Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anger in the NWN2 forums.....

Because it hasn't been optimised and its been rushed off to stop a bunch of people pissing themselves over it missing its release date.

This isn't a dev toolset we're talking about. My guess it has all the sounds and graphics from the game, so you're talking about the bulk of the main install.

dongle

Scholar
If it includes all that, could one use it to compile a copy of the game, I wonder?

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Volourn said:
By the veryd efintion, fanboys would likely 'pay early' no matter what. Why would a 'fanboy' need a toolset early to convince to buy a game earlu.

btw, No one is forced to buy a game the last time I checked.

P.S. The GTA games have always had good graphics.

I wasn't aware there was an official definition of fanboy, but I do know that if there was your picture would be next to it in the dictionary.

I never meant that anyone was forced to buy a game. I said they were forced to buy it with only a certain type of information. As opposed to being able to choose what you want to base your purchase on. For some people it's enough to hear some words like "epic" and "revolutionary" spoken by some developer or PR guy. Others need more than that. ie: Screenshots, previews, demos(playable or not), etc.

I don't know where your GTA graphics comment came from, but I'll assume it wasn't directed at me since it makes no logical sense as a reply to anything I've said.

Volourn said:
Moron. ... Moron. ... Lame. ... Dumbass.

You know Volourn, you bash the Codex because people here sometimes have about as much tact as... you do. If the Codex is really as bad as you say it is then it's because of people like you. Or just you. Honestly, from what I've seen, you are the most argumentative and hypocritical cunt that frequents this website.

Spacemoose said:
just make sure to buy the game if you like it. of all the places on the internet, I would expect the codex to understand that if you don't pay for a game that you liked (within the first couple of months - no waiting until the price drops) then eventually you won't be seeing any more games like it.

Again, as I said before, it isn't the game. It's just the toolset. The "pre-sale" toolset. You cannot even test modules because there is no "game." Though, being a toolset it has, I assume, almost everything you can find in the game. It even has the music. Which is pretty decent I think.

I read the instructions for the toolset a bit and followed them as best I could. I never really did much with the original NWN toolset and I have to say I suck pretty bad with the NWN 2 toolset as well. It seems pretty easy to use once you learn it a bit, though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If the Codex is really as bad as you say it is then it's because of people like you. Or just you. Honestly, from what I've seen, you are the most argumentative and hypocritical cunt that frequents this website."

Thanks. I never denied being an asshole. Espicially on the internet where the biggest morons in the world are found.

kris

Arcane
Volourn said:
Thanks. I never denied being an asshole. Espicially on the internet where the biggest morons in the world are found.

Hardly. You wouldn't say that if you ever left your cellar and went into the real world. What is found on the Internet is otherwise normal people who can without consequence "let loose" a bit. or just being the asshole they don't dare IRL. Clearly there are people even to moronic to know what the Internet is or being able to turn on the computer.

As for this toolset I only been able to get three parts this far...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You wouldn't say that if you ever left your cellar and went into the real world."

LOL The 'real world'. That always cracks me up. I must be living in the 'fake world' then. L0LLERZ

Data4

Arcane
Wow, Volourn. Before this latest hoopla over NWN2, the toolset, etc., you seemed relatively normal. Now it's like you've just... well, gone insane. Just an observation.

-D4

Volourn

Pretty Princess
What an idiotic 'observation'. I was always considered 'insane' by internet geeks except the first 3 months I was on.

Nothing new here.

Lumpy

Arcane
If internet geeks consider you insane, that only makes it worse.

ElastiZombie

Liturgist
Data4 said:
Wow, Volourn. Before this latest hoopla over NWN2, the toolset, etc., you seemed relatively normal. Now it's like you've just... well, gone insane. Just an observation.

-D4

Nah, he's always been like this, as far as I remember anyway. Sometimes just a bit more so. One thing you can say is that he's consistant. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom