Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another PNP game

Rhett Butler

Scholar
I kinda enjoyed our attempt at playing Dark Heresy until everyone stopped posting and the thread died. We should give it another go, only this time I was thinking we try
vampmasqao9.jpg

I badly want to play this game, but my chance of finding people who would be willing to try something like that IRL is slim to none. The only problem is I've never GM'ed before, so it would be better if someone else did that.

Anyone keen?

Rhett Butler

Scholar
Firstly, most codexers will be pretty familiar with the lore from playing Bloodlines and Redemption. Secondly, I skimmed the Wiki on it and I didn't like the way they merged some of the clans. I'd play a Nosferatu though, so if people would rather play Requiem I wouldn't really mind. I've just played Bloodlines to death and badly want more vampiric goodness.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Requiem's simplification of the Vampire setting used to sound like a good idea to me until I got around to read the core book. All they did was narrow down everything into a handful of boring stereotypes while leaving a lot of room so you can make up your own shit. Might as well stick with Masquerade.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Why not go with Mage: The Awakening or Changeling (both The Dreaming and The Lost are fine, for completely different reasons) instead? Less emo, better mechanics, more interesting settings.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Hümmelgümpf said:
Why not go with Mage: The Awakening
You mean Ascension? Everyone I've talked to about Awakening seems to hate it, and judging from what the wikipedia article says, it does look pretty terrible in concept compared to Ascension. In either case I'd definitely be interested in playing.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Dire Roach said:
Hümmelgümpf said:
Why not go with Mage: The Awakening
You mean Ascension? Everyone I've talked to about Awakening seems to hate it, and judging from what the wikipedia article says, it does look pretty terrible in concept compared to Ascension. In either case I'd definitely be interested in playing.
Yeah, I meant the old line. I keep confusing the two for some reason. Awakening does have slightly better mechanics, but the setting is inferior in just about every way to Ascension.

Andhaira

Arcane
The hunte is out. It got goo dreviews too. They toned down the supernatural aspects of hunters; now they are just dudes with gunz and knowledge instead of silly powers.

Though they CAN have a couple of crappy powers.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
I would play damn near anything if someone is willing to GM, but come on guys! How could you possibly think playing fairies and spoony mages could be cooler than playing vampires? Sure they're cliche'd as fuck but come the fuck on they're vampires Monstrous, powerful, immortal blood drinking ghoulies(which are adored by goths not emos btw). I'd rather play as a vampire with an sub standard ruleset than a mage with a brilliant one.

Andrej

Liturgist
Rhett: White Wolf used to have this chat-setting where people could roleplay VtM, MtA, WtA etc. As time went by it grew in popularity and as always happens on the net - drama ensued. For instance, fat american housewives with about 3 kids were prolly the average female player there (of which there were a lot). However, it created a lot of spinoffs and there's a bunch of chats out there now if you want to roleplay online.

The only one i know of today, is www.immortalvigilance.net - I'm not saying it's good but last I saw it had a quite big player-base. Go there and try playing, if you like.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Andrej said:
Rhett: White Wolf used to have this chat-setting where people could roleplay VtM, MtA, WtA etc. As time went by it grew in popularity and as always happens on the net - drama ensued. For instance, fat american housewives with about 3 kids were prolly the average female player there (of which there were a lot). However, it created a lot of spinoffs and there's a bunch of chats out there now if you want to roleplay online.

The only one i know of today, is www.immortalvigilance.net - I'm not saying it's good but last I saw it had a quite big player-base. Go there and try playing, if you like.

That actually sounds like something I would enjoy. Want to join a party with me Rhett? Hey guys lets make a Codex Coterie! We could hunt vampiric elephants with boomerangs!

Edit: I registered.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would join in a Mage: Ascension or Vampire: Masquerade game.

Also, Mage is about 100 times better than Vampire. True story.

Andrej

Liturgist
I won't play with you guys because I refuse to get hooked on online gaming again. It's a plague. But you have my blessings.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If it's a camerilla game, Lasombra antitribu.
If it's a sabbat game, probably a Follower of Set or Gangrel antitribu.

Hümmelgümpf said:
Why not go with Mage: The Awakening or Changeling (both The Dreaming and The Lost are fine, for completely different reasons) instead? Less emo, better mechanics, more interesting settings.

I never know if i should be loving you because you know and love The Dreaming or hating you because you know and love The Lost. This is some hardcore yaoi shit being born right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom