Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are You Going To Play Baldur's Gate 3?

Are you going to play Baldur's Gate 3?

• Total voters

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I'm not sure but I think that was also one of the last titles that actually had importing character functionality

I remember Champions of Norrath and its sequel Return to Arms having that functionality. (2004 & 2005)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Solasta has this functionality, although it's technically between different campaigns of a single game, even though it's equivalent to importing your Gold Box party to the next game in a series. :M

Anonymous Ranger

Literate
I’m only planing on playing it if it’s actually any good or if it’s a terrible game that boarders on being funny by accident.Either way there’s no way I’m buying it right now I’m going to wait.

goregasm

Scholar
I picked no because I would like to wait and find out exactly HOW much tranny animal ghee sex is in before I buy and just enjoy the main thread thats up here in the meantime.

Also too many games in backlog.

Also not paying 60 bucks to fuck a gnome or whatever is going on here.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I paid for it years ago so of course I'm going to play it.

Plus, it's the only (role playing) game in town. This isn't the glory days of '98 anymore.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Ya know, posting in and reading the Baldur's Gate 3 thread is so fun, I start to associate Baldur's Gate 3 with laughter and good feelings. I start thinking, maybe I'll give it a try after all! But then I look at the main cast and I couldn't listen to any of them for even a second so they're off the table. I look at the mercenaries you can hire and they look like someone hit "random" in a character creator and their bios sound like I wrote them as a joke to make fun of the game. So what am I going to do, solo a turn based tactical game? What a sad state of affairs.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Plus, it's the only (role playing) game in town. This isn't the glory days of '98 anymore.
i know right?

i don't know if the ability to throw shit up on steam for $100 for eternity is good or bad, because it's almost worse than digging through the bargain bin in the '00s, it's nearly like having and endless shovelware/shareware section that constantly fill up with utter garbage. you can find some nice nuggets if you sift through enough of the shit.

a nice ogl tactical game i enjoy but moving between combats is garbage though; you can't get marks in every category in life.

Eventually, which is to say, when it's done. Generally one year from official release. That's about when DLCs end as customers have moved on and product support budgets run out. Then the sales begin. I'll also be in the market for a PnP restoration mod, so I'm definitely being patient about it. It will be a difficult wait though. The Baldur's Gate series was my obsession. I know this is something...distinctly different, but I'm still optimistic it will be an excellent game.

Cvilidreta

Novice
not interested in playing BG3, i'm a fan of the Infinity engine BG2 (rtwp, movement in fixed isometric view, rts-style gameplay, disabling spells&status effects...) ; in short, this game has nothing in common with BG1 and BG2.

destinae vomitus

Educated
I'll get around to it once the inevitable definitive edition and mods that fix whatever assortment issues it ends up having are available like I did with DOS2.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Eventually, yes. The Xbox version got delayed so I'd have to wait a bit anyway, but even after it's out, I'll wait a year or so until used copies sell for peanuts.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
I'm waiting to find out how unavoidable the purple-haired trans-faggotry is before I buy. If it's completely avoidable, I might pull the trigger and buy it.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm waiting to find out how unavoidable the purple-haired trans-faggotry is before I buy. If it's completely avoidable, I might pull the trigger and buy it.
It's doesn't mater one bit how "avoidable" it is, you still support it by playing the game (or even worse, paying for it).

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
First I'd like to know how much famed Larian 'humor' was packed into it and if the degeneracy can be avoided (and if it's presented as something normal and acceptable to push the agenda). Granted, I never played BG1-2 and I have no particular nostalgic feelings about those games, so I can't be butthurt about Larian not doing something exactly as some fans would expect. On one of these days, when I have no other RPGs in my backlog, I'll check it out

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
It's doesn't mater one bit how "avoidable" it is, you still support it by playing the game (or even worse, paying for it).

I agree with you. And typically I avoid these things like the plague. I haven't paid to see a movie or a new video game in many years because the faggotry is honestly in everything nowadays.

I MIGHT make an exception this time though. The reason is that I have a couple younger brothers who are still hopelessly stuck in the Matrix and really want to do a Friday-night coop of the game. So for me it's a choice between holding true to my values or spending limited time with some of my family. There's no way I'd be buying this just for myself. The older I get, the more I realize that time spent with those close to you is worth some sacrifices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom