Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atari cutting back on the PC market

Fez

Erudite
Beyond Good & Evil is great, and not a platformer. It is also another criminally undersold game.

It was supposed to be a marketing experiment upon the gaming community to see how strong it was and if word of mouth could help a game. Turns out it doesn't because it bombed without advertising. No surprise there, but its a shame it cost us a possibly great game series.

North & South was utter rubbish. I played it fairly recently, so my memory of it is not rose-tinted by the mists of time.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Beyond Good and Evil is quite easily one of the best hybrid adventure/action games to date. You should check it out if you haven't yet. Don't let the immaturish looking characters turn you off - the story is far from immature.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Fez said:
North & South was utter rubbish. I played it fairly recently, so my memory of it is not rose-tinted by the mists of time.
Well, on every computer faster than AT it Runs Like Hell (tm). And it has to be shit without CGA graphics. Meh, maybe it is rubbish now, but back then it was just awesome. And for 2 players!

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
It was only awesome for two players, IIRC, playing against the computer just made me frustrated that it could move cavallery and infantry at the same, while firing cannons at you, something which you had no chance of doing due to the controls.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You got a point there; I remember the best time I had was when I played with a friend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom