Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another Elminage thread! Let's use this thread to talk about all NON-GOTHIC Elminage stuff!

Deleted Member 16721

The game's various music can be changed, too, which is kind of a neat feature. Although I love the music that's already in it. It has strong classic JRPG vibes (Uematsu-ish.)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I wouldn't compare it to Uematsu dawg. That's reaching for sure, almost as much as saying Elex > FNV.

:)

Deleted Member 16721

I wouldn't compare it to Uematsu dawg. That's reaching for sure, almost as much as saying Elex > FNV.

:)

I'm not saying it's on par with Uematsu doggie. I'm saying it's in the same vein. That classic, melodious, "catchy" SNES sound.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ELEX IS NOT BETTER THAN FNV I WILL FIGHT YOU FLUENT I WILL PULL A ROQUA

PLANE TICKETS PM ME UR ADDRESSSS!!!!!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
ELEX is better then F:NV. There I said it :P

But I was never a huge fan of F:NV.

hackncrazy

Savant
Thanks aweigh , I had no idea about E:Original being available on PC.

I may try to roll a party on it and see if I can advance this time.

hackncrazy

Savant
I save this whole thread in .pdf and I'm going to read it again to get all the tips you guys gave me here.

I really, REALLY want to get good in blobbers. As I said before, everything about them is seems very good to me (diverse character creation, atmosphere/ambientation, replayability).

In fact, I don't remember if I posted in some thread, but after my Elminage experience I gave a try to Strange Journey on the DS, but even though I was advancing pretty fairly on it, I finally gave up when I realized how broken and random the demon negotiation system was. And knowing that the formation of your party depends entirely on it, makes it even worse.

Puck Man

Novice
Can anyone tell me how to get the audio to work properly when playing these on an emulator?
It's just some of the sound effects that don't work properly. Like the "clicking" noise everytime you select an option or the horse "neighhh" when you level up.
It's referenced here: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/9819
I'm using PPSSPP or retroarch with the ppsspp core.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom