Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Angry Birds is becoming an RPG.

poetic codex

Augur
I have a sore spot for Angry Birds because it is one of those games that people play on the subway, or on their lunch break. It encourages people to think of games as nothing but pure entertainment; something to do just to pass time. For me, and for others on the codex, games are much more than that. For this reason alone, I can't see myself supporting the Angry Bird license any time soon.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I have a sore spot for Angry Birds because it is one of those games that people play on the subway, or on their lunch break. It encourages people to think of games as nothing but pure entertainment; something to do just to pass time. For me, and for others on the codex, games are much more than that. For this reason alone, I can't see myself supporting the Angry Bird license any time soon.
*tips fedora*

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This latest epic entry into the epic angrybirds franchise is simply epic. With epic combat and epic character progression you will epicly go on an epic quest of epic proportions to find epic glory. Truly an epic game.

Deleted member 7219

Just another tablet game. Next.

I don't know why people are getting bothered about this. Pseudo-RPGs are tenapenny on iOS / Android. This will just be another.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

Games are entertainment. Art is also entertainment. That's why I play games or watch movies or read books: because it's fun! It can be much more than that and that's where the distinction between good, bad, mediocre, or great exist. You may argue that it lacks depth but to criticise a game for doing what it's supposed to do is silly and pretentious.

Cazzeris

*tips fedora*
His name isn't "poetic codex" for nothing.
He deserves it.

poetic codex

Augur
Games are entertainment. Art is also entertainment. That's why I play games or watch movies or read books: because it's fun! It can be much more than that and that's where the distinction between good, bad, mediocre, or great exist. You may argue that it lacks depth but to criticise a game for doing what it's supposed to do is silly and pretentious.

I'm starting to think that maybe I do view things differently from other people. For me, I don't play games or enjoy art merely for the "fun! " of it. The feelings evoked in me seem more than mere fun. I suppose it's hard to describe. When I play my favorite compositions on my piano, i am enjoying it immensely but I wouldn't characterize the feeling as "fun!" I feel validated. I feel in the moment . I feel like i was doing what I was meant to. As if the chords of the song resonate with my own internal vibration. The same feeling (in varying degrees) can extend to other forms of art i enjoy, whether it be literature, film, or games.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsch

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Actually, this is a good thing. Think of all the new people to the codex, people who are new to RPG's. Think of all the rage everyone can dump on them in the yearly "What was your first RPG?" thread. Something like that could really bring sworn enemies together in communal blinding rage.

Phinx

Augur
This latest epic entry into the epic angrybirds franchise is simply epic. With epic combat and epic character progression you will epicly go on an epic quest of epic proportions to find epic glory. Truly an epic game.

Don't forget about epic loot, if they don't add epic loot with purple text to emphasize just how epic the loot is, then I will not give it my GOAT rpg seal of approval.
yxUjzzh.jpg

Last edited:

Cazzeris

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
In before they have to drop all references to epic because the noun "epic" is a synonym for King's trademarked "saga".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom