Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcania: Gothic 4 review

Type of review

• Regular (Arcania = shit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comparative (Risen vs Arcania. Discuss!)

• I don't want to read your shitty reviews (Kingcomrade)

• Total voters

bloodlover

Arcane
Regular (Arcania = shit). Imo Arcania has nothing to do with Gothic games or Risen.

It's just another random rpg for console players >.>

Dezzy

Novice
My wife played through the demo. Her words were "it's just like world of warcraft"

She did seem to like it though, and I probably will too. It won't come close to Gothic 2 though. Even Risen was better.

I gotta say though, the game has amazing graphics and art.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alexandros said:
Don't bother comparing it to Risen, they're nothing alike. Fable would be a better choice.

I only played the Risen demo, and based on demos alone it's a lot closer to Risen than it is to Fable. The Arcania demo was in fact much better than the Risen demo. :smug:

a budda

Arbiter
Twinfalls said:
Official JoWood ArCaNiA review template:

e8c9aa16.jpg

make a list of worthy sigth-seeing spots
i'd like to have at least a nice walk in the woods if it's crap

Alexandros said:
Don't bother comparing it to Risen, they're nothing alike. Fable would be a better choice.

At least Fable's enemies notice when you strafe around them and sit there for a minute.

Arcania's just keep up trying to hit the air.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fragonard said:
flabbyjack said:
The Golden age of German RPGs is over.
Perhaps with one last echo in the Nehrim TC for Oblivion.

Also Risen. You know, the game by the guys who actually know how to make a Gothic game...

The problem with G4 is that it's made by a dev without any experience in making RPGs... *and* it's published by JoWood.

Deleted member 7219

flabbyjack said:
Don't compare to previous titles. Arcania is obviously nothing like any other Gothic game. The Golden age of German RPGs is over.

What a moronic thing to say. PB have only just got into their stride. You played Risen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom