Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any news on Thief 4?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Lumpy said:
MetalCraze said:
Because this is lame and sounds like a bad spin-off?
I don't see it. Having another thief instead of Garrett is acceptable.

Maybe. But do you imagine GARRETT, the sociopathic antihero who just wants everyone to leave him be, becoming a 'shadow lord' influencing the affairs in the city FOREVAHMOAR?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I was speaking about the whole quote. It sounds painfully like the crap and Mary Sues of DX:IW.

The franchise will be raped in any case. You better start wondering how big guns of Thiaf will be and how many guards you can blow to bits at the same time.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
All those who think that developers, and not publishers, should keep the rights to a franchise, say I.

I think so, considering that it causes it to end up in the hands of people who never had anything to do with it in the first place. See the fact that Indians got their dirty hands on the Gothic 3 expansion.

Noceur

Liturgist
I take it those french canadian bastards are as heavy wine drinkers as the regular french bastards? :lol:

Dire Roach

Prophet
thief4header.jpg

66awbkn.gif

Noceur

Liturgist
Man, I love Thief but I laugh my ass off every time I see that damn g4ytard-logo. What the hell went through their heads when they made that?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is as good a reason as any for me to finally play through Thief 2 completely! Oooh, the great level design, sound effects and atmosphere I shall enjoy!

Edit: They should have called it "Theif 4"

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They should make a game called Britman about some dude who empowers muslims.

Necros

Novice
ScottishMartialArts said:
Thi4f? 4 is l33t speak for A, not E. Since when is thief spelled "thiaf"? Are they really this retarded?
And what if it's not l33t speak, hm? :roll: It's only a good looking design to get people's attention. And it's not the final title, from René, Eidos Montreal's community guy:
It's just a working title for now. As you can see, we are using www.thief4.com and the name of this forum is Thief 4 not THI4F. So don't worry!
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=987112&postcount=7

MetalCraze

Arcane
And what if it's not l33t speak, hm?
What is it then - a good looking design?

It's only a good looking design to get people's attention
More like "we tried to be k00l and get teenagers' attention".

t's just a working title for now. As you can see, we are using www.thief4.com and the name of this forum is Thief 4 not THI4F. So don't worry!
Working title "Thifourf"? Yes they started to backpedal very quick.

Noceur

Liturgist
Necros said:
ScottishMartialArts said:
Thi4f? 4 is l33t speak for A, not E. Since when is thief spelled "thiaf"? Are they really this retarded?
And what if it's not l33t speak, hm? :roll: It's only a good looking design to get people's attention. And it's not the final title, from René, Eidos Montreal's community guy:
It's just a working title for now. As you can see, we are using www.thief4.com and the name of this forum is Thief 4 not THI4F. So don't worry!
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=987112&postcount=7

I think the real problem here is that, no; No it's not a good looking design. And what's worse, it doesn't fit the Thief franchise in any way or form. If it's not 1337 it's just hanging on to this dumb trend of replacing words with numbers in titles (usually it's so it's visually or phonetically correct but still rather lame like Numb3rs or Left 4 dead (unlike Thi4f, which is failing on both accounts")) which in the case of movies and television probably came about because the draconian old farts in publishing finally found out about 1337 speak and thought anyone still thought it was cool. Which it is not.
Really, you think there's a single kid or adult out there who'll see "THI4F" and think it's cool or worthy of getting their attention? :)

Wild Slop

Arcane
Live I've said about thief 3, it was a big let down...
so that plus all these years plus that it was just nothing more then an entertaining somewhat unique video game to begin with, leaves me thinking "so what" to any kind bastardization that can be done with it.

haha

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom