Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Archaelund: RPG that combines 1st-person exploration with 3rd-person TB combat - now available on Early Access

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It's always the same people that complain that everything is about gender nowadays, who bring up the subject every time :-D

Sorry but the more degeneracy you insert into games, the more people are going to talk about it. It's normal. Can you really blame them?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Archaelund is not focused at all in the personal relationships with NPCs, much less romance or sex. Any sex-scenes will have to happen in the player's head, together with what the party had for breakfast, if they farted or not, etc. There's a choice between male or female sex for each of your party members, and again the player is free to imagine whatever identity as wished for the characters beyond their biology. Not my business

It's always the same people that complain that everything is about gender nowadays, who bring up the subject every time :-D
No one is complaining that "everything is about gender". It about variety of woke stuff in many CRPGs these days. You don't need to make s**t up.
Good to hear there is no reason to worry. And that should have been it. Question > answer > end. If someone had asked about any CRPG if it had stupid (non-woke) romances or whatever else, no one would have claimed that "same people bring this subject every time" and that's so bad. At worst it would have been ignored by everyone. The overabundance of bad romances in many CRPGs is an issue. And so is woke-ism. But only questions about the latter cause some people to freak out. The subject makes them uncomfortable. I wonder why? I'm not saying you are one of them, you seem mostly levelheaded in all this.

Having said all that, the game never looked the type so the question might have been unnecessary in this case. But The Wall gonna The Wall.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
3ZIVLSE.png

Well would you look at that. It looks like the answer to his question was readily and easily available by examining the Steam Store page screenshots. Almost like some people can't even do some cursory research before sperging out about some culture war bullshit.
Archaelund is not focused at all in the personal relationships with NPCs

Like any RPG should be
Are you pooh-poohing all romance subplots in RPGs as a whole, or only ones where they're given far greater emphasis than is warranted by the game's themes and/or core gameplay (Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate...)?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Woah, that char creation screen is so incredibly outdated. It's divided into steps now, and looks much better. I need to replace all that stuff before release, when I have a moment.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Is there any detailed information about stats and any other details and their effect that i could read? Atm cant find any...

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any detailed information about stats and any other details and their effect that i could read? Atm cant find any...

There will be a wiki. My community from Exiled Kingdoms is already eager to start it (and over the years they made an amazing wiki for EK), but for now I've asked the beta-testers to not share anything because changes and adjustments may still happen. There will be plenty of time during Early Access.

The game itself offers contextual information about everything.

Mortmal

Arcane
3ZIVLSE.png

Well would you look at that. It looks like the answer to his question was readily and easily available by examining the Steam Store page screenshots. Almost like some people can't even do some cursory research before sperging out about some culture war bullshit.
Archaelund is not focused at all in the personal relationships with NPCs

Like any RPG should be
Are you pooh-poohing all romance subplots in RPGs as a whole, or only ones where they're given far greater emphasis than is warranted by the game's themes and/or core gameplay (Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate...)?
The most important thing I see is the abundance of classes and skills – lots of them, and that's always a good thing. The combination of 3D exploration and tactical combat reminds me of Realms of Arkania. I'm getting quite hyped about this.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well would you look at that. It looks like the answer to his question was readily and easily available by examining the Steam Store page screenshots.
Retard, because things can't change until release? There is real, heavy pressure for all devs to do The WOKE Sieg Heil! "Seigh Heil! Ya, we WOKE! We have ze they/them pronouns". All the major,LITERALLY ALL (Larian, Obsidian, Bethesda even small indies like Space Wreck) have gotten on their knees and included pronouns. It doesn't stop there. They are pushing the frontline of societal sanity every. single. year. You have to fucking understand, regardless how much you personally might be comfartable with current status quo, at some point they will deem your very existance to be PRRRRROBLEMATIC

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I just wanna play fun, deep and challenging RPGs and get lost in believable virtual worlds. That's my entire agenda, Codex Broes. I refuse to eat shit and play WOKE! games. Simple, really

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Easy, now, dear. Everything's going to be OK. The wokes can't get you here. Nobody likes the current societal status quo, anyway. I choose to believe we are the silent majority.

Here, breathe into this brown paper bag while you recite the Lord's Prayer. Come back to us when you've gotten your panties unbunched, preferably after you've had your nightly nut to hot ebony girls on /s/.
1aLG9Lc.png

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Any change that this will be released on GOG during early access phase (or at all)?

At some point, certainly. I already work with GoG to sell Exiled Kingdoms, and I know many people prefer it to Steam.

But not now, and not in the "very early" access, because it just adds overhead on my side to every update distribution (which right now are daily, and I expect frequent updates in the first months). Given I'm already spread thinly over a dozen different tasks, I want to keep things as simple as possible. Also it's for me easier to handle the metrics and feedback at release if it comes from one source. Maybe after I release a big update in the next year, if all goes well.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Body-Types, Two Sexes or 999 pronouns? Which one will it be? WOKE or Based? Also I hope all profits game makes go to Zelensky so he can grab old pensioners and little boys and women of the street of Kiev and send them to death. SLAVA UKRAINIIIIIII! SLAVA WOKE!!!!!!

P. S. DEATH TO WHITE PEOPLE. EXTRA DEATH TO WHITE MALES

Modron

Arcane
If this game doesn't turn out good, I will click on your profile, and give it a disapproving/disappointed look.
Jokes on you, try clicking his profile. I didn't realize this was coming out so soon 3 weeks until early access.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom