Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum: Couple of questions from a new forum member

Hi guys
I've just bought Arcanum from gog.com, and i'm currently learning by doing.
I've skimmed the manual, but i got a few questions that i couldn't find answers for. I hope some of you can help me.

1. In The UI there is a red line and some buttons that turns red sometimes. I can't for the life of me figure out what they mean.

Here's a screen:

Xm9ft.jpg

2. Is there any way i can control the way my companions level up?

3. My companion has Pick Locks, and i dont. How do i make him do it?

4. If i equip a companion with a throwing weapon, like say grenades, will he switch to a secondary weap when he runs out of grenades?

Hope i'm not being too noobish here.

-Rumpole

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
InspectorRumpole said:
1. In The UI there is a red line and some buttons that turns red sometimes. I can't for the life of me figure out what they mean
Too obvious.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
InspectorRumpole said:
Hi guys
I've just bought Arcanum from gog.com, and i'm currently learning by doing.
I've skimmed the manual, but i got a few questions that i couldn't find answers for. I hope some of you can help me.

1. In The UI there is a red line and some buttons that turns red sometimes. I can't for the life of me figure out what they mean.

Here's a screen:

Xm9ft.jpg

2. Is there any way i can control the way my companions level up?

3. My companion has Pick Locks, and i dont. How do i make him do it?

4. If i equip a companion with a throwing weapon, like say grenades, will he switch to a secondary weap when he runs out of grenades?

Hope i'm not being too noobish here.

-Rumpole

I'm going to play along:

1. The two lines below are experience metres. When the lower lines fills up, the big red line gets another segment. When the big red line fills up, you gain a level.

2. Nope.

3. You just do it yourself, and if your other party members have a higher skill, they jump in and scream "Allow me!". There were some subtleties to this system, but I can't remember everything right now.

4. Don't know, as I've never done that. I think so, though. When you equip them with bows and they run out of arrows, they switch to another weapon.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
jesus christ - why are you back you horrible creature.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jason said:
Who, Kosmo? Do you have something against spics?
That's the fake?

God I almost had a heart attack there.

Kosmo, I think you're a cool guy, but don't you EVER pull off that shit again without warning, d'ya hear?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Kron said:
Still no reply from the new forum member.

Such a mystery...

Maybe he's timid and the hatred of the Codex scared him away?

Sceptic said:
Jason said:
That's the fake?

Kosmo, I think you're a cool guy, but don't you EVER pull off that shit again without warning, d'ya hear?
Sorry, I fucked up my Kosmonaut account and now I can't log in. I'm gonna use this account in the mean time.

Or maybe I can use either my fake Clockwork Knight or Wyrmlord accounts. Can't decide.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
­Schattenjäger said:
Sceptic said:
Jason said:
That's the fake?

Sorry, I fucked up my Kosmonaut account and now I can't log in. I'm gonna use this account in the mean time.

Or maybe I can use either my fake Clockwork Knight or Wyrmlord accounts. Can't decide.

Thought you were banned. BTW un-ignore me bitch. It bothers me.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Ok, being serious now - Thanks to those of you who took the time to reply, it cleared some things up.
There's still some things i feel the manual doesnt explain though.
And yeah im a noob. ;)

-Rumpole

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What doesn't the Manual explain?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom