Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any CRPG's with good voice acting?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
New Vegas
Bloodlines
Baldur's Gate: 2
Witcher 2 & Dragon Age Origins had some fucking brilliant voice acting.

Vernon Roche & Iorveth just fucking awesome characters all round, both awesomely acted. And I could sit & listen to Claudia Black all fucking day long until I'd wanked myself into a puddle of goo.
Yeah, Origins had some good voice acting. Tim Curry was great.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Indeed she is. Though she still loses points for being a carbon copy of Squall from FF8.

(Funnily enough something actually reinforced by Square themselves in the Dissidia games by pairing her up with him in the story mode).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would say that overall best voice acting would be New Vegas; most of the actors go from good to excellent and their dialogue definetly helps a lot
Plus having such a great cast of memorable characters defiently helped

As the most memorable as in the impact they caused on their time I would definetly say Irenicus for Baldurs Gate 2 and Planescape Torment; while there wasn’t much voice acting what there was made those characters stand up so magnificently

But the best and most memorable to me would be Bloodines; it goes beyond New Vegas simply because it not only has great dialogue and voice acting but the superb facial animations really bring the whole thing to another level
Just the opening tutorial with Jack showing you the ropes and how he tilts his head, closes his eyes, shakes while he laughs and squints while giving you a mysterious look really make you feel like in an interactive movie

The Witcher games are pretty good too, but somehow they never seemed so striking although they do have some pretty good voices

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
He was happy to join. He thought it would make an exciting chapter in his book.
Bubble head seem very angry. He should calm down.
He is dead. Hey, thats an interesting organ....
I killed in darkness before.
So bug things don´t fight with horn man anymore.....can we go now?

vazha

Arcane
Discounting the fact that it's a mmmorpg and a shitty game to boot, The Elder Scrolls Online has... I don't know how to describe this - a VA fan's wet dream? Just listen to these a-listers (Sir Michael Fucking Gambon, ffs!):

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom