off as F1 only had the LUCK 9 / 10 encounters, which were the ufo, the TARDIS and the dead whale + potted plant. So let's not lump them together and say "hurr durr retarded pop-culture elements, game series is completely retarded, nothing matters, derp herp", please.

I singled out Fallout 2, as I said Fallout 1 had few to the point I cannot even remember them.

But the point stands, you cannot single out FO:NV having references as "hurr durr, perp herp" either when AT LEAST you can turn many of those off entirely, no such luck with FO2.

I understand being weary of FO:NV but I seen nothing that points out for it to be a horrible game, Fallout 3 was a good game that was held down by a very dumb plot and some questionable design choices, FO:NV so far seem to be far more interesting without dumb crap like the Purifier plot.

cogar48

Educated
Drakron said:
GarfunkeL said:

I singled out Fallout 2, as I said Fallout 1 had few to the point I cannot even remember them.

But the point stands, you cannot single out FO:NV having references as "hurr durr, perp herp" either when AT LEAST you can turn many of those off entirely, no such luck with FO2.

I understand being weary of FO:NV but I seen nothing that points out for it to be a horrible game, Fallout 3 was a good game that was held down by a very dumb plot and some questionable design choices, FO:NV so far seem to be far more interesting without dumb crap like the Purifier plot.

Fucking this. :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom