Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM Team's next game is Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy, a fantasy RPG inspired by Baldur's Gate 1

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
How can this game be compared to BG1 or IWD if you control a single character instead of an entire party ? Seems like a pretty huge difference.
You get full party controls in this one! Who told otherwise? I'll get them!

"You take up the mantle of a lonely adventurer" doesn't exactly suggest that you control an entire party.

If you do, then good ! How many members can the party have ?
Well your character is a lonely adventurer, in the sense that for this or that reason you choose at the start, they travelled to the continent alone. But then you can make a bunch of friends!
Currently we're playtesting with 5 as the highest party size, but this may change.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Atomboy

6jJlNvR.png

so the game's gonna be in English only?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The resemblance to BG1 is uncanny.
(Not that's a bad thing thing in my book.)
Already wishlisted, looking forward to the game.

Option 3 = 4 = 6, therefore they're redundant
Option 2 = 5 (but option 2 is retarded, because nobility doesn't speak like filth)
Option 1 is autistic.
No way to answer truthfully.
No way to bail.
A ton of useless descriptions.

Yup, that's a nu-RPG alright.

5fe6fdc174296eaf64dfc8792298f904.png
That is indeed disappointing. Removing from Wishlist.

jackofshadows

Magister
So, after two extremely derivative games they show another one. Stability is the sign of mastery I guess.

Also, their approach to the writing remain the same, which is obvious even by 1 dialogue screenshot in English.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I'll play it if it's anything like ATOM.
It shares a lot with the general approach (constant skill uses, multisolution quests, the stat system, etc) the most difference will be in the combat, since it's more or less a full overhaul.
So, after two extremely derivative games they show another one. Stability is the sign of mastery I guess.

Also, their approach to the writing remain the same, which is obvious even by 1 dialogue screenshot in English.
Oh no you don't, you're gonna like the dialogues much more in this one. You have 1, I read like 10 this morning, the writing has truly improved!
Atomboy
While I enjoyed ATOM RPG. it felt like a COMPLETE COPY of fallout 1 n 2. I mean take inspiration from BG sure, but put your own spin on it too (mechanics, presentation, dialogue/writing wise) as much as feasible.
There will be lots of spin! But I'd say Atom and especially TG had it too. Not obvious in the beginning, more like the opposite, but them games had their own soul I tell you what! More of that in SH.
Thanks dude! We are what we consoom, and we comsoomed lots of BG1 in the last few years, also IWD.
Atomboy

6jJlNvR.png

Yeah, this time around we felt confident enough to start writing in English instead of doing it the old way where we worked in several languages at once. That was the goal with our first games as well, but we weren't there yet writing quality-wise. We'll be translating to other languages in the order of wishlist statistics and hopefully there will be at least 5 localizations by the time we release.
Great, another Baldur's Gate clone. Just what the world needed :prosper:
Of course it did! What kind of a world wouldn't???
Not at all. It is an Atom Team RPG though. So many words, little of substance. Enough to convince me to leave my Atom playthrough abandoned.
Substance is our middle name! You should give Trudograd a try!

rojay

Scholar
I'll play it if it's anything like ATOM.
It shares a lot with the general approach (constant skill uses, multisolution quests, the stat system, etc) the most difference will be in the combat, since it's more or less a full overhaul.

Oh no you don't, you're gonna like the dialogues much more in this one. You have 1, I read like 10 this morning, the writing has truly improved!
Atomboy
While I enjoyed ATOM RPG. it felt like a COMPLETE COPY of fallout 1 n 2. I mean take inspiration from BG sure, but put your own spin on it too (mechanics, presentation, dialogue/writing wise) as much as feasible.
There will be lots of spin! But I'd say Atom and especially TG had it too. Not obvious in the beginning, more like the opposite, but them games had their own soul I tell you what! More of that in SH.
Thanks dude! We are what we consoom, and we comsoomed lots of BG1 in the last few years, also IWD.
Atomboy

6jJlNvR.png

Yeah, this time around we felt confident enough to start writing in English instead of doing it the old way where we worked in several languages at once. That was the goal with our first games as well, but we weren't there yet writing quality-wise. We'll be translating to other languages in the order of wishlist statistics and hopefully there will be at least 5 localizations by the time we release.
Great, another Baldur's Gate clone. Just what the world needed :prosper:
Of course it did! What kind of a world wouldn't???
Not at all. It is an Atom Team RPG though. So many words, little of substance. Enough to convince me to leave my Atom playthrough abandoned.
Substance is our middle name! You should give Trudograd a try!
Game looks really promising, and I say that as someone who's skeptical of classless systems. Definitely wish-listing and good luck with development.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Option 3 = 4 = 6, therefore they're redundant
Option 2 = 5 (but option 2 is retarded, because nobility doesn't speak like filth)
Option 1 is autistic.
No way to answer truthfully.
No way to bail.
A ton of useless descriptions.

5fe6fdc174296eaf64dfc8792298f904.png

Bester did you just got butthurt because a noble had the gall to class consciously insult a peasant?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
except this one time bester is strongly right

i don't think there's anything more effective at killing all my interest in an rpg nowadays than a dialogue window going "THIS FELLA HERE IS STANDING WITH HIS ARMS CROSSED AND GIVING YOU A STINK EYE AS HE SCRATCHES HIS RIGHT BUTTCHEEK. UPON YOUR SILENT SPECULATION AS TO THE REASONS FOR THE TREPIDATION CONTORTING HIS COUNTENANCE, HE SAYS: 'HELLO.' ".

Gandalf

Arbiter
What?! It's exactly like the DM/GM/referee etc. describing stuff in real life tabletop games. How is this bad?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
except this one time bester is strongly right

i don't think there's anything more effective at killing all my interest in an rpg nowadays than a dialogue window going "THIS FELLA HERE IS STANDING WITH HIS ARMS CROSSED AND GIVING YOU A STINK EYE AS HE SCRATCHES HIS RIGHT BUTTCHEEK. UPON YOUR SILENT SPECULATION AS TO THE REASONS FOR THE TREPIDATION CONTORTING HIS COUNTENANCE, HE SAYS: 'HELLO.' ".
1. Wouldst thou provide inane information, if it so pleases thee?
2. Get into a fight.
3. Say something smug before starting the fight.
4. Speech check [Honest].
5. Speech check [Liar].
6. Speech check [Smug].
7. Goodbye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom