Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AOD combat demo coming out this month for sure

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Vince says so:

The demo will be released in Dec no matter what. If we won't be able to get the sounds working on time, we'll release the demo as is and add the sounds later in a patch.

There you have it. It's official. The demo will be available at 11:59 PM on Demember 31.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Occasionally Fatal said:
i for one welcome our soundless combat demo.
I agree, it'll be nice to get our hands on something before the 5 years of polishing that's sure to come out of critiques of the demo once it's released.

Jora

Arcane
Update regarding sounds:
Vince said:
Everyone's working on sounds now.

Edit: we've tested it, everything seems to be working fine. The issue is the quality of free sounds. The right thing to do would be to hire a sound engineer, but it would take awhile. So as a temporary measure we bought a decent sound pack (almost 500 different sounds), which covers 80% of what we need. Now we're going through different sound sites and looking for the remaining 20%.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Fucking awesome. I'm glad we'll finally see the fruits of all of VD and co's hard work and labor. I for one salute them for the effort, glorious as it is. To see them have come so far already, and as beginners to the industry also.

Truly, it says something to the tenacity and desire of VD and the others, as they have already come so far. I think we are fortunate that they have not hit the proverbial wall regarding the ability to continue with development of what is hopefully shaping up to be a rather enlightening and fulfilling gaming experience. I believe we shall be blessed with many a great memory once this game is released.

I salute them, for imagining the idea and for following through with it's creation.

Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Major_Blackhart said:
Fucking awesome. I'm glad we'll finally see the fruits of all of VD and co's hard work and labor. I for one salute them for the effort, glorious as it is. To see them have come so far already, and as beginners to the industry also.

Truly, it says something to the tenacity and desire of VD and the others, as they have already come so far. I think we are fortunate that they have not hit the proverbial wall regarding the ability to continue with development of what is hopefully shaping up to be a rather enlightening and fulfilling gaming experience. I believe we shall be blessed with many a great memory once this game is released.

I salute them, for imagining the idea and for following through with it's creation.
Thanks for the kind words, Major.

laclongquan said:
Definitely the coming Thursday, no shit! Honest!
I'm not sure when exactly the demo will be released but definitely within a month or two. Stay tuned!

Derper

Prophet
Vault Dweller said:
I'm not sure when exactly the demo will be released but definitely within a month or two. Stay tuned!
Dude, the topic says something else, you must be wrong.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Things change, unfortunately. Trust me, I regret it much more than you do.

obediah

Erudite
Jim Cojones said:
Vault Dweller said:
laclongquan said:
Definitely the coming Thursday, no shit! Honest!
Do you really believe you'll be able to convert it to Unreal Engine within one-two months? Good luck, sir.

lol, that's pretty funny. Although, given the history my laugh is a nervous one.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Vault Dweller, you ruin my day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom