Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amazon ships an MMORPG - New World

Myobi

Liturgist
Star Citizen good
so is New World
Fallout 76 mediocre but still better than everything post-Morrowind

Slap that onto your signature, just so that people know the sort of shit they are dealing with when replying to your dumb fuckery :D

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
VTgh5iD.jpg

Lol, this cant be? It is photoshop?

Or sodomites are taking over game industry, now MMOs?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
"I really don't like complaining and I never post anything in game forums, but I really wanted to give this game a chance. I don't like when female characters are too sexualized, but these just look like men and walk like men. Tough weird men. The hairstyles are short and ugly and the blondes look orange or green. Are there going to be changes? Are you going to sell faces in the cash shop lol? and new movements?
I liked the gameplay when I played alpha, but it's not that great to make up for the character ugliness, and I know many people who feel the same, and there are a lot of posts on Reddit about this.
I would just like to know if there will be any improvement.

From Steam.

So this is Outer Worlds all over again. Ugly lesbians. With short hair style, tatoos and manly behaviour.

Codex Year of the Donut
so I "pre-ordered" this back in 2016 when it was listed as $0.00 and I guess they are honoring it because they sent me a beta key because I pre-ordered...
Tw5OWfB.png
lol at devs not understanding a massive part of the MMO playerbase are coomers who play as barbie dolls

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
ok yeah definitely threads lol and I deleted that post because I was wrong.. I just played the demo again and checked and everything seemed normal... I made that post after I had seen 100% in the max column on hwmonitor and forgot that I was running physics simulations a little while ago which probably caused it

Yosharian

Arcane
Random shit I posted to a Discord I'm in which I'm going to lazily copy paste here

[07:27] Yosharian: have a few thoughts
[07:28] Yosharian: based on the £35 I spent to get access to the game, I feel happy to not refund and keep playing from what I've seen so far
[07:29] Yosharian: character creator:
- needs more options, e.g. tattoos. feels a bit limited atm. what is there, is pretty good
- only one race
- you don't pick from male or female (I'll leave it there)
- not enough faces or hairstyles to choose from
[07:38] Yosharian: some general thoughts in no particular order:
- faces seem quite good, expressive and detailed
- seems like you can rebind all keys, couldn't during the tutorial but i think you can after that
- my rig is a 5900X / 3080, getting 150+ FPS on High settings, sometimes hitting 200 but mostly under that
- some of the combat sounds are a little weak, maybe they need to sound more meaty
- mantling seems neat for movement across terrain
- animations seem very good
- some kind of infestation/corruption storyline, a bit lovecraftian maybe?
- extensive options menu e.g. colorblind options
- ambience is quite good
- not a huge fan of the initial score i've heard, some bird la-la-la-ing trying to make me feel wonder at the environment, not sure it fits the lovecraftian vibe but maybe it gets better
- some minor login bugs atm
[07:39] Yosharian: you get to choose to put points into five different ability scores, str dex int con and some equivalent to wisdom (tied to healing i think)
[07:39] Yosharian: i quite like that and it seems that some styles will feed from two ability scores
[07:39] Yosharian: there's no classes
[07:39] Yosharian: at least not at the beginning?
[07:40] Yosharian: there's magic from what i can tell
[07:40] Yosharian: so you can be a wizard, healer etc
[07:40] Yosharian: there seems to be some sort of ice caster that uses a gauntlet i dunno much about that
[07:40] Yosharian: otherwise u got bow, musket, sword, axe etc
[07:40] Yosharian: weaponry seems to be how u get ur main skills
[07:41] Yosharian: u got free respec at any time maybe just a beta thing
[07:41] Yosharian: combat requires aim and movement its not tab targeting
[07:41] Yosharian: definitely more action-oriented
[07:42] Yosharian: that's just my initial thoughts based on the tutorial
[07:42] Yosharian: haven't played more than that
[07:46] Yosharian: there are unlocks tied to levelling
20210721074409-1.jpg

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just made a character and I didn't see anything about pronouns

but maybe its from some point further in the game

It's somewhere in the menu in-game, under Character iirc... It was in the upper right and mine was default to they/them.

edit: also as to your second post, pretty sure there is magic

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Game is trash, combat is sluggish and skills are pointless, actually is better to just spam left click as all skills lock you into animation. Focus is on PvP so you know this game will have one month life and then will die. Only thing going for it is if crafting some cool items or for people that like to decorate homes, i.e. women. There is no classes, 10 weapon types with 6 skills each, so all the gameplay is comparable to one class in any other mmo. Main game mechanic outside PvP (and that is zerg PvP) is doing grinds for materials or kill/collect x bear asses.

Codex Year of the Donut
or for people that like to decorate homes, i.e. women.
problem: female characters are incredibly ugly
as much as male feminists like to pretend otherwise, women enjoy playing attractive, feminine female character in video games for the same reason men like playing as the Duke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom