Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Amazing cultivation simulator

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So, about this game.
My third play is a good one. Reached second level of the sect, I have one Golden Core disciple, three other waiting for it and three noobs, including two physical cultivators. Got agents at all outposts and few cities to keep resources flowing. Feng-Shui is cultivated, and I'm now trying to wrap my head around qi management. Everybody is happy and not too many people died gruesomely (I may have an haunted room though), so the ball is rolling.
However:
- I am at lack of manuals. Must have missed several secrets earlier but I only found the physical law and barely anything on alchemy.
- Flow of secrets has steadily decreased, and I am not sure on where to send my disciples. Tried to kill a couple wild beasts but failed.
- I have no freakin idea what I'm doing with this physical cultivation thing.
- I have very little intel on the other leaders, what limits my trade. Maybe I'll try the good'ol here is a massive sum of money bribe.
And others things out of my grasp for now.

And I actually really enjoy the slow-paced rhythm of the game. Also, for some reason, this is the only game I've found that I can play right before going to bed without having trouble falling asleep.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Trying to keep this relatively spoiler free.

- I am at lack of manuals. Must have missed several secrets earlier but I only found the physical law and barely anything on alchemy.
There is two option :
-the bad one : wait for the kunlun tourney where you can might gain a new law.
- the good one : I recommend rereading carefully what diverse spell and miracle are available to you, there might be something somewhere that might help you get lucky.
- Flow of secrets has steadily decreased, and I am not sure on where to send my disciples. Tried to kill a couple wild beasts but failed.
Whatever you do, having 100% of map revealed is going to take some time. later on, you mainly send inner for ressources.
the crux of physical cultivation is an autistic take on excel. In term of mechanic, you want one very good offensive secret body, and as many defensive one as you can get. The utility slot is basically irrelevant until you reach the last stage
- I have very little intel on the other leaders, what limits my trade. Maybe I'll try the good'ol here is a massive sum of money bribe.
You need a 80+ social inner and enough hate toward yourself to stomach the social minigame.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Thanks for the tips !

the crux of physical cultivation is an autistic take on excel. In term of mechanic, you want one very good offensive secret body, and as many defensive one as you can get. The utility slot is basically irrelevant until you reach the last stage
Ok, will check. Do I need to pay a special care about feng-shui here or can I just put elements anywhere ?

Also, is there a way to increase Yin energy somewhere to make my disciples less moody ?

Perkel

Arcane
So, about this game.
My third play is a good one. Reached second level of the sect, I have one Golden Core disciple, three other waiting for it and three noobs, including two physical cultivators. Got agents at all outposts and few cities to keep resources flowing. Feng-Shui is cultivated, and I'm now trying to wrap my head around qi management. Everybody is happy and not too many people died gruesomely (I may have an haunted room though), so the ball is rolling.
However:
And others things out of my grasp for now.

And I actually really enjoy the slow-paced rhythm of the game. Also, for some reason, this is the only game I've found that I can play right before going to bed without having trouble falling asleep.

Send inner disciples on adventures and camps. Camps mean event evert 1-2 days and ability to enter map, adventures are one bit different. Each place also has % of hiden places. So by sending disciples into one place multiple times you uncover more and more map, special places, hidden tombs etc. Good way to get favor is to visit sects with your disciples. +5 doesn't sound like much but with 3 disciples that's 15 and do that for 10 days means around 15 favor. Another good way to earn favor is to invite people from other sects and provide them with good lodgings so that when they leave they will have mood + instead of minus. That gives like 30-40 favor per invited.

You get more laws uncovering various secrets + some skills have ability to get your new laws.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Ok, will check. Do I need to pay a special care about feng-shui here or can I just put elements anywhere ?
If you want to know, the "gather" radius for breathing is 5 . It's not that important to know, because most of the essence that you can get this way by breathing can also be easily obtained trough eating. You probably realized by know that you aren't going to run out of earth essence any time soon.
Feng-shui matter, the breathing room being ominous or blessed will lead to two different essence. Again, it's not that important because most "label" gained trough those essence are not unique, ie you can randomly gain them with other essence, albeit at a slower rate. What you really want with breathing are those special rare essence.

Yin energy
I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Sarathiour

Cipher
There is the special DLC that use yin-yang as concept, people cultivating it got two golden core. Also the torch dragon I guess, but I have yet to face him.
Now that I think of it, there is indeed some concept of stability for yin-yang in some special characters traits (body of yin / body of yang), and the manual of wukang law also work somewhat similarly (yin manual raise mental state and shit like that at the cost of raw qi or power, yang manuals do the opposite).

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Started a new games two weeks ago. What do I know, I've spend another 30 hours in this wonderful game.
I was happy with my four Golden Core inners (levels 2 4 5 6) dispatching monsters effortlessly so I decided to summon the flood dragon, just to see how it would go.

I was not ready. Holy shit.

Back to the qi cushion. I'm going to need some more advanced training rooms, my primordial spirit progress is way to slow.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Also there seem to be a bug where buildings, in particular stoves, stop being constructed despite receiving all necessary materials. Does any of you know about this and how to resolve it ?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Been a while, but might because your builder pawn is currently busy doing something else on repeat, or the pathfinding bugged out for some reason. Never had a lot of problem with this, building your base is generally a task that you're doing once, and after that you just tweak or add few rooms.
Except after the flood dragon fight because tis fucker will inevitably fuck up half of it :argh:.

To give you an idea of the dragon power, I defeated it mainly with a 8 man formation, all of them were at primordial spirit (though without their PS gimmick) with a grade 1 GC, expect for the shendao cultivator ,who was at sagely mental state, and it was backed up by a physical cultivator, who had to quit the fight because of thirst. My strategy was however very suboptimal, I have no doubt people were able to spank it with less ressources.

Last edited:

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
To give you an idea of the dragon power, I defeated it mainly with a 8 man formation, all of them were at primordial spirit (though without their PS gimmick) with a grade 1 GC, expect for the shendao cultivator ,who was at sagely mental state, and it was backed up by a physical cultivator, who had to quit the fight because of thirst. My strategy was however very suboptimal, I have no doubt people were able to spank with less ressources.
:shredder:

I'm gonna need to seriously up my game. Can't wait to be at PS level to stat boost outers and stop wasting so much attainment squeezing law bonuses.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Well, that's it. I did no effort to contain the dragon and now it just spawns and wrecks everything without any respect. I would have watched all my disciples fall to the end but my physical cultivator just won't die and before getting her face smashed again she takes some time to feed the wounded, so it will never end.
That was a good run, even if I did not manages to break through primordial spirit. Oh well, this play was losing some steam anyway, so it was a glorious way to end.

Next time I'll pwnd its face.

I finally installed it, against my better judgment, and already sunk all my free time on it. Same shit with Rimworld.

How doable is focusing on body cultivators? Is it true that they are essentially useless for anything that isn't kicking ass? I planned to have a few as murder machines and use the "normal" cultivators for magic shit.
I have a good one right now and he is a walking famine, but he made short work of every hostile.

Also, can I delay all the timed plot elements (World secrets and such), or will I miss stuff? Do the events respawn?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Body cultivator grew very strong for a minimal cost, until you start trying to min-max them, where it become a huge ressource sink. On th other hand, they are indeed quite bad for anything non-combat related. By midgame, your main inflow of tier 5-6 ressources should come from adventure, and only xiando are good at this :
- Body cultivator have shit success rate because they got no elemental affinity and can't boost their luck.
- They can't equip talisman nor spirit contract, which makes them noticeably slower on the world map.
Basically, your body cult will indeed just lay around raiding your fridge and kicking the ass of any non-major threat, they should be able to dispatch any random enemy at primordial spirit level or lower.

During a playthrough, there will be three chest event happening on some north lake, they only happen once and one of them is tied to the main quest, so yes, you can miss stuff.

Perkel

Arcane
I finally installed it, against my better judgment, and already sunk all my free time on it. Same shit with Rimworld.

RimWorld has nothing on it. Feels like early access copy cat to ACS. And i spent shitload of time playing RM.

How doable is focusing on body cultivators? Is it true that they are essentially useless for anything that isn't kicking ass? I planned to have a few as murder machines and use the "normal" cultivators for magic shit.
I have a good one right now and he is a walking famine, but he made short work of every hostile.

Very doable. They are just boring to play and easily the least interesting branch out of 3. That being said they are good to roleplay.

Also, can I delay all the timed plot elements (World secrets and such), or will I miss stuff? Do the events respawn?

From the start it effectively race against the clock. There are ton of repeatable events and non repeatable events even main story can be rendered unfinishable if some people will die due to your actions or some people death.

That being said. Don't bother racing against the clock in your first few playtroughs. Just play and have fun. Racing against the clock is something for rerolls and endgame.

Perkel

Arcane
some stuff from interview:

- 1.5 mil copies sold (!!)
- both leads worked for 5 years on mobile games and hated doing shit games. They played rimworld and loved it and wanted to make their own rimworld but with chinese fantsy. They both quit their company and started working out of small two bedroom flat dai in and day out barely walking out to conserve money
- third member joined along the way while making ACS1
- game was released in poor state and early access when at the time chinese didn't know waht EA was.
- they got hit hard at start with negative reviews due to people calling it rimworld copycat game. 40 steam rating
- they were devastated due to this but pulled through and released patches almost daily for a year and relased 4 major expansions on timely manner.
- they hit 90+ rating on steam (over positive)
- They ton of money but decided to invest pretty much everything into studio and hiring
- they are hiring people and currently they are at 25 people working on ACS2.
- they don't want ACS2 to be released as early access.
- almost all systems in ACS2 are brand new and they are excited by those ideas/systems when people will get them in their hands
- they are not willing to share anything about ACS2 because they fear people will copy their bew ideas very quickly before ACS2 will come out.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
I'm happy for them, their success is well deserved. Not only the game is good, but it is also very solid technically. They seem to be competent people with a vision, a rare breed.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm playing ACS again and it's as fun as it was when I first encountered it. What I didn't miss is having to read hundreds of pages of guides but that complexity is part of the game's charm after all.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
I'm playing ACS again and it's as fun as it was when I first encountered it. What I didn't miss is having to read hundreds of pages of guides but that complexity is part of the game's charm after all.
My only gripe with its complexity is that going the inefficient way is way too inefficient. A nice cultivation room with great feng-shui, matched elements and beautiful decoration is not nearly enough, you got to fill it up with gather qi items on displays if you want to reach any progress in a decent time. I wish it was only one way among others but no, better prepare your spiritwood.
Good things there are blueprints though.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
My only gripe with its complexity is that going the inefficient way is way too inefficient. A nice cultivation room with great feng-shui, matched elements and beautiful decoration is not nearly enough, you got to fill it up with gather qi items on displays if you want to reach any progress in a decent time. I wish it was only one way among others but no, better prepare your spiritwood.
Good things there are blueprints though.
Well, that's one of the most basic things. I'm having to re-learn about sub-spirits and plan reincarnations and it's almost like work.

My metal cultivator room, supported by dragon shit and with a manual qi burst arrangement.
image.png

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Fire cultivator room made around a huge gingko tree (am very behind with collecting better wood materials)

image.png

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Ah yes, the giant gingko room, also called the "I clicked the wrong tile when putting flooring and now one of my disciple is cutting the sacred tree" room.
I haven't used this "qi bursting" technique, will look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom