Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Apple, Atari and Commodore Exclusive Must Play RPGs

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Can anyone recommend a good Atari ST emulators? Is Steem the obvious choice? It's very old...

Steem for games, Saint for demos (accuracy über alles (salut Arnaud))
Hatari fo portability (Linux/whatever)

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So what are the differences between the old Newcomer and the one that was supposed to come out ? Is the available one already a decent RPG by its own, according to Codexian standards?

Mortmal

Arcane
http://www.talesofgorluth.de/
The First one, a zelda like for the amiga is for free now , obviously you can preorder the second title now.

1.jpg

hinten.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Must play, i dont know , but its fun to see 2014+ releases on those machines.

Epsilon

Cipher
Lords of chaos was on Amiga as well. It has more colors and sound effects.
http://hol.abime.net/914
Nice find, 1991 game, thats when i was drifiting away from the amiga to play ultima 7 and ultima underworld on pc, so i missed it.
Oh that is a shame. UFO: Enemy Unknown, Syndicate and Lords of Chaos were my go-to games in those years, and why I didn't play the new Ultimas until 96 - I did play Ultima 3-6 on Amiga :)
Here's a picture of my original Amiga version
xfvrRWw.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Nice find, 1991 game, thats when i was drifiting away from the amiga to play ultima 7 and ultima underworld on pc, so i missed it.
Oh that is a shame. UFO: Enemy Unknown, Syndicate and Lords of Chaos were my go-to games in those years, and why I didn't play the new Ultimas until 96 - I did play Ultima 3-6 on Amiga :)
xfvrRWw.jpg
Thats a nice collection you have there, must be nearly impossible to find a box of such game nowaday.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
xfvrRWw.jpg

Do you have more pictures of your collection? Pictures of their contents perhaps? I'm curious on what they included in their boxes and what their manuals were like.

Epsilon

Cipher
Well... thats an odd request, seeing as how theres no difference between these and ordinary 'PC' big boxes. Anyway. The Lords of Chaos box isn't that interesting as it only contains a manual and a registration card... I think it might've contained a small "players guide" once, but it's lost due to me being a careless kid at the time. So I took a picture of the contents of the Moonstone box you can see in the background.
7Ey6I3W.jpg

Epsilon

Cipher
xfvrRWw.jpg
Thats a nice collection you have there, must be nearly impossible to find a box of such game nowaday.
Sure it's a nice collection, but it's nothing compared to some people you'll see around the net. Especially the game collectors subreddit. And theres a lot of stuff that I don't have, because I didn't have the cash for it back in the day, so it was pirated, sadly.

daveyd

Savant
Not an RPG per se, but I loved Usagi Yojimbo: Samurai Warrior on the C64:

In many ways, the best side-scrolling action game I've ever played. You gained Karma points for killing ninjas and bounty hunters, and also doing nice things like bowing to / giving peasants a coin. You lost karma if you killed innocent peasants or harmless wild animals. If you ever reach 0 karma, Usagi commits seppuku. If you die with a high Karma you get to restart at a point further along in the game. There were several roads with two paths to choose from.

NPCs would respond differently to you if you have your sword drawn; peasants would run away. Monks and Samurai would would Otherwise be friendly will attack you. If you fail to bow to a nobleman, they will have their samurai guards attack you.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
"Lords of Chaos" is daddy of "XCom" - both done by Julian Gollop. Looks great.

Usagi Yojimbo: Samurai Warrior

Played it on my "ZXSpectrum" - color scheme was different and controling it with Kempston was difficult.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom