Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alternative RPG Codex GOTY 2015 VOTE!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Look, sure, voting "1" is more protest than being serious, but it's a poll on a dumb forum, there is no obligation to vote seriously or not.

You haven't read the rules:

Note 4: I reserve the right to ignore votes that are clearly retarded

Anyone who gives Pillars of Eternity a 1 should be disqualified as a troll.
Tell me more about life as an autist.

bloodlover

Arcane
Jesus Christ so many low numbers for PoE. What the fucks is up? I understand the game probably did not deliver 100% but damn...

FeelTheRads

Arcane

And anyone who rates PoE, W2 and AoD higher than Underrail should be disqualified as a retard.

But rather than that, maybe instead tell us some more about Gothic and other first person games.

hell bovine

Arcane

We'll see about it at the end of voting.
Giving PoE 1 is really a troll vote, though - and I didn't even like the game. 2 is labeled in your chart as "unplayable mess", and PoE is certainly playable, has some good elements (NPCs like Durance or the Grieving Mother, the animancy lore and plot), it's just that the majority of the game is simply bland and mediocre.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

We'll see about it at the end of voting.
Giving PoE 1 is really a troll vote, though - and I didn't even like the game. 2 is labeled in your chart as "unplayable mess", and PoE is certainly playable, has some good elements (NPCs like Durance or the Grieving Mother, the animancy lore and plot), it's just that the majority of the game is simply bland and mediocre.

I agree. I have a solution in mind but I cannot say it until the vote ends. So, don't worry :)

hell bovine

Arcane
nice :)

edit: Zorba, I'd say yes. I didn't like AoD as much as I hoped, which is why I refrained from voting on it; I can still say, that even if it wasn't to my taste, it is a well done game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Once you start adjusting votes where does it end though? Are those who rate AoD 2/10 also trolls?

Pretty much yes (in regard to AoD). The thing is: this vote is for ranking up the most loved games in opposite to ranking down the most hated games.

2 means UNPLAYABLE MESS which most of the games are not (except Gone Home, Afro Samurai and other shit).

I will not adjust the votes. And I have a solution in mind but I cannot say it because it will simply enable smart trolling instead of dumb trolling.

So, keep calm. Carry on with voting and we will see at the end.

Weasel
Once you start adjusting votes where does it end though? Are those who rate AoD 2/10 also trolls?

Pretty much yes. The thing is: this vote is for ranking up the most loved games in opposite to ranking down the most hated games.

2 means UNPLAYABLE MESS which most of the games are not (except Gone Home, Afro Samurai and other shit).

I will not adjust the votes. And I have a solution in mind but I cannot say it because it will simply enable smart trolling instead of dumb trolling.

So, keep calm. Carry on with voting and we will see at the end.

Sounds good, I gave Sword Coast Legends a 1 but that was pretty generous. :cool:

Aenra

You didn't like the game.. so you didn't rate it, at all.. talk about fairness and meritocracy, lol
But if somebody else does rate a game they played and did not like? Trolls. Hell Bovine's logic. Impenetrable, impervious.

That aside, who said two means an unplayable mess? What if each element of the game 'functions' but still sucks? This is the same logic that has resulted in even the crappiest of games getting fives and sixes. Sorry, but i respectfully disagree.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Get a grip. It's an unplayable mess to those who voted 1/2. That's all there is to it.

Is the game theoretically playable? Yes, in theory you can sit down and play it.

That doesn't change the fact that it's unplayable to me.

I would rather smash my head into a rusty spike than read a single further line from that trash game. I would rather cut my balls off than do another of those terrible, boring fights. I would rather OD on heroin that look at the bland, lifeless stat screen just one more time. And I'd much rather have my head lopped off than have to suffer one more of those excruciating loading times. And the worst is, I am actually an Obsidian fan. I defend their garbage whenever I can. And I still hate this game that strongly; it is just that terrible.

The game deserves a 1 or 2 from some of us because we dislike it that strongly. It's not even trolling; we really just think it's a burning pile of shit that someone dumped in front of our doorstep. The game is an unplayable, shitty mess and I am never going to ever touch it. Therefore it deserves such a low rating. And just because you disagree doesn't make my vote or any other vote that was that low any less valuable. I am not complaining you're voting 1's and 3's to Undertale either, shit lords. Suck it up.

The game is not, as some newfag put it, an "Insult to the human race."

But it is an insult to anyone who backed Obsidian, to anyone who wanted a sequel to BG2, to anyone who hoped for a resurgence of that style of RPG, to anyone who expected half-decent writing, to anyone who expected a half-decent combat system, to anyone, basically, who wanted a good RPG. PoE is Obsidian taking a huge dump on their fans and calling it gold and if you lickspittles and cocksuckers want to slurp that shit slurry down, be my guest; but I am not going to change my vote and neither is anyone else who voted it that low.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Gonna be a douche and say it's a problem with how toro presented the scale... 1-Insult to human race/10-Perfection is a scale that promotes trolling and extreme views. People giving 10 to Witcher 3, AoD or Underrail are calling them PERFECT- the true successor to PS:T/Fallout, which obviously it isn't.

Would be better to just say 1-Worst/Most disappointing game of the year, 10-GOTY.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Gonna be a douche and say it's a problem with how toro presented the scale... 1-Insult to human race/10-Perfection is a scale that promotes trolling and extreme views. People giving 10 to Witcher 3, AoD or Underrail are calling them PERFECT- the true successor to PS:T/Fallout, which obviously it isn't.

Would be better to just say 1-Worst/Most disappointing game of the year, 10-GOTY.

You have a point. But I will not update the list for obvious reasons: the rules were set, the ball is rolling.

DeN DarK

Educated
Whitestone One, First Throne, Forty Forties

Read first post in this thread. I'll make it easy for you.

4. For extra mindfuck, the ranking will be from 1 to 10:
10: PERFECT (ONLY 1 or 2 games are allowed to have this score, so think well before voting!!!)
9: GREAT
8: GOOD
7: HAS POTENTIAL
6: MEDIOCRE
5: GOOD FOR WHATEVER IT IS [EMOTIONALLY NEUTRAL]
4: SLIGHTLY BAD
3: REALLY BAD
2: UNPLAYABLE MESS
1: AN INSULT TO THE HUMAN RACE
Note 4: I reserve the right to ignore votes that are clearly retarded: ALL GAMES HAVE THE SAME RANKING (PERFECT, MEDIOCRE OR BAD).
PS: Most of the stuff is self-explanatory. I will not respond to flame and shit. You can vote or GTFO.

For my votes I used same rule for DA:I, F4 and Undertale. If I started to play => I became bored => I delete game than it is 3 for me.
I even don't think that people who like different games than me are retarded because it is retards way of thinking about people.

Some people voted 3 for Witcher 3 or PoE. In that ruleset 3 is ok - it is theirs opinion. But 2 can be only trolling for any game that didn't have huge bugs&lags problems. In 2015 I didn't play such games and didn't use 1 or 2.
Scale must be real - not relative. If you play something mediocre and it was worst game in that year in relative scale it must be 1. But on this scale it cannot be 1.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Age of Decadence: 10

Ninjaedit: As I noted in that other thread, this is the only game released 2015 that I have actually played (long backlog and not enough time for games...)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Get a grip. It's an unplayable mess to those who voted 1/2. That's all there is to it.

Is the game theoretically playable? Yes, in theory you can sit down and play it.

That doesn't change the fact that it's unplayable to me.

I would rather smash my head into a rusty spike than read a single further line from that trash game. I would rather cut my balls off than do another of those terrible, boring fights. I would rather OD on heroin that look at the bland, lifeless stat screen just one more time. And I'd much rather have my head lopped off than have to suffer one more of those excruciating loading times. And the worst is, I am actually an Obsidian fan. I defend their garbage whenever I can. And I still hate this game that strongly; it is just that terrible.

The game deserves a 1 or 2 from some of us because we dislike it that strongly. It's not even trolling; we really just think it's a burning pile of shit that someone dumped in front of our doorstep. The game is an unplayable, shitty mess and I am never going to ever touch it. Therefore it deserves such a low rating. And just because you disagree doesn't make my vote or any other vote that was that low any less valuable. I am not complaining you're voting 1's and 3's to Undertale either, shit lords. Suck it up.

But it is an insult to anyone who backed Obsidian, to anyone who wanted a sequel to BG2, to anyone who hoped for a resurgence of that style of RPG, to anyone who expected half-decent writing, to anyone who expected a half-decent combat system, to anyone, basically, who wanted a good RPG. PoE is Obsidian taking a huge dump on their fans and calling it gold and if you lickspittles and cocksuckers want to slurp that shit slurry down, be my guest; but I am not going to change my vote and neither is anyone else who voted it that low.

You like and praise UnderTale.

Which means, that anything that comes out of your faggy mouth can henceforth be disregarded entirely.

Thanks, that will be all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Which means, that anything that comes out of your faggy mouth can henceforth be disregarded entirely.

He only ranks Undertale as "has potential":

This year was just shit for RPGs.

Undertale: 7
Underrail: 5
Age of Decadence: 3
Pillars of Eternity: 1

Saying that a game has potential doesn't mean that it's good or bad, just that it could be good with patches/mods/in a sequel/in the hands of another developer. That's why I gave Fallout 4 a 7 rating; I've played the first two games, and I know that the franchise has enormous potential, even though the current developer isn't realizing it.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

He only ranks Undertale as "has potential":

This year was just shit for RPGs.

Undertale: 7
Underrail: 5
Age of Decadence: 3
Pillars of Eternity: 1

Saying that a game has potential doesn't mean that it's good or bad, just that it could be good with patches/mods/in a sequel/in the hands of another developer. That's why I gave Fallout 4 a 7 rating; I've played the first two games, and I know that the franchise has enormous potential, even though the current developer isn't realizing it.

Which is bad enough.

People rating UnderTale anything other than 0 or 1 if you're a enormous fagtrashy, should be disregarded entirely. That game is beyond shit. Basically makes people comtemplate suicide and stabbing yourself in the eyes and the brain repeatately.

Compared to UnderTale, PoE is the one of the century unique masterpieces of the cRPG generation now and in the future 1000 years to come.

The end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom