Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.wired.com/2014/11/assassins-creed-unity-embargo/

Although frankly, Ubisoft has nothing to worry about, as the masses are stupefied consumerzombies with short memories so they'll just keep buying the same shit over and over again. Consumers never learn, and that's why The Stupid can keep spreading.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
839988.png

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Meanwhile, the forgotten Assassin's Creed Rogue is actually getting some positive reception, with the user score being in the green.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its prob less buggy for sure. I played through Black Flag with 0 crashes, slowdowns and bugs. And Rogue is Black Flag 1.2.
I cant even play Unity cause upon loading the save I'm trapped in a scripted event where the game crashes at the end of the event.

Gerrard

Arcane
I haven't played any AC games except the first one and holy shit did the "parkour" get fucking ridiculous now.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, installed it to enjoy the lulz and came away mostly bored. It runs like shit, even on lowest settings. Mind you, I got to cranck Black Flag up to ultra without a hitch. Dunno what went wrong here. Not too many crashes and wierd bugs though. Which is mildly disappointing after all the hilarious gifs. Otherwise seems a typical AC. Did enjoy how the most interesting story they can create around the French revolution revolves around the inner politics of the assassins. Way to go and waste an awesome setting, Ubi.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Love the 1:40 moment. It's amazing how Ubisoft is using the same updated engine over and over again and still they managed to release a game in this state. Was it even tested ?

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, installed it to enjoy the lulz and came away mostly bored. It runs like shit, even on lowest settings. Mind you, I got to cranck Black Flag up to ultra without a hitch. Dunno what went wrong here. Not too many crashes and wierd bugs though. Which is mildly disappointing after all the hilarious gifs. Otherwise seems a typical AC. Did enjoy how the most interesting story they can create around the French revolution revolves around the inner politics of the assassins. Way to go and waste an awesome setting, Ubi.
Black Fag was also very slow on release. I couldn't even play it on medium settings properly but after a few patches it ran smoothly with everything maxed out.

Divinity: Original Sin
Its prob less buggy for sure. I played through Black Flag with 0 crashes, slowdowns and bugs. And Rogue is Black Flag 1.2.
I cant even play Unity cause upon loading the save I'm trapped in a scripted event where the game crashes at the end of the event.

Remember, you can't create new saves, start a new game, and if your save breaks, you're doomed.

You forgot to mention the romeo and juliet love story, as arno girl is a templar.

Turjan

Arcane
Its prob less buggy for sure. I played through Black Flag with 0 crashes, slowdowns and bugs.
Yup, there wasn't anything reported that was really bad. Although there was the occasional funny glitch:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Farcry 4 is like what AC Rogue is, a pretty big expansion pack. So I wouldnt expect a clusterfuck like Unity, but no way in hell Im preordering it after this buggy POS release.

And Darth Slaughter , I'll wait for the patch, if it doesnt fix it I'll pretend as I've never made the purchase in the first place, atleast for a while.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Retardedly high system requirements are often a good way to predict the coming of bad ports, FC4's requirements seem pretty down to earth so that could be a good sign. Not that I expect a good FPS from Ubi but that's another story.

I find it amusing that ACU which looks (not to mention plays...) almost identical (more dumb peds, slightly higher res, some "next-gen" fx) to the gazillion other AC game that came before it now struggles to run at 30fps on computers equipped with the fastest hardware on the planet.

I copy pasted this from Total Biscuit's Youtube About page, this computer is not fast enough to run Ubi's latest console popamole in 1080p@60fps:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2800
BOARD: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
COOLER: Swiftech H320 55.0 CFM Liquid
GPU: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
SSDs: 3x Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb
HDDs: WD Cavier Black, 4TB

That's a $500 CPU and 2 $600 GPUs..

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom