Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An idea to spicen up PS:T

Worm King

Scholar
A modder could just add the opportunity to play with multiclasses(fighter/mage) and as a cleric. I know most of us have only gone through as a mage and missed out on the weapons. Aditionally, more spells will be useful if you have multiclassed a mage.

After completing all of the quests of Mebbeth, you could choose, for example:

1. Teach me the Art. (mage)
2. Teach me the Art. (mage/fighter)
3. Teach me the Art. (cleric)
4. Teach me the Art. (thief/cleric)

etc.

Liberal

Barely Literate
Idiot! PS:T doesn't need to be 'spiced'. PS:T is perfect! Pefect!!
Did someone just disagree?!?!

Worm King

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Unnecessary. Character classes don't matter much. And TNO becoming a cleric? No. Definitely not.

Fall is a cleric because of her belief. TNO can unmake TTO and himself by just believing. I think he would make a pretty good cleric.

Character classes matter to me. I'm one of the chosen who enjoys PS:T combat and Dakkon(a fighter/mage) ends up being a lot more fun to control than TNO.

Worm King

Scholar
Liberal said:
And what would TNO worship?

You don't have to worship a god to receive spells in PS. You can perform miracles by just believing(possibly believing that you can do them is enough), as seen with the seed trial.

Jora

Arcane
If my memory of discussions concerning IE modding is in any way correct, adding new classes would be very hard, as they tend to be hard coded.

Liberal

Barely Literate
Fall worshipped Experience, what would TNO worship?
P.S. The seed trial had nothing to do with being a cleric.

Worm King

Scholar
Jora said:
If my memory of discussions concerning IE modding is in any way correct, adding new classes would be very hard, as they tend to be hard coded.

The classes are already in the game. Fall is a cleric and Dakkon a fighter/mage. If memory serves, before the days of patches there was a trick to becoming a fighter/mage.

Qwinn

Scholar
Before the days of patches, you were a fighter, fighter/thief or fighter/mage whether you wanted to be or not.

I also disagree totally with the idea of TNO as a cleric. Specially since, in PS:T, clerics really don't do -anything- except heal. Oh, and Call Lightning, which causes graphic problems for almost everybody and which -shouldn't- work indoors but does. I'm not excited about aggravating both those issues.

Qwinn

Pastel

Scholar
So how would that work? If you're a Fighter 3 and a Mage 6 and switch to Fighter/Mage, what level are you?

Qwinn

Scholar
Yep, that's another issue. You'd pretty much have to disable the normal class-switching possibilities to make it work. And there's lots of dialogue checks that check on your class that would stop making sense with those changes.

Qwinn

scient

Augur
In some thread on here I did post byte to patch so you could change TNO's class to cleric or mage/thief/fighter multi-class. It "works" in some ways but fails in others. There is a LOT of code specific to TNO and by altering that value to allow TNO to become a cleric you effectively bypass it.

So, to make this even remotely work you'd have to go through EVERY area in code where there is a TNO specific check and add in cleric tree. This may sound simple but it's not. Implementing this at the assembly level would suck+. Not impossible but a good week plus worth of work with minimal gain. I'm much more interested in resolving lingering issues with stats like str and roll over stuff.

Then you have all the class specific dialog trees that would have to be modified. There isn't even the remotest hint in the code that cleric class was considered for TNO.

Kz3r0

Arcane
More C&C and more endings, stop the D&D-esque powerplay nonsense

Kavax

Scholar
What about playing as a Thief? I kinda disagree with the opinion that thieves were merely an aftertought in PS: T, and with the stealth skill you can skip all the filler combat in Curst Prison and the Lower Outer Planes.

bailuu

Novice
There's no reason TNO couldn't be a cleric. There are several opportunities throughout the game to join factions. The Godsman must have priests; the Sensates obviously do. If he can join a faction, why can't TNO join a religion?

That said, I think it's definitely against to flavor of the game to have TNO as a cleric.

Black

Arcane
Is it just me or has Codex been worse lately?
I mean, worse than usual.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No one's posted about the :decline: in months, I take that as a sign that we've already fallen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom