Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apocalypse: so fun it's worth repeating - Let's play SMT III

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I shall miss this LP. :love:

Congratulations for finishing it and I hope you will do another one at some point. :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
:thumbsup: :love: That's how you truly break a game. And with that, Reggie becomes one of the most powerful entities in the Megaten universe and marches forward to kill God. Awesome, still, I think it lacks something.

ultimatesmug.jpg

There, fixed.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:love: :love: :love:
:love:
gateGuardian.png
:love:
:love: :love: :love:

Still, the fact that this LP will be no more makes me go all
:x

So you better start a new one soon.
:rpgcodex:

All in all, :salute: and :love:, o powerful one.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Congrats Kalos! Good job! :thumbsup:

That was one impressive LP. And now I don't have to play that game :smug:

I need an advice. What other Shin Megami Tensei games for ps2, with minimal amount of bullshit (like the one in Strange Journey) are there that you would recommend?

lightbane

Arcane
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 plus the first two Persona games (although these are for the PS1). Avoid Persona 3/4, these are dating sims with a bit of plot and lots of angst (yes, like Bioware is doing but much worse).

spekkio

Arcane
pcsx2r31132011012221261.jpg

:yeah:

That was a great and fun ride, my undead friend...
Not only russian veterans:

91538870110772805842.jpg

But even sisters from Ukraine salute you!

37866016979294212240.jpg

I'm already looking forward to your next project. You know you want to do this...

10036506957802615199.jpg

69006584324938171872.jpg

:smug:

But for now:

:salute:

KalosKagathos

Learned
Mrowak said:
I need an advice. What other Shin Megami Tensei games for ps2, with minimal amount of bullshit (like the one in Strange Journey) are there that you would recommend?
Here's a quick overview:

Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 - the combat system is identical to Nocturne, but the party size is down to 3. This actually makes things more interesting. There's no fusion at all, skills are learned from Magatama-like Mantras. Bosses are really fun, especially optional ones.

Persona 3 & 4 - meh. Characters don't fight as an organized party (extra actions can only be spent by the character they were earned by). The fusion system is decent. Both are very story-heavy, which probably isn't a very good thing, since the quality of writing is rather questionable. Dungeons are incredibly repetitive. I'd try 4, the better of the two. If you like it, give 3 a go. If you hate it, don't come anywhere near 3.

Raidou Kuzunoha games - pretty fun, if a bit easy, action/RPGs. The only Megaten titles other than Nocturne where you fuse demons that fight alongside you. The setting is interesting: the late 20s of the twentieth century. The mood varies heavily between the two games: the first one is highly light-hearted and intentionally silly. The second one is much darker, but not in the blood and tits way. They aren't actually very good games: a lot of mechanics are rather poorly thought out or implemented, especially in the first one. Despite this, I like them a lot. I'm not even sure why. Must be the art direction and music.

Decide for yourself which sounds more interesting.

spekkio said:
I'm already looking forward to your next project. You know you want to do this...
Of course I do. Just look at dem sideburns!

Elzair

Cipher
This is hands down the best Nocturne LP on the Internet! Unfortunately, the images do not display anymore. Can you fix them?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Unfortunately, Kalos seems no longer to be with us, unless he's posting with an alt I'm not aware of. So, the chances of him updating the images are very slim.

This was indeed a great LP though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom