Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Anito for sale

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Anino Entertainment; Anito: Defend a Land Enraged

Yup, it's finally available, <a href="http://www.aninoentertainment.com/products/anito/index.php">Anito</A> is done and ready for web ordering in the U.S. and other countries. Of course, if you live in the Phillipines, you can just buy it from your local software shop. Here's the fun info:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>After two years of waiting, Filipine indie game developer Anino Entertainment is proud to launch its pioneering project, Anito: Defend A Land Enraged.
<br>
<br>
<b>A hybrid of adventure and RPG</b>
<br>
Developed for the Windows platform, Anito is a single-player adventure / RPG that combines the best of both gaming genres.
<br>

<br>
The world of Maroka has plenty for the adventure gamer to explore, with lush forests, dangerous caves, five diverse towns, and more than 250 characters to interact with.
<br>
<br>
RPG gamers will enjoy Anito?s story-based gameplay, with quests, side quests, and puzzles to rack your brain. Plus, Anito contains two storylines that have unique main and side quests.
<br>
<br>
Gamers will love Anito?s real-time strategic combat system. Choose the best way to defeat your enemy - you can use different types of attacks, switch from melee and ranged weapons instantly, and combine powerful chakra skills together. Plus, Asian monsters like the tikbalang and the muwa make their first video game appearance!
<br>
<br>
<b>A New Setting for RPGs</b>
<br>
Anito is also unique compared to the other RPGs in the international market because of its Ethnic Asian theme. The story is set in 16th century Asia during the Age of Conquest. You play either Maya or Agila, two siblings whose father Datu Maktan has gone missing, when the land is on the verge of war between the Senastille colonizers and the local rebels.
<br>
<br>
Gamers all around the world will enjoy Anito because of its exotic locations, gripping politically-driven plot, addictive gameplay, rich high-quality graphics, and offbeat sense of humor. Meanwhile, Asians will enjoy in-game references to ethnic culture (with some weapons, items, and character names unique to the Southeast Asian region).
<br>
<br>
<b>Where to buy Anito</b>
<br>
Anito: Defend A Land Enraged is available in all Datablitz, Netopia, and Neutral Grounds outlets in the Philippines, and for international buyers, you can also order online through <a href="http://www.aninoentertainment.com">www.aninoentertainment.com</a>. Available for only USD $20! Order now!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
And remember the chat we're having this coming <b>Wednesday at 8PM EST</b> in <b>#rpgcodex</b> about this game!
<br>

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
But if nobody buys the game, how are you going to know?

DUN DUN DUN!

Greenskin13

Erudite
I'm with Otaku. The Codex really has an impact in what I buy. It's the reason I passed over Freelancer and instead got EVN. Right now, I'm saving up for The Fall and Silent Storm, but if someone's skirt is blown over by Anito, then I'll probably start begging and scrounge up some cash.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
But if nobody buys the game, how are you going to know?

DUN DUN DUN!

LOL... well then I find someone who did buy a copy, borrow it from them, and play. Now, if I do not happen to find someone who bought a copy, then I will chalk it up to fate and that I was never destined to play the game and that I should just go on with my life and.... wait.... I don't have a life. *sighs* Damn....

R2k

Novice
Hey Everyone! This game's cool! And its a unique RPG game! Go grab a copy now! :wink:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Greenskin13 said:
Right now, I'm saving up for The Fall and Silent Storm, but if someone's skirt is blown over by Anito, then I'll probably start begging and scrounge up some cash.
Speaking of skirts, did anyone else here create a purely hand-combat character called "Man-who-fights-in-dress" when they realised that anyone could wear a skirt in Morrowind?

No?

Okay, it's just a me thing then...

R2k, your dancing banana is disturbing me. In fact, the motion is almost mesmerising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom