Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Arcadian Atlas: FFT/Tactics Ogre inspired RPG

Modron

Arcane
Another month another update same trailer from earlier in this thread minus the introduction.
Arcadian Atlas June 2022 Update
Hey there, folks! Welcome to Arcadian Updates, where we share super cool updates for Arcadian Atlas that the Twin Otter team are working on, including new maps, classes, mechanics, and much more! We'll have more to share as time goes on, so follow along and check it out!

New Gameplay Trailer
ICYMI: Earlier this month we revealed a brand new gameplay trailer for Arcadian Atlas! Get a better look at the game’s mechanics, characters, and story (and Poncho!) in our latest sneak preview. We also announced the release window for Arcadian Atlas: Summer 2023! While it's a slight delay, it's allowed our team time to deliver one of the biggest fan requests below! We thank our passionate community for their love, support, and feedback throughout the development process and look forward to sharing even more about the game as we near release.

War has begun. To save Arcadia will require perfect strategy, the latest gear, and friends at your side. The time to gather your perfect team is now. The Atlas is about to awaken.

Mouse Control
You've spoken, and we've listened! The Twin Otter team has spent the last two months lovingly crafting FULL MOUSE CONTROL on Arcadian Atlas. Behold the mouse-y goodness throughout cutscenes, the overworld, battles, and while managing all your troops for the first time ever. Mouse is now fully supported (and our new favorite way to play!) across the entire game, so now you can experience the deep tactical battles, riveting story, and lovable characters of Arcadian Atlas from the comfort of your gaming chair!

3f2cd9ba3c5e1295821bc84f982b11786df62e6b.gif

311f779910f37d25430e2d14890ea17aa5c96b38.gif

799298b7829d9a892ea2619ed8c78b55d866068a.gif

c9b35243e303a9f9085c3e6173235ba48f493671.gif

We're insanely excited as the story cutscenes near completion, with all your favorites like Poncho, Lucretia, Fennic, and of course Vashti getting hundreds of custom animations to bring them to life! Advanced Class Skill implementation is nearly complete, along with some strategically crazy abilities mixing up the battlefield and laying deadly traps. We're nearing the time when Arcadian Atlas is finally in everyone's hands!

We can't wait to show off more as we enter July! Stay tuned for more on our socials!

Twin Otter:

Game Website

Twitter

Discord

Serenity Forge:

Website

Store Page

Twitter

Facebook

Discord

https://steamcommunity.com/games/691790/announcements/detail/3328738190598020675

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've changed a lot, too. Now I spend the bulk of my free time fishing, boating, camping, or hiking when it isn't winter, because the wilderness, rivers, lakes, and fish are just as good as they were when I was a kid, whereas computer games definitely aren't.
That was July 2021. Here we are in July 2022, a year later, and I've got a nice week-long lake vacation scheduled this coming August; later this month, we'll do a weekend-long float down a major river, stopping ashore to camp for the night on Saturday evening.

Just wait until the third 2 in 2022 turns into a 3.
ss+(2022-07-08+at+10.17.25).png

Perhaps by 2023 they'll have an all-new trailer!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Member how this game somehow put booker guy grom bioshock infinite in the game? Lmao that literally came out of fucking nowhere, unless it was april fools joke i missed somehow.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've changed a lot, too. Now I spend the bulk of my free time fishing, boating, camping, or hiking when it isn't winter, because the wilderness, rivers, lakes, and fish are just as good as they were when I was a kid, whereas computer games definitely aren't.
That was July 2021. Here we are in July 2022, a year later, and I've got a nice week-long lake vacation scheduled this coming August; later this month, we'll do a weekend-long float down a major river, stopping ashore to camp for the night on Saturday evening.

Just wait until the third 2 in 2022 turns into a 3.
View attachment 26039

Perhaps by 2023 they'll have an all-new trailer!
What's 8 years between friends?

Modron

Arcane
Here comes the July showing off wading and the near completion of all story scenes.
Arcadian Atlas July 2022 Update
Hey there, folks! Welcome to Arcadian Updates, where we share super cool updates for Arcadian Atlas that the Twin Otter team are working on, including new maps, classes, mechanics, and much more! We'll have more to share as time goes on, so follow along and check it out!

Darmouthe Bridge
0c3d6b4e32e2dd26c8e940eaf9a5337b7337c1b7.png

Once a main thoroughfare for Dantalion troops against foreign invaders, those wars have been long forgotten alongside Darmouthe Bridge. Overgrown and barely traveled except by brigands and mages fleeing persecution, the bridge is now a haunt as much as the fortresses it once connected.

But when Lucretia's rising army begins searching for new places to recruit, those fortresses just might gain new uses - and Darmouthe Bridge may hear the clatter of swords and shields once more.

Included in the below screenshot of a battle on Darmouthe Bridge is a sneak peek at water traversal. Adding an entirely new dimension to the battlefield, water traversal allows you to expand your strategy and engage enemies from unique angles.

5b47df49f9b6393598e7505776d8cfa892d202a1.png

Story Cutscenes
As we mentioned in the June Update, we are nearing completion of the story cutscenes. Featuring over 1000 custom character animations, the drama and humor facing Arcadia is brimming with life. We have added hundreds of additional VFX to flesh out the intricate story of political turmoil and arcane forces. Dynamically scripted music has also been added to cutscenes, perfectly synced with dramatic or humorous story moments to enhance the atmosphere and strong character motifs. Arcadian Atlas takes place across a great variety of environments and locations, including snow-laden fields, busy taverns, weathered bridges, desert encampments, and secluded monasteries (some of which can be seen in the below screenshots).

81ee98f8ee7345adc3adc8dcf455bebb4003eb65.png

a49f3c7ba384e29244aee2b6cc90ace98ccc7168.png

a32ca3291833993fb10ad90158fa489574309166.png
https://steamcommunity.com/games/691790/announcements/detail/3407554354313081701

Modron

Arcane
Another month another update, discussing PAX west demoing. Sounds like beta kickstarter backers have been playing stuff as well.
Arcadian Atlas August 2022 Update

PAX West 2022
b3722cf0ec723f1a2ee0e7a0c6d0f045a82df558.jpg

Arcadian Atlas will be playable at PAX West! Stop by the Serenity Forge booth (757) to check out our demo. If you can’t make it to PAX, we’ve got you covered! In this month’s update we will break down the demo and its features.

a67135a3b0da602b801e6c5c6be4858c56eb7b73.jpg

The demo includes two battles, the first of which takes place at Waite Ruins (pictured above). Vashti, Desmond, and Eda have a brief run in with Fennic before Poncho joins their team and they find themselves fighting off a group of Warmancer thugs. Test your strategic skills as you select your units and enter combat with both melee and ranged tactics!

3a77d66dc989d60983aa4652f25e66b64f45d37d.jpg

Outside of battle, you can visit town to recruit new units and build out your party. You can also upgrade your units or buy stronger equipment to unlock their full potential on the battlefield.

9e520974af085dafec4db856581f52a09b1364d5.jpg

The second battle occurs in the town of Amblemere. Vashti, Desmond, Eda, Poncho, and Annalise once again encounter Fennic. This time he has run into Lucretian soldiers who would like to forcibly conscript him into their army (pictured above). Once your party has dispatched the Lucretian soldiers, you are faced with a major decision that will shape the game’s story.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/691790/announcements/detail/3260064003799019907

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
part of festival. Wow, it sucks
Elaborate, especially compared to recent games in the samw genre like fell seal/triangle/TO reborn
dunno what those names mean, your mother too

early presentation sucks. I hope you like to wait 5min for single sentence of tragic backstory to appear. And hit spaces many times. And writing is just so bad, true, I dont play jrpgs often.
But somehow I did endure. Combat did start and wow, controls suck big time. Couldnt be bothered to finish this 1st encounter as it was just too tedious and I was already annoyed.
You dont seem to create any characters in your rooster, shame as it means you cant pick up sprites/portrait either.

Squidhead

Educated
This looks awful and makes me wish Square would just remaster FF Tactics before I die. Nobody wants these shitty homages, these garbage love letters. We want Dr Pepper, not Dr Thunder.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone else try it? Not that I don't trust lukaszek but I think a sample size greater than 1 would give me more perspective.

And my perspective on 8 years is this: I put Himeko Sutori on Kickstarter at the same time Arcadian Atlas was on there. After my $11,000 Kickstarter, in 8 years I produced an actual video game and now I'm mostly finished with my next one. These guys made, what, about $90,000 on Kickstarter. And they're just now approaching a demo.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone else try it? Not that I don't trust lukaszek but I think a sample size greater than 1 would give me more perspective.

And my perspective on 8 years is this: I put Himeko Sutori on Kickstarter at the same time Arcadian Atlas was on there. After my $11,000 Kickstarter, in 8 years I produced an actual video game and now I'm mostly finished with my next one. These guys made, what, about $90,000 on Kickstarter. And they're just now approaching a demo.
I have it downloaded, but haven't made time for it yet. I was one of the saps who kickstarted it, so I'm preparing to rip this band aid off. I'm not sure I'm ready for yet more disappointment and irritation regarding this project.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't really eat a lot of store-bought cereal anymore, but I used to eat a lot of generic cereal, and it's just as good as the name-brand stuff. I think Grape-Nuts was the only stuff I never found a good substitute for.

I just now read Blaine 's tag. "Cis-Het Oppressor." I remember the first time reading the word "cishet" and thinking "Sis-shet? Is it French? Maybe sis-shay?" I would have been perfectly fine never knowing that the perverts invented a word that means "normal."

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko if you like the HD-2D aesthetic and you like tactical RPGs, you should look more into Triangle Strategy. From what I've heard so far, at least you'll be less disappointed by Triangle Strategy than by Arcadian Atlas. And have you played Final Fantasy Tactics lately? Its age is definitely showing. New games in the genre are a good thing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just now read Blaine 's tag. "Cis-Het Oppressor." I remember the first time reading the word "cishet" and thinking "Sis-shet? Is it French? Maybe sis-shay?" I would have been perfectly fine never knowing that the perverts invented a word that means "normal."

Based and animepilled :hero:

Modron

Arcane
It finally has a release date and it's a month from now: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/691790/view/3675548335167401173

Official Release Date Announcement!
If you were wondering what all our Advanced Class highlights were building up to - wonder no more!

We're finally ready to reveal the official release date of Arcadian Atlas on Steam!

Release Date Reveal Trailer
Why are you even reading still?! Click to watch the trailer you gorgeous people you!

If you haven't yet: don't forget to wishlist here on Steam!

Arcadian Atlas

This will keep you notified about the game going live, news, and upcoming announcements!

Save The Date: July 27th, 2023
After a wild ride together, Arcadian Atlas is officially launching on Steam July 27th and we couldn't be more excited to see our passion project in the hands of the people!

The story of Lucretia's struggle for the crown, Annalise's search for power in a world that's only marginalized her, and of course Vashti and Desmond's fight to hold onto each other - and their humanity - through it all have become so much more to us than the sum of its parts. And then there's Poncho. Dear, sweet, furry Poncho - you've stolen our hearts, and probably our wallets.

3530ec7e8f0f95b41c93e59ca41f86d375e6fa7d.png

The prospect of seeing others share in the tense tactical battles, enjoy the rich character-driven narrative, and delve into their min/maxing fantasies through hundreds of skills, item combinations, and tomes of lore is on the forefront of our minds and hearts as the next month brings us closer to release.

Vinyl Soundtrack Preorders Open
We're also extremely excited to announce our first physical good collaboration with Moritz's German Wahnsinn Studio for a vinyl soundtrack! You can find the preorder page HERE.

And a rendering of the final product below:

72c26aaf3bed7d357d7a24f7b08f9b229a8875e2.png

Jinn

Arcane
They managed to drain every ounce of interest I ever had in this for various reasons.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Demo turned me off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom