Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum yet again pleasantly surprises me

Murk

Arcane
Helton said:
Good ones which keep me thinking about them once I'm done watching, yeah. More often with TV shows and books, though, since they are with you for longer periods of time.

Right, but the point is that you can imagine yourself in a setting with characters you didn't create and have almost no control over - that's just an aspect of the entertainment, is it... good? if so then yes, if not then no - you can't get immersed.

But she didn't say she did that with movies, did she? Books and historical events. She doesn't like movies because they aren't interactive. I like movies but I agree completely, they're an inferior form of entertainment.

that's fine but it still carries over - i think she's just overly closed minded and very militant about it. at the end of the day her lameness doesn't influence my situation - but it is something to mock, at the very least.

Helton

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
You just haven't seen enough of her comments. She's batshit insane.

Must be it, just going off of what you guys quoted and a couple posts from the link. Nothing I saw came off as that strange.

Lumpy

Arcane
Helton said:
She doesn't like movies because they aren't interactive. I like movies but I agree completely, they're an inferior form of entertainment.
Inferior to what? To games, certainly not. And I think they're on par with books - just a different medium.

Helton

Arcane
Lumpy said:
Inferior to what? To games, certainly not. And I think they're on par with books - just a different medium.

To games, certainly so. CRPGs in particular. Movies are a passive experience, at least most of the time, and never interactive.

Lumpy

Arcane
Helton said:
Lumpy said:

To games, certainly so. CRPGs in particular. Movies are a passive experience, at least most of the time, and never interactive.
Okay, maybe I misunderstood. You are referring purely to entertainment value, and not value as an art form, amirite?

Helton

Arcane
Lumpy said:
Okay, maybe I misunderstood. You are referring purely to entertainment value, and not value as an art form, amirite?

Yeah, mostly. Games have a long way to go on the "art" front.

Lumpy

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Merilinda once tried to re-write PS:T so TNO would be a Mary-Sue.
Too bad she deleted the mod. I would've enjoyed trying it out.
Apparently she replaced TNO with FFG.

Oh, and the good reason for PS:T to be male-specific is so that he could use his protruding parts at one point as an item? There is absolutely no reason why that could not have been substituted for a certain part of female anathomy.
Dear God, what?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Lumpy said:
Post the link to your let's play thread already.
I think I'll just copy/paste it here. I think Yuku boards need an account to view.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm not up for recreating the whole thing. Here's the link:

http://immateriumforum.yuku.com/topic/626?page=14

Nowhere near as good as the inspiration to start it, Darth Mordechai's Worst of the Worst thread in GFaqs or Locue's FF7 LP.
My LP right now is just me going through the game shouting out sex and gay jokes all the time, but thanks anyway. I hope the inspiration was more "fuck, I can do better!" rather than "fuck, I can do better jokes about homosexual intercourse!"

Thank you for lping her Bishop romance mod. You're doing a real service. I've never mustard'd up the courage to click that shit.

Also Merlinda is, dot dot dot, kind of hopeless. We've traded some words and from what I gathered, it's not that she's stupid but she's definitely a moron. You can't argue with her. Just ignore her and *Know* that Mikayel is right. She will die angry and miss everything cool about life.

Suicidal

Arcane
Melirinda said:
Nope. Your previosu incarnation could have been in a lesbian relationship with Ravel, and as this relationship is rarer than the male-female romance, it actually warrants the 'gift' more so than the standard romance.

That was her reply to someone who said that TNO has to be male because Ravel thinks of him as her lover.

I lol'd.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Locue said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Lumpy said:
Post the link to your let's play thread already.
I think I'll just copy/paste it here. I think Yuku boards need an account to view.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm not up for recreating the whole thing. Here's the link:

http://immateriumforum.yuku.com/topic/626?page=14

Nowhere near as good as the inspiration to start it, Darth Mordechai's Worst of the Worst thread in GFaqs or Locue's FF7 LP.
My LP right now is just me going through the game shouting out sex and gay jokes all the time, but thanks anyway. I hope the inspiration was more "fuck, I can do better!" rather than "fuck, I can do better jokes about homosexual intercourse!"

Thank you for lping her Bishop romance mod. You're doing a real service. I've never mustard'd up the courage to click that shit.
Actually, I did have a gay subplot in the romance in form of Ghazdkull and Yarrick from 40K. It made a return when Andy from King of Fighters nearly killed Yarrick and tried to rape Ghazdkull. I'm kinda stuck with innuendo of the game itself at times, but hey, it's the adventures of Paris Hilton (Bard/Barbarian).

My intent was simply to spread the glorious humour format of the LP. I feared I destroyed my thread when I linked to yours, which I consider much better.

But my suffering with the Romance Mod is nothing. Darth Mordechai at GameFaqs BG2 board has went through Saerileth, Nathaniel, Chloe and pretty much all those infamous BG2 romance mods. And documented the process.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh, and the good reason for PS:T to be male-specific is so that he could use his protruding parts at one point as an item? There is absolutely no reason why that could not have been substituted for a certain part of female anathomy.

Wait what? I don't remember TNO cutting his dick off and using it as a key or something. Which part of the game was that?

Murk

Arcane
the part that was so insignificant that to bring it up as a point is retarded

(i don't know which part either)

Earth Nuggets

Novice
Drog or Shota, can you upload the infamous Arcanum "dwarves attacking Tarant" movie? Supposedly, with high intelligence and charisma, you can convince the dwarf leader to declare war on humans, which leaves Tarant desolated and gives a reportedly very cool movie. Only few have seen it.
This doesn't exist. All the cinemas in the game are in the main directory. Extracting the DATA file will only get you the Sierra and Troika logos, which will be cached anyway. There are also placeholders for the dialogue in movies in the DLG files; I'd think someone would have spotted something like this by now.

Murk

Arcane
i remember reading about that and seeing it mentioned that it was a hoax or such a thing was planned but never made it in

then again after the lost arcanum module surfaced, who knows?

Thrasher

Erudite
feminista

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom