Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview An Authentic Account of an Embassy from the RPG Codex to Larian Studios

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I'm down for day 0 (alpha) co-op if anyone else is in the Alpha (assuming the alpha has that feature).

Zep--

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dragon Commander too? It's not that I expected anything great from this title (when I was looking at the demos), but the least thing I expect in a game controlling flying dragons is gay marriages...
:killit:

"Hey we have this cool feature built in with naked boys doing it with each other, don't you like it? It enriches gameplay so much and we only had to remove some useless combat and tactical skills instead. Love and Peace everyone!"

The halls of Brohalla will forever be open to Gragt, but the name of wretched theSavant shall be stricken from the book. He shall be condemned to live out eternity in the Swamps of Decline and the muck shall cement his neck to the ground. May the rats-who-died-in-basement-quests forever bite out his eyes.

Argument system + building kit + Codex multiplayer...hmmm.

"Ugh, another quest to kill giant rats? Let's go"

"What's wrong, Liberal? I thought Source Hunters were supposed to be charitable. I say we stay and help the old lady. [Influence: sucess]"

"FFS"

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
OH YES

DoomTown.gif

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
xz8LkyN.jpg

If every of the 6 players can talk privately to another, making secret alliances it will be very interesting. "The hammer of power is mine!", "No it isn't, we are all equal in the team", "FFS, someone has to take it", "Brb, must feed my cat", :rage:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If every of the 6 players can talk privately to another, making secret alliances it will be very interesting. "The hammer of power is mine!", "No it isn't, we are all equal in the team", "FFS, someone has to take it", "Brb, must feed my cat",
Just use steam chat + mumble/teamspeak/ventrilo

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've always liked how that kid (and others, according to the text) is nuked alongside the evil people. Fuck you I'm God and I'll use a giant laser cannon to kill everyone at once, because I can.
The kid had sex before marriage, man. Salvation is only for the pure of heart, sinners need not apply.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
There is also Lot's wife who spent a virtuous life in Sodom, resisting the many temptations of the place for decades, only to be turned into a salt statue for just one tiny peek over her shoulder. That said the Eternal is probably not as bad as we think, and instead this was probably a friendly gesture on His part to remind Lot that in his haste he had forgotten to take salt for the hardboiled eggs he packed in his picnic basket.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dammit Larian, why make your elves a bunch of whiny hippie pussies too? Isn't Dragon Age and Witcher enough? How much dick can elf asshole take before it ruptures beyond repair?

:decline:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Constitution is NEVER a dump stat unless you're a filthy savescummer.
There's no reason at all to put points into vitality in Divinity 2 and if you do so you're gimping yourself. Health increases on level-up and through enchanted equipment, anything not being put into the damage stats is a waste.

Dammit Larian, why make your elves a bunch of whiny hippie pussies too? Isn't Dragon Age and Witcher enough? How much dick can elf asshole take before it ruptures beyond repair?

Try to imagine a dwarven society of whiny hippie pussies. Or lizardmen. Or undead. Or imps. Or...

Yeah. Someone has to be the free-loving hippie, but unless there are fairy people in the setting, then the elves have to be it.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Try to imagine a dwarven society of whiny hippie pussies. Or lizardmen. Or undead. Or imps. Or...

Yeah. Someone has to be the free-loving hippie, but unless there are fairy people in the setting, then the elves have to be it.

No race fit that role in Morrowind. Morrowind is also the best RPG ever made. I'm sure the two are related. :smug:

The only possible saving grace here is that Larian's more likely to just mock everything than preach, but I'd still like to get back to the days when RPGs weren't trying to stay relevant to the issues we face today™.

Zeriel

Arcane
Speaking of co-op. I was asking during the livestream earlier. Apparently the modules made with the toolset will allow up to 6 people in co-op.

Kodex dungeonkrawl, anyone? :incline:

Genuinely good turn-based combat with full party control and a comprehensive developer kit is like a dream come true. It's NWN, except the gameplay isn't shit. Which is basically Nirvana. If we can edit spells/abilities too, this is going to be beyond amazing.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
If we can edit spells/abilities too, this is going to be beyond amazing.

Yeah, it'll be the very definition of incline:

Dicksmoker's Crushing Fist
Lesser Hormone Therapy
Greater Dickstorm
Summon Greater Faggot
Phelot's Watermelonification
Jaesun's Hack and Slash
Crispy's Lesser Pedophilia
Hiver's Rage
Azrael's Wall of Text
HHR's counter-vaccine
Draco's Browing Fist
Infinitron's Brofist Absorption
Asperger Cloud
Roguey's Remote Sight
Librulification
Dick Blade of Dicksaster
Avellone's Swinging Cock
Avellone's Dickjunction
Andhaira's Horrid Dicking

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom