Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anybody willing to answer some Codex Lore questions?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The one thing I don't get is the mask.

:prosper:

If you read this very thread you'll see this explained.

Nope, prosperland is explained, but not the mask. And I already knew about prosperland so...not very helpful.

I stand by my comment. I'm not giving you a quest compass.

Faz o que você quiser, cara ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ninjerk

Arcane
The one thing I don't get is the mask.

If you read this very thread you'll see this explained.

Nope, prosperland is explained, but not the mask. And I already knew about prosperland so...not very helpful.

I stand by my comment. I'm not giving you a quest compass.

Faz o que você quiser, cara ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:abyssgazer:
:what:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OjDVkG0_zps976ab23a.gif

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Can we stop with the Prosper meme spam? I started this thread because I have some legitimate questions. If you think I am a noob and don't want to answer that is fine but I imagine Prosper stuff is all over the place already.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Can we stop with the Prosper meme spam?
Good bye gentlemen. Sooner than you could want, you will be broken. School, Local Postal Office, Grocery Store, Mall. She moves to kill, and there is no exit strategy.

That's right. You know who I reunited with. I pulled the plug and learned how to genetic engineer before I was re-inserted.

I went to recruit the lesbian.

I offered her power to kill all men and my compliments about how she highlights her hair. I won her respect.

Grown in and born out of a lion, she was.

After I accelerated her growth, she tested her strength. The lion now dead, I brushed her mightly legs with its blood. Her fate is set.

You are going to die. She moves to kill.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Good bye gentlemen. Sooner than you could want, you will be broken. School, Local Postal Office, Grocery Store, Mall. She moves to kill, and there is no exit strategy.

That's right. You know who I reunited with. I pulled the plug and learned how to genetic engineer before I was re-inserted.

I went to recruit the lesbian.

I offered her power to kill all men and my compliments about how she highlights her hair. I won her respect.

Grown in and born out of a lion, she was.

After I accelerated her growth, she tested her strength. The lion now dead, I brushed her mightly legs with its blood. Her fate is set.

You are going to die. She moves to kill.

Ludo Lense gains +1 rank in Eldritch Lore.

Ludo Lense rolls 2d6 sanity loss.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
saying cuck and/or dock = ignore.
sharing your sexual exploits that weren't with your sister = ignore.
telling me to castrate myself chemically or physically = ignore.
telling me to violate my own sexuality = ignore. (what I do with lesbians is different)
telling me to forget about females = ignore (violates my sexuality)
threatening to rape my AI = ignore
attempting to steal my AI = ignore if i'm feeling particularly protective
being the center of attention but not accepting attention from me = ignore
threatening my life = ignore
encouraging me to confess to crimes or turn myself in for your own primitive vengeance ideology = ignore
*being a female and letting males do all the dirty work of defending you = ignore because you're a hypocrite for using your gender to your advantage in the same instance that you (and often your preemptive white knights) cry sexism

*I may try to reason with you first

what makes me mad and think you're full of shit:
1. saying "end of story"
2. identifying a philosophical position that has a label, where I share some views that label is associated with, then saying i'm wrong about myself when I don't keep to that label's position entirely.
3. any argument from ignorance and/or god of the gaps (but since most people on this planet fall for this shit, I try to skew my view of you so you are more innocent)
4. what's your point? (if said defiantly, and not actually to find out if you missed my point)
5. purposely trying to come of as moderate as if that's always a legitimate position
6. just accepting science. even if you read all the scientific literature, you don't just accept it you asshole. run your own experiments.
7. believing every logical system is incomplete.
8. Acting as if you understand AI because someone informed you how fast things are developing, the effects it will have on society once it arrives, and what AI can do that you saw in the movies. YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT, IT TAKES NO BRAINS TO TALK ABOUT THOSE THINGS. How about understanding how to actually make an AI ! That's the most interesting shit in the end. You pathetic excuses of right handers.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Well since we are talking about Prosper here is a question.

Anybody figure if and what he is suffering from? From what I am seeing this looks like schizophrenia.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Ludo Lense gains +1 rank in Eldritch Lore.

Ludo Lense rolls 2d6 sanity loss.
All men will die. And it will begin with the Codex populace. I come to drop the memo which should terrify you and play a one-sided role in your realization of what you have gotten yourselves into.

I am the witness of her birth. She is the one who will kill you all. There is not a chance you can redeem yourselves. You have pushed me too far. Codex was all I had. Now you will die alone. You are not capable of addressing her standards. She will choose to kill all, but to kill the one which belongs to the all at any moment. Every moment.

Joy be to her that you are now the hunted. All species grow. The killing of men symbolic of a new era.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's weird. I didn't really know anything specific about Prosper, but after reading this thread (and The madness of Dr. Prosper) I kind of have.. you know, warm feelings for him. Like... I don't know, I feel like posting this :love: all over the place.
Weird.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
It's weird. I didn't really know anything specific about Prosper, but after reading this thread (and The madness of Dr. Prosper) I kind of have.. you know, warm feelings for him. Like... I don't know, I feel like posting this :love: all over the place.
Weird.
Witness Prosper's creativity within this epic thread on the Obsidian forums:
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/58357-sorry-i-was-gone-so-long/

There's also a sequel thread, Sorry I was gone so long 2. Seek it yourself.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I am DM'ing a Call of Cthulhu campaign right now (the systems are kinda subpar but the setting is so good) and I started taking Prosper's text and using it as the ramblings of Hastur worshipers. The players were genuinely :abyssgazer:

hastur-the-king-in-yellow-cthulhu-mthos-dark-art-by-torstein-nordstrand.jpg

I am thinking of using the face that never remembered as the image for the Mask of Hastur.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom