Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ashes of the Singularity (Stardock/Oxide RTS)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It is out, has mostly positive reviews on steam atm.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is the most boring RTS ever. I would rather play Sins of a Solar Empire again...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'm usually not interested in MP, as it is usually competitive and I'm not good enough in RTS games to play online - nor do I want to spend the time to git gud.

But I agree, SciFi-RTS games are kinda bland by now. They all look more or less the same. I prefer fantasy / medieval RTS games.

Aothan

Magister
I would like to see the price reduced but also waiting to see what reviews (for what merit popular review sites might indicate) tend to indicate about the gameplay. The Steam reviewers were generally positive yet not very encouraging for what was being described, more recent opinions have said the multiplayer aspect is interesting but a different type of strategy than what others could be expecting from an rts

with everything else underway and even a new improved ToEE I will probably wait at least a few months (and maybe a good sale will eventuate sometime)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Reviews say: shit single-player, potentially interesting multi-player with less focus on micro. Technically O.K., factions very similar, maps boring.

Aothan

Magister
with that many units, assuming moderate control of unit actions and unit responsiveness, I would guess some micro would be useful, almost all reviews have suggested otherwise so I'm curious in what way the game would actually operate to reduce the significance of unit control

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

ArchAngel

Arcane
What's the problem with this one, ArchAngel ?
Except the price tag, I mean...
It is slow and boring as I said earlier? I don't play RTS that makes me fall asleep. And its sound track is just as unexciting as the game.

Act of Aggression Reboot is a RTS I am playing the moment as a big fan of C&C Generals.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game is good.
I play the single player mission and although a little bare-bone, it's a nice homage to Total Annihilation.
It has a lot of promise if they decided to expand the universe.
The battles are truly massive and the performance is quite good even on dx11.

Aothan

Magister
it is one of those games that is not receiving many reviews, most reports seem to say it is a good game, I think there was also mention of another faction planned for an expansion. Mostly it is the gameplay and multiplayer I would like to hear reviews discuss but so far most comments are preliminary and refer to future impressions. That makes sense to a degree, sometimes it is useful to limit what can be said before a game is fully experienced in multiplayer

ArchAngel

Arcane
Or to give a more detailed answer. If you need a game that will put you to sleep fast, it is worth 13$.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I figured, just the fact that it's so heavily discounted so soon after release is a red flag. Nobody buying. StarDock can't catch a break lately.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I figured, just the fact that it's so heavily discounted so soon after release is a red flag. Nobody buying. StarDock can't catch a break lately.
StarShit should start making good games for a change. They announce an awesome engine only to use it to make an RTS with shit gameplay that is like playing a Dota where you don't control the heroes (and none exist) but need to control all the armies (and armies move as slow and as long as in dota lol and there is no woods to surprise or ambush).

Silly Germans

Does anyone play this ? Has it improved with the dlcs that were released ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom