Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD February update

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Kosmonaut, there was never any estimate date given you idiot. It was always "when its done" and sometimes "we hope it will be soon". Shut the fuck up or at least come up with some less blatantly stupid lies.
its not that your even convincing anyone, you just make yourself seem like a moron.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2453.0.html

Vince said:
Short version: the wait is almost over; the demo will be released in 2 weeks.

Posted more than 3 weeks ago.

Hiver, I think you owe someone an apology.
Yeah. I was talking about the demo. But this applies in general, not just to the demo but the final game too. I don't think is wise to give estimated release dates, specially with a game that is almost obsessively polished. Obviously, that's just my opinion.

But it seems that Hiver is so dumb that he needs a quest compass to even understand that. Probably my fault, as I posted:

Release date for demo/final game?

And that's the only thing that the Hiver "The Pile of Feces" read.

hiver

jeez it so hard to talk to the stupid.

Those "two weeks" was not a "it will come out on 15.03" or whatever date.
If you two fucks had a brain... but you dont.

It was a way to tell the people that a time frame they are really looking at. But quality of content will always, in their case, supersede the fucking exact date, you dumbfucks. As it should be. As it was from beginning.
And i guess asking that you correlate my argument there with this blatant support non the less should tell you something.

Who gives a fuck what you two cretins think? Do you see that nobody is crying about it except you two and one more random moron from time to time, and everyone sees it as stupid shallow trolling. Thats all.
Youre both two god damn cretins. Walking ridicules. You just keep proving it again and again. Youre like extra stupid skyway clones for fuck sake.
Youre both on my ignore list and you never ever once posted anything to make me think i should change that... and i dont give a fuck what that means to you. It actually means youre irredeemable morons.

-god dammit- yes you turds i sometimes click that "show ignored content" link always thinking "lets see what the morons added now... who knows, maybe some of them will write something no matter how insignificant that wont be a disgrace to read?"

And it never happens.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
To clarify:

The announcement meant that we are done fucking around with the game and are ready to release it. It was based on an assumption that 2 weeks will be enough to sort out the issues. We certainly could have stuck with the 2 weeks deadline, released the game and let the players deal with bugs and issues. The major issues are gone, but there are issues that may come up under certain conditions that weren't reported before. We're almost done though, so won't be long now.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
To clarify:

The announcement meant that we are done fucking around with the game and are ready to release it. It was based on an assumption that 2 weeks will be enough to sort out the issues. We certainly could have stuck with the 2 weeks deadline, released the game and let the players deal with bugs and issues. The major issues are gone, but there are issues that may come up under certain conditions that weren't reported before. We're almost done though, so won't be long now.
:bravo:

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
You would think that I'm just trolling (well, maybe a little), but I actually want to play the demo. I just think that this things should be announced when everything is really done.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
jeez it so hard to talk to the stupid.

Those "two weeks" was not a "it will come out on 15.03" or whatever date.
If you two fucks had a brain... but you dont.

It was a way to tell the people that a time frame they are really looking at.

It was just a jab to the usual pattern in AoD demos: giving an estimate date and missing it. It's not the first time, and my opinion is just that it would be more convenient if they just don't give estimates. It's just that. You could understand i you fuck had a brain... but you don't.

But quality of content will always, in their case, supersede the fucking exact date, you dumbfucks. As it should be. As it was from beginning.
And i guess asking that you correlate my argument there with this blatant support non the less should tell you something.
Oh thank you Captain Obvious. What an original and insightful comment you have there. I would have never imagined that they don't release because all the bug fixing and balancing. :roll: This has been commented by the very same VD, Oscar and everybody else, cretin. Nobody contest that it's the correct thing. I just wonder why don't they wait until all the bugs have been reported an fixed to make the announcements.

Who gives a fuck what you two cretins think? Do you see that nobody is crying about it except you two and one more random moron from time to time, and everyone sees it as stupid shallow trolling. Thats all.
Youre both two god damn cretins. Walking ridicules. You just keep proving it again and again. Youre like extra stupid skyway clones for fuck sake.
Youre both on my ignore list and you never ever once posted anything to make me think i should change that... and i dont give a fuck what that means to you. It actually means youre irredeemable morons.

-god dammit- yes you turds i sometimes click that "show ignored content" link always thinking "lets see what the morons added now... who knows, maybe some of them will write something no matter how insignificant that wont be a disgrace to read?"
And it never happens.

Funny how I'm in your ignore list, yet keeping posting and posting and answering whenever I troll . You just can't control yourself right? Just keep me on your ignore list, I know is difficult for you but... Don't click that link to show hidden content. I know you can.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Now for something completely different: I'm totally astonished by those beta testers. I obviously only have an outsider's perspective but they seem to be the most dedicated ones I've ever 'seen'. Major :bro: to them.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Sorry if it's been already answered, but I was just wondering what is the status of the other parts of AoD (those not shown in demo). Is the content ready yet? And the next couple of months (or whatever) will be spent on tweaking, balancing and polishing? Or is it still mostly "on paper"?

Anyway, looking forward to demo release!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Everything is there, but needs heavy tweaking. We've posted plenty of shots from the other parts of the game (the Maadoran arena district from the combat demo, the temple, the tower of Zamedi, some settlements, etc).

Now we need to apply everything that we did in Teron based on the testers' feedback to the rest of the game.

revealer

Augur
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2453.195.html

This is what we have been working on the past weeks:

Fixes:

- You can't make a deal with the guards after accepting the deal with Flavius.
- When beaten up by the raiders after a failed CS check your current HP is lowered too.
- Fixed issue with reputation change when talking with Sohrab after the fight in HD1.
- Properly removed the tube in the mine when it's used.
- Fixed issue with kebab seller.
- You can no longer equip opposite gender clothing.
- Fixed huge lag affecting ranged characters.
- Fixed some bad passability in the bandit camp.
- Fixed persuasion/trading check in IG3.
- Antidas now properly gives a ring when pleased with your oath.
- You can now show the jellyfish artifact to Feng.
- Fixed several issues with Miltiades fight.
- In the warehouse fight in TG2, there is no longer a thief in the void.
- Fixed lots of issues with the Palace infiltration text adventure.
- Fixed problem with the mine sequence when you killed the workers inside in one go.
- It's not longer at night if you fail the first sneak check and go back to Teron.
- Fixed issue with objects in the second floor of buildings highlighting the cursor.
- Fixed issue with the spies house being invisible.
- Fixed camera issues when starting fights in the infiltration.
- Fixed the AG2 sequence in which you join the IG. You can now meet Carrinas and go to IG3.
- Fixed issue in AG1 when you escape with the spy.
- Fulvio no longer disappears when loading a savegame in AG3.
- Looting in drifter vignette now has the proper background.
- The map buttons now work with one click.
- You properly kill the guard with the critical strike in the kebab sidequest.
- Killing the kebab thief with the weapon strike nets you SP and bodycount.
- Fixed issue with CS+DEX check in assassins vignette.
- Some Daratan guards that were not giving SP when killed in IG3 now do.
- Killing Flavius in the infiltration doesn't call the guards if Antidas gave you a pardon.
- Fixed problem with the healer camera if you had less than 80% HP.
- Fixed issue in TG1 with the bribe to the guards.
- Killing the merc in TG3 with CS gives bodycount and a cs point.
- Fixed problem of firing through walls.
- Fixed problem of arrows always hitting dodgers in close range.
- Fixed several "walk to object" issues.
- Fixed problem with NPCs losing sight of the player in combat.
- Fixed issue in IG2 in which you didn't get the proper attack on the tower if failed the charisma check.
- Now the guy with the big shield stays back in IG2, as intended.
- Fixed crash at the beggining of AG3.
- If you passed the charisma check in IG2 and went up to the tower, you get a proper reaction from the Centurion when you get back.
- Now using doors and stairs in combat properly deducts AP.
- Fixed characters not turning to impale attack, and have their weapon floating around them when impaled.
- Fixed crashes from using resolutions smaller than 768 height.
- Fixed inconsistency in mine endings when Antidas is killed.
- Improved and corrected lots of texts.
- Fixed some issues in the pop-up for the trading and looting screen.

Changes:

- You can ask for more gold in the prator vignette.
- Trading doesn't affect price so much. Went from (selling/buying) 25%/200% to 50%/150% at the lowest level.
- Decomposing an item now gives 30% at 0, 10% at 100, instead of 25%/5%.
- The kebab thief no longer gives SP if you do nothing.
- You can no longer drop the map.
- Rebalanced weight and price of items, removing exploits with crafting.
- Pressing m now opens the map screen.
- The armor you can get in the TA is made of iron.
- Pledging your allegiance to Antidas now gives a trait and reputation changes.
- Now crafting techniques levels are tied to the metal.
- When you go back to the tower cellar, you can directly fix the pump if you already found it.
- Lighten armor now has 2 levels (60 and 100), and requires steel and blue steel, respectively.
- Leather armors don't have the hardened upgrade anymore.
- Now slaves attack with spiked clubs at the barricaded mine.
- Dellar has steel armor now.
- Lowered the difficulty of IG3 fight a little.
- Changed squatter stats.
- Increased refugees entrance levy to 150.
- Now guards check if you killed civilian characters.
- Inventory and crafting screens are now centered.
- The main gui has a different disposition, now there is a bigger textbox.
- Made some changes to the stats of small daggers and bigger shields.
- The main menu now has finished artwork.
- The mercenary and assassin in the vignettes are now harder.
- Neleos is positioned differently in the AG3 fight.
- Made Skeggox a mid tier axe.
- Lower chance of counter-attack by blockers.
- Moved some things around in the interior of the IG2 tower.

Improvements:

- Now the loading screen occupies the whole screen.
- Trees and grass now have wind movement.
- Better fiting character creation screen for higher resolutions.
- Added option to climb the wall after failing sneak in the thief vignette.
- Optimized shadow rendering and several models, improving performance.
- Improved the letters in the main menu.
- Added a path to join Carrinas in HD2.
- Now Antidas has different reactions in IG3 depending on your relationship with him.
- Added some more tips to the character creation screen.
- Improved the map of Teron.
- Made a sign for the Healer's house.
- Added more sound emitters.
- Added more filler NPCs.
- Improved the look of the grass.
- Started adding different music in some situations (check IG3).
- More animations for vegetation.
- Added especial text for when you die in combat, depending on the context of the fight.
- You get the option to dress as a loremaster as you approach the mine.
- You now get a nice talk with the guards if you kill the guard in the kebab quest.
- Improved the AI of archers for the IG2 fight.
- Added new options screen with more configurations.
- Added more music.
- Added some dialogue sounds for critical strikes.
- Added AoD icon to the application executable.
- Starting adding support for resolutions between 600 and 768 height.
- Made lots of improvements to the trading and loot screens.
- Added crucified men models.
- Added the help screen.

hiver

- Trees and grass now have wind movement.
- Improved the look of the grass.
- More animations for vegetation.
:P

nah, nah... just kidding.
it one f`ing impressive list, especially in such a short time.

- You now get a nice talk with the guards if you kill the guard in the kebab quest.
I have a feeling i know what expressions that talk is going to have. Im just not sure will they talk to my kidneys or my liver.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
:bounce:

Also:

[...]
- Properly removed the tube in the mine when it's used.
- Fixed issue with kebab seller.
- You can no longer equip opposite gender clothing.
- Fixed huge lag affecting ranged characters.
- Fixed some bad passability in the bandit camp.
[...]

No tranny option?

hiver

The most impressive vapourware, ever!
Yeah, i mean there is trolling and then there is professional trolling. andhaira, bryce, drog and all others combined into one cant even compare!
Once the real truth goes out it will be like a cosmic shock of derp... at the least.

Best vapourware ever, Oscar guaranteed.

hiver

They didnt give a release date... thats the part of the plan!

Butt Rhetler

Learned
Maybe I worded my post a little harshly. "Full of shit" is unnecessarily rude for what was meant to be constructive criticism. I'm just a bit frustrated is all. This game has been nearing completion for years now. I first heard about it when I was about 19 and I'm 25 now. I feel as if I have grown up waiting for this game. It's not even how long it's taking that bugs me, it's that you keep pretending it's close to release.

So the demo's late. On it's own that wouldn't be a thing, only remember the combat demo? IIRC there were several missed deadlines on that one as well. Just quit with the announcements, you're making yourselves look incompetent.

hiver

Consumers, eh?

edit-
Looks over the list of latest fixes and improvements - looks over butthead post again...

- do you really want me to tell you what you deserve for that "OPINION" butthead?

/
Few days more guys. Find something to occupy yourselves with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom