Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are You Going To Play Baldur's Gate 3?

Are you going to play Baldur's Gate 3?

• Total voters

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Now, I find this interesting. BG3 & Eldenring (maybe FFXVI) are the ANOMALIES not the NORM. Most of ALL AAA Companies want to just barely give you enough content and are treading the idea of GATCHA micro-transactions in some way. I’m only taking this video’s word for it atm so don’t consider it hard fact.

Unworking buggy released games? Withheld content? More shit to get your $$$ and not release what they promised? Go fucking figure.

SVEN and team might be pandering to the agenda ….. or…. Just maybe….

they are filling up so many possible options (video said there are more than the most prolific of rogue-likes) that they want to give the ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible. Personally, I think it is impossible. I mean can you destroy EVERYTHING and eventually dig a crater? You probably can kill everything, but can you ADD anyone to your party even the stupid squirrel or rando townsfolk or that huge bitch whore bugbear chick? Can you foursome with tiny duck mob and his big bitch? Can you torure and cut shit to pieces in some basement drinking their blood and become the Jack the Ripper of the world? Can you split your own head open at the beginning because a ceremorph in your skull is disgusting? And many more much more complicated things.

Sven is a polar opposite to Richard Garriotte and even Fargo didn’t go full out and fill Bard’s Tale with even a BTCS (though that might be licensing ip issues). He sold his soul to Microsoft.

Yeah, SVEN is making third person devs look at the scope of BG3 with futility maybe. Namcobamdai seems to be the exception partially with Elden Ring as it is STEEM and not GOG. I just read always online bullshit to prevent cheating shit like Blizzard and later Diablos or even ubisoft and say MMX. So Sven is alone (except he’s in cahoots with WOTC/HASBRO).

Will AAA developers up their game and not do the bare minimal for inflated price? I bet more of the same. Will small devs suffer? Uhhh maybe if you’re going to fucking compare. People are going to purchase games. People are going to pirate games. And people will continue to play old games and other games.

If Sven is truly trying to push the envelope and bust the AAAs then maybe I will give BG3 a try. Games I play are so antiquated many non-grogs just smirk and point fingers at their ancient appeal.

A game with more options than any other game is a bold bold claim.

Baldanders

Novice
Have they given people the option to turn off the narrator/Dungeon Master voice?. I'd rather read what she was saying than listen to a constant monologue.

Bit like watching a foreign movie and having the option to read the subtitles rather than some spastic doing the dubs.
It was an option in Early Access. Hilarious that they removed that option for wide release because we know they mixed the audio to account for that option.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I would play BG3, but I don't have a machine that can handle it. Maybe I should fire up BG2 again and finally finish it.

I got a new machine to play EA and lucky I didn’t need another by the time it finally came out. As it is the config thingy is recommending pretty low settings and it’s run smooth and looks fine.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
IMG_8473.jpeg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So can someone show me the funniest thing they've seen in BG3? Just curious. Because I can't find anything funny on Youtube. Or maybe I just don't get their humor.

Like bear sex - they put it in because it was funny. Was it?. You can all accuse me of bestiality baiting now.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Did any of you buy THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION?

Included:
1. Each Collector's Edition contains a digital copy of the game.

2. A custom sticker sheet

3. A 25cm Mind Flayer vs. Drow battle diorama

4. A 160-page hardcover art book

5. A cloth map of Faerûn

6. A set of D&D-inspired origin character sheets

7. A metal tadpole keyring

8. A Magic: The Gathering booster pack

9. A custom-engraved metal d20 based on the dice from Baldur's Gate 3

10. And a certificate of authenticity

{All within a mind-flayer-inspired collector's box}

All of the Digital Deluxe Edition DLC content is also included with the Collector’s Edition:

1. Which gives you 72 hours Early Access (PS5 only)

2. A unique dice skin

3. A collection of Divinity-inspired items

4. And the Adventurer’s Pouch

5. Along with the digital downloadable OST

6. Artbook and Character Sheets

In addition, Collector’s Edition owners will receive an exclusive in-game skin based on the physical Metal D20.

Frozen

Arcane
all y'all funny as shit. bitching at each other about woke consumerism and whatnots. you can bash your head against a wall sayin' that 'anti-woke' is a majority when then numbers show that a mass majority of humans prefer the opposite. you all understand that ultimately, it's your child that carries your morals/beliefs if you actually raise them instead of letting the fuckin' telly tell them that mental derangement and bodily mutilation is cool and you'll never regret the decisions you make as a teen! but i'm just some fucking crazy person raising my kids with my own morals. i can only guide them to make the right decisions when they are adults. after that, they're flying solo and making decisions themselves.

game's already bought, might as well get my monies worth. i actually see a penis every single day (i'm skinny enough to see my own unlike the forty percent of humans who are too fat to), so they don't frighten me.

You are just butthurt because you like this crap and are even embarrassed to admit it. You are worse than openly woke freaks.

And NO, most people are not into woke shit, this game "success" is ZERO compared to worst sport or FPS games that has new/old/same version coming out every year. And they made this shit forever like it's some next level shit and not just an average turn-based game with cringe dialogue boring story and ugly art style with zero taste.

Shit will always be shit. Just because YOU enjoy it does not make it somehow acceptable to majority. Idea that they did some "research" to get what people like you just made up to justify your personal lack of taste.

If this game was made by none woke people with taste and intellect it would sell 3 times more. Only thing it has "going" for itself is that its finished, and has content. In modern AAA gaming its considered groundbreaking.

Frozen

Arcane
Missing out on the best cRPG in years to trigger da libs xD
Not enjoying my hobbies to trigger da libs xD
Living a gray, dull, joyless and meaningless existence to trigger da libs xD

#triggered

No, you don't get it bulgar, its shit and we are not missing on anything.

You are the one missing taste and a brain. lel I can't force myself to play this shit even if I want to. And I don't.

Its juvenile cringe boring shit.

If your EU commission master told you in real life to fuck a bear, we would not be seeing you close to a PC but running through the woods nearby.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Now, I find this interesting. BG3 & Eldenring (maybe FFXVI) are the ANOMALIES not the NORM. Most of ALL AAA Companies want to just barely give you enough content and are treading the idea of GATCHA micro-transactions in some way. I’m only taking this video’s word for it atm so don’t consider it hard fact.
Because this doesn't exist or anything;

KsgKyta.png

You are looking at irrefutable proof that not a single one of these mouth breathers on Youtube with almost 1 million views knows what the fuck they are talking about. They simply look at what the prevailing narrative is and go with it for clicks.

Let's also not forget that Larian hold back on certain QoL improvements ON PURPOSE for the inevitable Enhanced Edition so they'll have something to market and sell on later. It doesn't take a genius to work this shit out. The fact that the masses are buying into the narrative that Larian is a great company that is pushing boundaries only goes to show how fucking RETARDED THEY ALL ARE! The only boundaries Larian is pushing is seeing how much money they can panhandle from RETARDED FAGGOTS after they picked up the proverbial football that CDPR dropped.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
I'm starting to believe that a lot of this garbage stems from the retardation of peoples minds from watching too many Marvel and DC superhero movies. They all believe in this premise that the bad guys days are numbered because some hero is going to go from zero to Hero and save the day. Right now Larian is the Hero. Last time it was CDPR, and it was Obsidian before them. It won't ever end because gamers are desperate losers who need to be told that something is amazing and groundbreaking so they'll get FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). The entire games industry is fucking TRASH!!

Last edited:

Ladonna

Arcane
If this game was made by none woke people with taste and intellect it would sell 3 times more. Only thing it has "going" for itself is that its finished, and has content. In modern AAA gaming its considered groundbreaking.

This is the only D&D CRPG I haven't bought or even had the motivation to bother buying/trying (that was released on PC or earlier personal computer). And I have been buying (or getting them as presents) since Pool of Radiance. Yeah, I even bought Ruins of Myth Drannor...

Just not interested in this one at all.

BruceVC

Magister

#triggered

You are the one missing taste and a brain. lel I can't force myself to play this shit even if I want to. And I don't.

If your EU commission master told you in real life to fuck a bear, we would not be seeing you close to a PC but running through the woods nearby.
But you cant objectively comment if you havent played it? Obviously thats just common sense, play it and then you can say its shit around what mechanics or narrative aspects you dont like

Since when did we move to this world where having an informed opinion of something doesn't matter anymore? Its like a restaurant critic, are you going to take his review seriously if he writes a review but he has never eaten at the restaurant?

Brutenga

Barely Literate
  • C&C and reactivity is exaggerated and overrated. Most is flavour and unsubstantial. Character creation choices don't matter, even if you play a Lolthite drow, the only reaction you get is flavour text from everyone that does nothing. Don't expect companions to interrupt dialogue and make judgements of your moral choices, all you get is some text saying whether they "approve" or not.
This, this right here made me stop playing. I guess I put myself in a unique position to realize this early (I restarted shortly after raiding the grove). I made the same character, a lolth-sworn sorc but took a dip into cleric at lvl 2 and made a couple different choices early on. Namely keeping Gale alive and picking up Wyll before certain events fire.

I've played many games where companions often leave something to be desired but this title in particular, the reactivity (or rather the lack of it) is really fucking jarring. I was really hopeful too, but after playing BG3 I almost want to just stop gaming.

I can't do that just yet though, I have to wait until I get my hands on that rumored factorio expansion and confirm the whole thing wasn't just my imagination..

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I opened the door to the restaurant and a warm gust of air washed over me, carrying a heavy odor of rotten meat which still clings to my clothes as I write this review. I could hear the shrill screams of a panicked woman coming from the kitchen that were cut short by what sounded like an axe hitting a wet bag. The waiter greeted me by pulling down his pants and making a helicopter with his wiener. Gonna be honest, I was very close to losing my journalistic integrity here but, as an online forum poster, objectivity is the most important thing on this planet.

I am now on my way to the hospital to have my stomach pumped, but I can say with the true confidence of an informed online opinion-haver that the food at this restaurant wasn't very good after all.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I opened the door to the restaurant and a warm gust of air washed over me, carrying a heavy odor of rotten meat which still clings to my clothes as I write this review. I could hear the shrill screams of a panicked woman coming from the kitchen that were cut short by what sounded like an axe hitting a wet bag. The waiter greeted me by pulling down his pants and making a helicopter with his wiener. Gonna be honest, I was very close to losing my journalistic integrity here but, as an online forum poster, objectivity is the most important thing on this planet.

I am now on my way to the hospital to have my stomach pumped, but I can say with the true confidence of an informed online opinion-haver that the food at this restaurant wasn't very good after all.
Anyone who says you need to play this game first before judging it can fuck right off.

We already played Original Sin 1 & 2 and also Dragon Age. We know what BG3 is and who it caters towards because it's been in early access for 2 years. If after that long you still haven't worked out what BG3 is, you've either been living under a rock or you just never cared about Baldur's Gate to begin with.

Last edited:

Frozen

Arcane

#triggered

But you cant objectively comment if you havent played it? Obviously thats just common sense, play it and then you can say its shit around what mechanics or narrative aspects you dont like

Since when did we move to this world where having an informed opinion of something doesn't matter anymore? Its like a restaurant critic, are you going to take his review seriously if he writes a review but he has never eaten at the restaurant?

I have seen enough of it on YouTube.

Who said I have to play it to know its shit?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Damn you youtube! Always spoiling shit. I suppose you can get the squirrel and rats to join your party?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom