Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atari's release date list released

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
For those interested in the games which <A href="http://www.atari.com">Atari</a> is releasing in North America, including <A href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>, here's the PC list:

<blockquote><u>Temple of Elemental Evil - Oct. 03</u>
Deer Hunter 2004 - Oct. 21, 03
<u>Gothic II - Oct. 28, 03</u>
Civilization III: Conquests - Oct. 28, 03
Unreal Tournament 2004 - Fall 03
Terminator 3: War of the Machines - Nov. 03
Horizons: Empire of Istaria - Oct. 03
<u>Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark - Nov. 03</u>
Magic: The Gathering ? Battlegrounds - Nov. 03
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury - 2004
Sid Meier?s Pirates! - 2004
Axis & Allies - 2004
Dungeons & Dragons Online - 2005</blockquote>

Sucks to be <a href="http://www.gothic2.com">Gothic II</a>, being released so close to that expansion to <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com">Neverwinter Nights</a>.

Spotted this at <a href="Http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a>

Voss

Erudite
More, Bioware, more! Faster, Faster!

Gods, 3 titles in six months.

Next year, take a step back. Breathe deeply and recite:
Speed kills, quality lives forever.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I think BIo is big enough to handle the releases. One must not also forget the PC version of KOTOR they are working. Though; I'd be surprised to se HOTU be out at that date. I say we won't see it until early December at te earliest.

Even though I'm sure SP was just trippin' around; I think Gothic 2has no worries.

Only TOEE, and HOTU are on my to buy list from Atari.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Saint_Proverbius said:
blah blah blah
blah
blah blah
blah blah blah
Sid Meier's Pirates! - 2004
blah
blah blah
What?

YAY!

Voss

Erudite
Wow. Nostalgia.
I remember playing PIrates! on an Apple IIc when I was 13.
Good gods.
The joys of internal speaker sound. :lol:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
ToEE is on my list of things to buy, and Pirates! is certainly on it.

Are they still making those awful Deer Hunter games? I remember when I was an exchange student in Mississippi 97/98 and the son in the family I was staying with kept playing that terrible game, that and some damn bass fishing game. It seems to me like hunting and fishing must be a lot more fun to do in real life.

Psilon

Erudite
No, because Deer Hunter and their ilk guarantee the presence of inquisitive wildlife.

Unless it's "Bob's Big Buck Blast 2000" from You Don't Know Jack. "Three days and you shot a cow! Pass me another beer."

Spazmo

Erudite
Wait, Azael--you joined the student exchange program in order to broaden your horizons, open your mind, educate yourself and see great new things and they sent you to Mississipi? You got screwed.

And they dropped the Deer Hunter franchise. The devs closed shop.

Dan

Liturgist
So, is this final, or might we see ToEE further delaid?

Persnoally, I don't care how much time it takes them, as long as it comes out ready.

Spazmo

Erudite
I doubt there will be any delays. Atari gave Troika a very tight 18 month dev cycle to make the game and they won't give then any more time than that.

Voss

Erudite
And it sounds like, from recent comments, that they're mostly done content-wise and are in testing. So it might actually come out on schedule... and when was the last time that happened with a game?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well. Tim seems certain they'd be done in August - on time. But it seems Atari added a few months to get PR rolling. As long as it's not the end of Oct, I'll be totally happy with that.

I'll have AoW2: Shadow Magic and Lionheart to play for a while at least. :)

Psilon

Erudite
I'd hope that's not the reason. Remember how long it took Arcanum to go from warez-only to retail? If it's just polishing (i.e., the game already works and they're making sure it works for everyone, including the inevitable (and useless) copy protection) the QA or adding more portraits, though, I'd be happy.

Spazmo

Erudite
Partially, I suppose. There's also the fact that the sooner ToEE is finished, the sooner Troika can get to work on the next D&D game for Atari.

Moriveth

Novice
Wait a second...

How is Gothic 2 coming out in October when I just saw it at my local Fry's last week?

Could it be the german version? Or just a hallucination?

Section8

Cipher
...and then I thought "Wait a minute Hansel, haven't you been smoking peyote for the last 6 days straight, and couldn't some of this be just in your head?" And it was! I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius.

Sharpei_Diem

Liturgist
ToEE, AoW and weekends

Damn, thought ToEE was coming out sooner that that...

...on another note was blown away when I saw AoW:SM sitting on the shelf all lonely and purdy yesterday. Had to get it: imo it was the best of the three big ones released last year.

First impressions: really like how they cleaned up the graphics, it certainly looks a lot better. I haven't played AoW:SM deep enough yet to find out yet if they corrected some of the minor faults in the gameplay... it should keep me happy for a bit.

but october is like....far.

Section 8: don't know what's sadder: that i immediately recognized your sig, or that i laughed at it...

Sabotai

Liturgist
Constipated Craprunner said:
Its InfroGrames, not Atari. I thought this was already discussed. Atari is dead.
You are jerking us around, aren't you? If not, Infogrames changed its name into Atari last May.

Voss

Erudite
They're the same company CC. How can you respect one more than the other?

Dan

Liturgist
He can do a lot of things we, mere mortals, can not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom