Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

ds

Cipher
Patron
I think that's just a stand in for the player character.

ds

Cipher
Patron
I guess the text for that slide differs between the various endings. Anyway, the coat looks similar enough to the mysterious stranger right at the start of Trudograd:

2023-04-18-234548_3840x1600.png

2023-04-18-234949_3840x1600.png

xuerebx

Erudite
For some reason my laptop heats up insanely when playing ATOM Trudograd. I've played other much more graphically intense games and this doesn't happen. I checked on steam and someone said:

Originally posted by WhatIsSol:
The game does not have a default cap on frame rate set in the unity engine. Which if vsync is turned off or not working for you for some reason, it can easily generate 300+ FPS which is just an insane load on the GPU/CPU for no reason.

I would add command to "Set Launch Options" or to the end of whatever shortcut you are using.

-targetFPS60

This caps the framerate at 60 regardless of vsync. This should prevent this heat issues.
Any idea how to do this? Where do I add "-targetFPS60"?

Late Bloomer

Scholar

Right click on game in Steam
Select "Properties"
In the General tab under "launch options" where is says "advanced user may choose to enter modifications to their launch options" paste -targetFPS60

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
For some reason my laptop heats up insanely when playing ATOM Trudograd. I've played other much more graphically intense games and this doesn't happen. I checked on steam and someone said:

The game does not have a default cap on frame rate set in the unity engine. Which if vsync is turned off or not working for you for some reason, it can easily generate 300+ FPS which is just an insane load on the GPU/CPU for no reason.

I would add command to "Set Launch Options" or to the end of whatever shortcut you are using.

-targetFPS60

This caps the framerate at 60 regardless of vsync. This should prevent this heat issues.
To avoid these problems I usually cap the max frame rate to 30 fps from the general setup of my graphics card (nvidia). To have more than 30 fps in turn based games is anal.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

-targetFPS60

To avoid these problems I usually cap the max frame rate to 30 fps from the general setup of my graphics card (nvidia). To have more than 30 fps in turn based games is anal.
Careful you might burn your nvidia gt7600 with 30 fps and cause house fire. To be safe play at 360p and frame locked to 24fps for cinematic feel

xuerebx

Erudite
Unfortunately setting the target FPS at 60 didn't help because my FPS is generally still around 144 (equal to my monitor's hz) so it didn't seem to work. A dev has replied on the steam forums though and asked me for my specs. We'll see.

finally finish it today. Much better then Atom RPG.(didn't get to finish it although I played a lot). The closest thing I ever played since Fallout and Arcanum. Such a fantastic game! Can't wait for their next one!
Now I have to go back and play BG3, after I was spoiled with interesting quests, lore, great power armour, real C&C and no gays. Trudograd is so much better than anything InXile tried to accomplish with Wasteland 2 or 3.

Last edited:

std::namespace

the writing is so campy it becomes good and it made me care for the characters.
There are some people who can't appreciate this, I pity them.
The characters feel spontaneous, with their own lives and quirks and what not. Someone sat down and decided to think up colorful people to populate their world with rather than poorly copying what they've seen in other TV shows, books, or games.

ATOM RPG is the anti-Pillars of Eternity.
anti colony shit too
i just installed this and the very first fucking shack-hotel is better than all of colony shit combined

its like cleaning your palate after literally eating shit
incredibly refreshing

Deadyawn

Learned
Recently finished my second playthrough. Terrific game.

The step-up in quality from the first Atom can be felt in just about every area of the game. Combat feels better and more varied. Locations are a lot more detailed. The writing is still very good, regardless of whether I'm missing references or something is lost in translation. Particular attention to detail with perks carried over from the previous game still having effect (spouting action one-liners and [Streetwise] appearing quite often in dialogue)

With all that said, I don't know if I prefer it to the first Atom. While I think they pulled off setting just about the entire game in one city, it does mean a fair chunk of backtracking, and so it loses some exploration points. I think it could have benefited from having something like the Dead City, a more hostile area that shakes things up a bit.

Nevertheless, I loved this game just as I loved the first one, and for my taste, I think they are the best RPGs to come out in recent years.

Edit: Congrats on hitting 3k reviews btw.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Combat feels better and more varied.

How was the combat improved? I don't need Underail-level combat in every game, but this felt like the same stale combat lifted directly from a 20+ year old game. In fact, I think the expansion took a step back thanks to the special armor. It completely trivialized the combat.

With all that said, I don't know if I prefer it to the first Atom.

I definitely prefer the first. I also felt like Trudograd was a more polished game, but I think the reduced exploration was a big part of me not enjoying it as much.

std::namespace

is TURDOGRATOM the only rpg where LUCK is a good stat that has significant interactions?

Deadyawn

Learned

How was the combat improved? I don't need Underail-level combat in every game, but this felt like the same stale combat lifted directly from a 20+ year old game. In fact, I think the expansion took a step back thanks to the special armor. It completely trivialized the combat.

I mean that it looked fancier and had more weapon variety. As you say, past a certain point the game is a complete cakewalk, which is much the same for the first game excluding some particular fights.

Yoomazir

Educated
Just noticed the game got released on consoles, on Xbox at least.
While that is worth mentioning I think the best part of it is that the devs put, probably by mistake, their irl address and phone number in the details section of the xbox store lmao.

Technomancer

Liturgist
decided to think up colorful people to populate their world with rather than poorly copying what they've seen in other TV shows, books, or games.
Lol, didn't play T yet but original ATOM was filled with countless easter egg characters and references from movies, books, games. To be fair many were taken from soviet and russian culture so would fly past most westerners.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom