Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any recommended Gothic 2 mods?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
SCO said:
Mikayel said:
I've gotten the sea-monster death just swimming from the bay in Khorinis.

I'm kind of fond of finding places where the world just breaks. I remember in G3 I once fell behind a mountain and the invisible wall and was stuck in this little platform that wouldn't let me out. Had to teleport away and lose my place ;(

I tried it in normal G2 back then, it worked, after i installed NoTR it didn't work, invisible wall instead. I was told here they moved the monster to the south or north, but didn't try again.

Last I played G2, the sea monster was in the bay where the pirate camp is.

The only place I remember falling through the floor was in one of the worst places possible - fighting the fifth dragon. The dragon has a slam attack that causes you to bounce on the floor - when that happens, you end up falling through the floor to your death.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Unkillable Cat said:
The only place I remember falling through the floor was in one of the worst places possible - fighting the fifth dragon. The dragon has a slam attack that causes you to bounce on the floor - when that happens, you end up falling through the floor to your death.

Yeah, I got this as well, every single time it fucking hit me. That took a lot of reloading.

I think the disappearing gold bug is a known issue, could be wrong though

Murk

Arcane
Zlaja said:
Mikayel said:
Interesting on that... did you by chance get into any fights and lose? I realize this is a silly question but they do rob you...

No, that's not it. Last time it occured I had just finished the fight with Dexter and was about to have a chat with Greg. :/

Oh, that's actually a reported bug. Apparently there's some weird hiccup where Greg tries to rob the people he killed but ends up stealing your gold too (might have to do with him auto-targeting you to engage in the scripted conversation when you approach him).

I'd say to just cheat and give yourself some gold or just swallow the hit...

N3Burgener said:
- When you meet Dexter and get in combat with him and the bandits, Greg shows
up and begins killing them all. For some reason, there is a chance that Greg
will wind up taking all your gold when he scrounges through corpses. Be sure
to have a save before hand so that you don't lose everything.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/920919-gothi ... faqs/45017

Murk

Arcane
:brofist:

Some of us gotta keep up the good fight and talk about games that don't suck ;(

Tails

Arbiter
Mikayel said:
Have you visited the new area yet? If not, do it now.
I can't because the bug with Lares, you talked about:
Mikayel said:
catfood said:
There is a bug if you have NOTR installed (2.7 if I remember) which goes like this: you will meet a guy named Lares by the docks and he can show you the way to the mercenaries on Onars farm and to the water mages at the excavation site. Make sure he takes you to the mages first, otherwise you will encounter a game braking bug and you won't be able to continue the main quest. I'm not sure wether a community patch fixes it.
That was fixed in my official version (2.7) - you get the chance to get it from him at a later time where you won't even use the amulets pieces anyway (after finishing up a few other quests tied in with that one).
Is still in 2.7 ENG version. In Chapter 1, I've found "replacement" for Lares and he took me to Onar's farm when I asked him to do so. After that I became a member of the Water Ring, did the weapon dealer quest & missing people part which can be solved in Chapter 1, given the ornament to Lares, got the letter for Saturas but I can't just give it to him or ask him anything related to ornaments and Lares has no dialogue line to take me to Water Mages. Is there any way to "fix" this issue in current game? I'm not really eager to start from beginning...
[EDIT]
Pressing C for character sheet and typing lares gave me the needed ornament and quest could be carried on (to be extact: Nefarius gave me the map for rest of the missing parts). Mikayel, are you sure the amulet piece was available later in 2.7 version? if yes, what I suppose to do exactly? since I'm sure in 100% I did all things that needed to be done...

Murk

Arcane
My version is the Gothic Gold version which shipped with the Gothic Trilogy 3-pack, which is 2.7.

The first time I played Night of the Raven I had Lares take me to onar's farm after giving him the amulet piece. At the time I didn't realize this was bugged, so what happened was he didn't give me the option to get the amulet and/or go to the new area until I had joined up with the Dragon Hunters. In that play through I had just put it off on my own, I didn't know what the exact ordering of the situation was but basically I left it as is until I got back to it in chapter 4 or so.

I don't recall if you can get the other pieces of the ornament before giving the first one to Nefarius, but I want to say that I remember something like doing the other parts and getting that piece last. I do know that I was worried I had just fucked myself over since Lares was no longer offering to take me to the Water Mages' excavation site and I thought that was pretty damn important but as pleasantly surprised that after a few chapters had passed that things just resumed back to normal.

Anyway, as I said earlier in this (or the other Gothic thread) the best way to avoid this whole fiasco is to just have Lares take you to the water mages' new area first or to avoid having him take you to Onar's firm. The work-around you used is a legit fix implemented by Piranha Bytes (similar to the Bhaal fix in G1 in the temple you first investigate) so you're fine now.

Tails

Arbiter
Thanks for explanation, Mikayel. Currently I'm on the expansion isle, so far everything works fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom