Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Warfare: World of Tanks formerly from Obsidian

Gerrard

Arcane
A bit early for April Fools'.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wasn't exactly expecting anything special, but this certainly went beyond my imagination of what they could be doing... Fuck.

:dead:

Shadenuat

Arcane
If not for PoE, I would lose all my last sanity points right here; that said I think I still lost quite a loT#()%#U)IOFIOFQWEIOURIWOQRUIOQWFIOSFJIOs

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the guys at Obsidian are laughing their asses off looking at the meltdown of the Codex.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't understand.

What I don't understand is why a Russian publisher would want to pay big bucks for a bunch of guys in California who've never done anything like this before, instead of hiring in the motherland.

Duraframe300

Arcane
It does make some weird sense though. Obsidian was pretty desperate post-March 2012 layoffs.

Xeon

Augur
I think I saw a movie or something once about how mobs show their good sides to their victims and give them some loans or whatever to make their dream project and when it fails the mobs will own the victims.

I kinda thought it was a joke at first but man, They added it in their official forum. Its really happening.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Does this directly influence development of Eternity, or other rpgs they are working on? No? Then why the hell cry out like this? Whats the point?

Xeon

Augur
I kinda think people are exaggerating a little for fun you know, and what Athelas said.

Kinda of a wish that they worked on an RPG but they kinda need to pay the bills so...

Chateaubryan

Cipher
You will all shut up when they'll release the 1 USD "Nameless One" paintjob.
And those special "bronze sphere" ammunitions? Jizz in your pants.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I would be concernend if this was the only game they are working on. Since they're Not.. *shrug*

Duraframe300

Arcane
It will be interesting to say the least.

Just means if you want that AAAPopamoleObsidianRPGTM you have to wait a while longer.

Duraframe300

Arcane

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to read the saddest thread in the world: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64956-obsidian-project-to-be-announced-at-gdc-2014/

4.5 pages of breathless expectation — "Only three more weeks, guys!" "Are they still going to announce?" "Chris Avellone confirmed they are going to announce" — until they find out what they've been waiting for.
And this is exactly why people love Obsidian.

Some art is made with love, because an idea or concept was important enough to it's creator that they wanted to dedicate a work of art to expressing it and sharing it with all.
After reading lines like this, I wonder if the devs told themselves "oh god, we will really let these people down when we announce this project".

If you want to read the saddest thread in the world: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64956-obsidian-project-to-be-announced-at-gdc-2014/

4.5 pages of breathless expectation — "Only three more weeks, guys!" "Are they still going to announce?" "Chris Avellone confirmed they are going to announce" — until they find out what they've been waiting for.

We went through the same thing with South Park over this. One guy quit Obsidian back then.
This is worse, because even if SP was a shallow RPG, it was an RPG with story, characters and singleplayer mechancis. This game will be a grindfest, with MMO mechanics, which i hate.

Athelas

Arcane
Does this directly influence development of Eternity, or other rpgs they are working on? No? Then why the hell cry out like this? Whats the point?
They aren't working on other RPG's. That's the point.

They are.

Second Kickstarter, One Unannounced Project and currently pitching future games.
I thought THIS was the 'unannounced project'? As for pitching future RPG's, they've been doing that since New Vegas and that hasn't turned out anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom