Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AOD Release Date and the nature of Indie Projects

BearBomber

Scholar
They gratly improved the game. Now NPC seems to have more character, since all important ones have their own faces. Great success. VD.

Voodoo Daddy

Novice
BearBomber said:
>>>When does reading became forgotten skill?

>>>You are a faggot, sad but true.

On a topic: I can't help it. AoD and Fallout looks as simmilar as Diablo and any of it's clones. I don't state that it's something bad, and I'm also looking forward to the AoD Release, so AoD fanboys can hopefully STFU and don't behave like typical Biowhore fangott.

Oh, I get it. You're a troll. My apologies, I didn't read through the past 10 pages and just looked at some of your more recent stuff.

>>>How can you be tired of innovation? In this genre there hasn't been any innovation for years, only decline and people who tries to stop it.

You're confusing innovation with bad innovation. You're also confusing gameplay innovation with setting innovation. In fact, you're just confused, and probably sitting there scratching your head in bewilderment.

"They gratly improved the game. Now NPC seems to have more character, since all important ones have their own faces. Great success. VD.

Translation: "Well, I can no longer troll. Time to save face!"

Melcar

Arcane
Trolls flinging crap at each other. The battle for supremacy. I wouldn't even torrent that shit.
The portraits are awesome, but they still need some "tweaking" for them to fit with the interface. As it is they just look alien to the whole game. And by the way, when is the demo coming out?

BearBomber

Scholar
Oh, I get it. You're a troll. My apologies, I didn't read through the past 10 pages and just looked at some of your more recent stuff.

Oh, you are retarded. Didn't have to read any of your posts besides this one, duh.

You're confusing innovation with bad innovation. You're also confusing gameplay innovation with setting innovation. In fact, you're just confused, and probably sitting there scratching your head in bewilderment.

And you're confusing innovation with bending genres together and calling that a new thing. I don't know how retarded you have to be to call same old shit the "bad innovation".

Translation: "Well, I can no longer troll. Time to save face!"

Translation for retards: unlike most of the fanboys I don't bash the game mercilessly, or pretend that it's the best thing since sliced bread. I know that the concept I'm going to present can be too much for you to understand, but focus and try: game can have uninnovative mechanic and good portraits at the same time. Note that I haven't said that AoD will suck, but that it's similar to Fallout at the first look, it you keep reading other people's posts you'll notice that people can make different statements than "OMG THIS GAME ROCKS, BEST GAME EVER, I LOVE DEVELOPER" and "ZOMG THAT GAME SUCKS AND EVERYBODY WHO MADE IT SHOULD ROT IN HELL".

Voodoo Daddy

Novice
BearBomber said:
And you're confusing innovation with bending genres together and calling that a new thing. I don't know how retarded you have to be to call same old shit the "bad innovation".

I'll just focus on this because the rest of your post is incomprehensible crap.

I told you that you would be confused. Bending genres together and calling that a new thing is innovation if it hasn't been done before. In most cases it's bad innovation. More bad innovation - RTwP, most crafting systems, Mass Effect's dialog system, lockpicking minigames, quest compass, etc. I don't know how retarded you have to be to defend the wrong definition of words and adamantly refuse to go look up what they really mean.

bat_boro

Arcane
So, VD, when will you be able to talk about that super sikrit!1! project with that professional developer involved or is it still too early yet?

BearBomber

Scholar
I'll just focus on this because the rest of your post is incomprehensible crap.

>>>Try harder.
I told you that you would be confused. Bending genres together and calling that a new thing is innovation if it hasn't been done before. In most cases it's bad innovation.

>>>Innovation means "creating something new", game designers are not creating anything new, they are doing same old shit over and over again. And genre-bending has been done many years ago. Merging action games and RPGs is also old as hell, I can't see how they are innovative by combining the same genres over and over again.

More bad innovation - RTwP

Created in 1998.

most crafting systems

That stuff was already in Ultima.

Mass Effect's dialog system

They've just changed interface a little, that's not an innovation. And besides that in many adventure games (which were combined with RPGs many times before) character speak more than is visible where you chose your answer.

lockpicking minigames

Were already in Thief. And Gothic which was released in 2001.

quest compass

Was in the first GTA game.

mvBarracuda

Augur
The thread is simply too large to read all the posts. I'm surprised how much unconstructive feedback and advice VD gets around here. You guys should try to have a stab at game development yourself to see why AoD is currently still in the works and not released yet.

I'm still looking forward to the game and waiting patiently :)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
antidas2.jpg

Sean Bean

linos2b.jpg

Richard O'Brien

made

Arcane
Looks good. Those remind me of the digitized celebs in Lazarus. Now it's time to redo the rest of the game from the ground up to match the quality of the portraits!

Jim Cojones

Prophet
mvBarracuda said:
You guys should try to have a stab at game development yourself to see why AoD is currently still in the works and not released yet.
Oh, we know that already. Vince and co. are:
- lazy bastards who don't want to work 24 hours a day,
- greedy bastards who don't want to share the money with more co-workers,
- greedy bastards who don't want to quit their jobs to have much more time for AoD,
- liars who claim that making a game isn't easy,
- graphic whores who change engine all the time and add unnecessary improvements like better looking interface or portraits,
- more of PR staff than real developers - I could swear they don't do anything but talk how sweet AoD will be on Codex and ITS forums or giving <s>journalists blow jobs</s> interviews,
- psychos who claim games as finished and polished as KoTOR2 or Arcanum weren't ready to release,
- apologists who think not having any experience is good explanation for delays - yeah, right.

bat_boro

Arcane
inwoker said:
In before VD will implement talking heads and voiceovers.

What? You mean AoD will not have voice overs? And I will be forced to read all that text? Where is the immershun in that?

THIS GAEM SUXX!1!!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Helton said:
Yo game so late like, seriously, nigger late.
My professors actually get away with mentioning something called Caribbean Time, which is 5-10 minutes slower than normal time because Caribbeans always arrive to class late.

Voodoo Daddy

Novice
Melcar said:
Mexican time is like an hour slower.

That's why if you list Mexican as your nationality all your classes appear to be an hour earlier on your schedule.

bhlaab

Erudite
Voodoo Daddy said:
Melcar said:
Mexican time is like an hour slower.

That's why if you list Mexican as your nationality all your classes appear to be an hour earlier on your schedule.

And your Anthropology Lab is labelled Siesta (1:20 pm - 2:40 pm)

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
@Vault Dweller
I gotta ask you. Are voiceovers completely beyond the scope of your project? I mean not full-blown VOs but something like in PST?
Won't it be possible to VO some major lines?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom