Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Divinity: Original Sin
The "future/present" plot would only payoff if it spawned a GTA kind of game. But desmond is more like the biggest red herring of all, and bringing back Juno, one of the "ones that came before" was one of the shittiest plot twits ever. This series was all about assassin's vs abstergo, and a less lame twist would be that to save earth, desmond would have to do exactly what the templars were planning, which was to use the pieces of shi... eden on satelites. Then, it would still be lame twist, but at least it wouldn't be too far fetched. Then again, that ending of assassin's creed 3 eventually ended up as a reboot of future in AC4 story and now you play a random character.

I liked more the puzzles hidden in AC2 and AC brotherhood.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This LP should be legit. Advanced copy maybe. I've been following this guy for his DS2 playthroughs, he's a cool popamoler.

Gotta say, yes it's linear, derpy and popamole but the production, writing and acting of this game is quadruple A. It's like a Chris Nolan blockbuster - nothing close to my heart but the craft is fucking admirable.

Athelas

Arcane
What's there to admire about the writing and acting? It looks like the usual assassins/templars convoluted nonsense plot. The true achievement of the Assassin's Creed games has always been that despite having a historical setting, they somehow manage to not be about historical events at all. Also, Nolan is a hack.

That being said, while I would normally say pretty-looking games are a dime a dozen, this is actually surprising me with how good it looks.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's there to admire about the writing and acting?

What about the fact that it's by far the best voiceacting around? And the idea with Animus is pretty sweet, been saying that for years and standing behind every word, despite the horde of forum derpers calling for "pure historicalz parkourz action!!1!!" For a jaded fucker that has seen and played it all every original idea is a plus.

Btw the game as a whole would bore me to tears that's why I'm not gonna buy or play it, unlike many of my esteemed prestigious colleagues from this thread. :M

Athelas

Arcane
What's there to admire about the writing and acting?

What about the fact that it's by far the best voiceacting around? And the idea with Animus is pretty sweet, been saying that for years and standing behind every word
wat

The 'dive into own subconscious to access a different world' thing is one of the most common sci-fii tropes.

Besides, it's not like they do anything interesting with it, like that Desmond (?) guy getting access to abilities in the current day depending on how you play the historical assassin.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Some asshole got a copy and is doing a playthrough of it.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOIvWOLhbQJkMbaDw3jCgcu-8di27jg2c
He sucks at it eventho he said he played all of the previous AC games.

Feel free if you wanna spoil yourself or just check how the game looks like.

Graphics looks nice, parcour seems to be flowing more smoothly and the guy is a tool. Otherwise bog standard AC/Ubisoft sandbox game as far as I can see. They did make a stunning revolutionary Paris btw. Those crowds and the city itself do look amazing.

Like some of the new content and activities the youtuber shows. The series started out strong with the whole 'walk through a city in a different time' gimmick and I loved how ACII had my assassin actually working down a list of targets. After that it simply became too much a generic bog-standard Ubisoft sandbox with a lame story. This looks like it might be a step in the right direction again. Seeing as how my pc isn't going to meet the minimum system spec and this game is way too expensive, I'm just going to demo it and see if it works.

Divinity: Original Sin
I like how the assassin in the first part (that jack demoley thing) look like the ones from the first game, but that cross on templars chests are a little too big. Graphics are amazingly beautiful, but they've only show important characters in detail. I bet the people around town will not be so detailed.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Seems they released it early, earlier today it would not let me enter the key when I wanted to preload but now it doesnt even mention it, just installs the full game.
It was supposed to be out on Thursday in Europe. Alright, just a shame I dont have time to play this week.
v2aUGjB.jpg

Edit:
i7,16gb ram, 780. Settings on High. used Fraps to check the performance.
It ranges all around 30-60 fps, mainly 40-50fps 90% of the time. During cutscenes its choppy getting 15-30fps.
And this is with new nvidia drives released today "for the best ACU gaming experience". Ye, right.
Ubisoft truly wants people to have that "cinematic" experience no matter the hardware. Im not suprised.

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
Aiming for parity on all platforms is in fact a metaphor for the game's subject matter, how the French revolution was about the lower class (console players) demanding the same privileges as the upper class (PC master race).
Ubisoft is truly brilliant. :troll:

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
So the torrent for this game is 40 gigabytes. :retarded: Not even going to bother trying this, since it most likely won't even run on my crappy pc from 2008.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You need like 100 gb free. 40gb download plus 56gb for install.
And lol at that video. That moment is where the game breaks out of cutscene player is given control for the first time. Dude barely moved the mouse and it bugged out, lol.
How the fuck did this pass Q&A?

Btw, the game playable part that was shown on my screenshot is just that section and the intro video for that first 8 gb downloaded. Finished in 10 min and I was greeted with a grey screen and a download counter.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Btw, the game playable part that was shown on my screenshot is just that section and the intro video for that first 8 gb downloaded. Finished in 10 min and I was greeted with a grey screen and a download counter.

You PC people don't want to listen. This is what happens when you try to play at more than 30FPS.

bonescraper

That's a "i don't have the game yet, how can i have a group?" kind of yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom