Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANNO 2205 - bam zoom straight to the Moon

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finally got around to properly play this, a year after I bought it, and I'm quite happy. I tried it for a bit last year and it was pretty shitty but now, with all the DLCs, paches and expansions it's a pretty good Anno game. More focused of global instead of micromanagement but hey, change is life. The Tundra and Orbit expansions did a solid job of making the game more varied and last longer. I remember on launch it felt fucking empty, almost unfinishd. That's the new reality I guess - devs release half- finshed game and it takes about a year to bring it into a release-ready state.

Caim

Arcane
Will keep an eye out on this, then. How's it with all those resources that you'd normally get from microtransactions? Are you still stuck waiting on those to show up so you can really expand?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Will keep an eye out on this, then. How's it with all those resources that you'd normally get from microtransactions? Are you still stuck waiting on those to show up so you can really expand?

Uh, no idea, I noticed there are some stored resources that I got from some Ubi promotion apparently but haven't used them yet. Don't really need them. I guess they'd be extremelly useful when playing on the Veteran difficulty (added with a patch, by all acounts pretty hardcore) but I'm playing my first game on Normal and you don't really need any extra resources.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't play an Anno game for years but I have to say that just the fact that Blue Byte still exists brings a single tear of joy to my eye.
sU1wIqA.gif

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fuck yeah, one of my favorite devs of all time. History Line, Battle Isles, Settlers, Anno. Such memories. I think History Line was the first non-action, non-children game I have ever played. Must've been like 13 back then. I saw a much older friend playing it and I thought "what's this, where do you jump and shoot?"

Too bad Blue Byte is mostly relegated to converting shitty console games to mobiles and PC but once in a while we still get their trademark brilliance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom